Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Yeah, Thursday night, saturday afternoons, all day sunday and sunday night and then of course monday night football. I added saturday afternoon, as if there's nothing on my schedule, I'm also watching the good college games!! Thursday is for only so many games. But college also tosses in some wed,thur & Fri night games.
    How do you guys ever survive off-season? Honestly, I detest football now. I just can't help myself...lol. I remember only too well having to clean and vacuum around the rapt-attentioned-husband who couldn't peel himself away from the tv long enough to help do anything. Such is life...heh.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DLT View Post
    How do you guys ever survive off-season? Honestly, I detest football now. I just can't help myself...lol. I remember only too well having to clean and vacuum around the rapt-attentioned-husband who couldn't peel himself away from the tv long enough to help do anything. Such is life...heh.
    I try my best to get by with hockey, baseball, basketball, boxing and now all of the mma fights! I'm a sportsaholic, there's always something on.

I'm happy to help, even when sports are on - but the woman is dreaming if it's a Steelers game. Or if they are down by like 28 points, then I go elsewhere and act like it didn't happen.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

"Clean?"

"Vacuum?"

What are these things of which you speak?
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

4. Thanks jimnyc, LongTermGuy, Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Default Belichik and Kraft

A conversation between Robert Kraft and Bill Belichick in the year 2000:

Kraft (walking into Belichick’s office): “Wow, what’s with all the new signed pictures on the wall? Here’s one… Lance Armstrong.”
    Belichik: “Yeah, he won the Tour de France a bunch of times.”
    Kraft: “Didn’t he cheat, though?”
    Belichik: “He just did what he had to do to win a bunch of times. The losers all whined that he cheated.”
    Kraft: “Well, who’s this one? It says ‘Rosie Ruiz’.”
    Belichik: “Yeah, she won the Boston Marathon.”
    Kraft: "Whatever. So what's the plan for this year, Bill? We've still never won a Super Bowl."
    Belichick: "I've got a new plan this year. Screw the stinkin' rulebook! I'm gonna videotape the other teams’ plays, steal their playbooks, and bug the visiting team’s locker rooms and hotel rooms. Anything to help us win games and get to the Super Bowl. And if I have to, I’ll shoot anyone who gets in the way, except my dear old Mom.”
    Kraft: “What?! Are you kidding?”
    Belichick: “I’m kidding, of course… I’d shoot Mom too, if the old biddy got in the way of a Super Bowl win.”
    Kraft: “That sounds like a lot of cheating. We’d be severely punished by the NFL.”
    Belichick: “Only if we lose. Cheaters that lose are vilified, but cheaters that win are “savvy”, “smart”, and “well-coached”. And people that complain about cheaters that win are “whiners”, and “just jealous”.
    Kraft: “Will Bledsoe go along with this?”
    Belichik: “If he doesn’t, I’ve got a new kid ready to be quarterback that will go along with any scheme I come up with. He’s even come up with a scheme of his own, where he gets someone to deflate his balls right before game time.”
    Kraft: “Hmmm, are we still talking about football?”

6. Thanks Abbey Marie, Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    A conversation between Robert Kraft and Bill Belichick in the year 2000:

Kraft (walking into Belichick’s office): “Wow, what’s with all the new signed pictures on the wall? Here’s one… Lance Armstrong.”
    Belichik: “Yeah, he won the Tour de France a bunch of times.”
    Kraft: “Didn’t he cheat, though?”
    Belichik: “He just did what he had to do to win a bunch of times. The losers all whined that he cheated.”
    Kraft: “Well, who’s this one? It says ‘Rosie Ruiz’.”
    Belichik: “Yeah, she won the Boston Marathon.”
    Kraft: "Whatever. So what's the plan for this year, Bill? We've still never won a Super Bowl."
    Belichick: "I've got a new plan this year. Screw the stinkin' rulebook! I'm gonna videotape the other teams’ plays, steal their playbooks, and bug the visiting team’s locker rooms and hotel rooms. Anything to help us win games and get to the Super Bowl. And if I have to, I’ll shoot anyone who gets in the way, except my dear old Mom.”
    Kraft: “What?! Are you kidding?”
    Belichick: “I’m kidding, of course… I’d shoot Mom too, if the old biddy got in the way of a Super Bowl win.”
    Kraft: “That sounds like a lot of cheating. We’d be severely punished by the NFL.”
    Belichick: “Only if we lose. Cheaters that lose are vilified, but cheaters that win are “savvy”, “smart”, and “well-coached”. And people that complain about cheaters that win are “whiners”, and “just jealous”.
    Kraft: “Will Bledsoe go along with this?”
    Belichik: “If he doesn’t, I’ve got a new kid ready to be quarterback that will go along with any scheme I come up with. He’s even come up with a scheme of his own, where he gets someone to deflate his balls right before game time.”
    Kraft: “Hmmm, are we still talking about football?”

Lol!! "Just kidding; I'd shoot Mom too..."

After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I didn't think much of this anyway. I thought the play calling should have been a penalty, at least one play. But this doesn't surprise me.

------

NFL says Patriots had nothing to do with headset malfunctions

The NFL quickly and decisively squashed a New England Patriots controversy before it got too big, saying the team had nothing to do with malfunctioning headsets in Thursday night's game.

A lot of time, money and energy would have been saved had the league done something similar last January. But I digress.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...224715820.html
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post

Tho, more importantly, first local ice hockey game of the season tomorrow 0:
    Damn Straight.... F-Ing Cheaters....

And Jimmy is rooting for the team that hired a Dog killer....

a Zero/Zero Tie.... perfect for wrecking a season....

I hope they have one...
    You know, the last time I was in Germany and saw a man standing above everybody else, we ended up disagreeing.

Captain America

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Steelers lost fair and square. And exactly as I said, they would score, but wouldn't be able to stop the pass. The D backs are too young. Brady was too good last night.

But the good news is that the offense looked good, even with 3 key players being out. Le'veon Bell is out, but De'angelo Williams covered for him and ran for 120+ yards. Antonia Brown picked up where he left off and caught 9 for 130+ yards, and Big Ben was 26 of 38 for 351 yards.

They did themselves in early with a stupid call for a trick play, and 2 missed field goals, while letting Brady get scores on consecutive drives. It was all catch up from there.

And I don't hold the Patriots accountable for the headphones issues. The Steelers say that the Patriots should have been forced to have theirs turned off too. The NFL is investigating but it is their fault, not the Patriots. Either way, the few minutes it was off, I don't think it mattered. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...et-controversy

I think what mattered more was the shift the Patriots pulled on the 1yard line when the Steelers were 1st and goal, which caused a penalty and dropped them back. Genius play or illegal play? No call was made. The Steelers settled for yet another field goal instead. Still wouldn't have been enough to have won though.

With any luck the Steelers will get better and get another shot at these bastards down the road.
    I don't think code was required that the first person back against Brady was taking it. Pissed him off from the SB until now? I'm surprised the Steelers actually kept up. And not because they're the Steelers but I'm actually surprised Brady didn't come out smoking.

I AM however curious about the headset thing. Tomlin looked pissed and made an accusation. That's not like him.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Did you just call MY team Squealers? And mispelled it? The one thing everyone said about the Steelers from 1931 on is -- and they were perennial losers until the 70s -- they don't care about the scoreboard, they'll just beat your ass up.

Jack Lambert was my hero. Larry Csonka was next because some genius tried to make me a fullback one year. I'm a bull in a china shop. I ain't running around you.

But, the biggest reason I no longer watch football is the pussies have turned it into a pussy game and this deflategate crap is a perfect example. Measuring the PSI in a ball? Hell, I couldn't even play football now and it ain't cuz of my age. I'd have more personal fouls against me nowadays in 2 minutes. When we played, I'd hit you with everything I had. I'd nail your helmet with a forearm so fast you'd have thought I beat the snap.

The fact, these guys nowadays are wimps. Line me, Chuck Bednarik and Jack Lambert up. Send you home in a basket. And screw all these protect the QB rules. That's protecting an investment. He's another player on the field to me.

I've been a Steelers fan since 68 for ONE reason. They show up to play. I never lined up to lose. Neither did any of the people I have respect for. Jack, Bob Lilly, Chuck Howley (can't tell I was a LB, can you?)

Gunny I have to agree, I love defense, and the guys you mentioned are on the top of my list as well, add Taylor and I would say you had a great mind

I played offense and Defense coming up, MLB then onto nose tackle, amd center on offense, yea I know all about the fight in the trenches.
    Never look down on someone unless you are helping them up

12. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I stopped watching pro football regularly a long time ago. Just couldn't justify the time for it even though I'm a fan. Friday nites was and still is High School football games which our school district play. Hot dogs, hot cocoa, and a get together after the game. Saturday was for Penn State home & some away games. Sundays were for racing, attending or TV. Monday nites were Fire co. meetings though the game was usually on later. The woman then took my time the rest of the week if I wanted to keep her.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts. Bertrand Russell

14. Thanks Gunny, Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sundaydriver View Post
    I stopped watching pro football regularly a long time ago. Just couldn't justify the time for it even though I'm a fan. Friday nites was and still is High School football games which our school district play. Hot dogs, hot cocoa, and a get together after the game. Saturday was for Penn State home & some away games. Sundays were for racing, attending or TV. Monday nites were Fire co. meetings though the game was usually on later. The woman then took my time the rest of the week if I wanted to keep her.
    I quit watching it, and basketball about like I laid off message boards for about 6 years. If I'm going to let something piss me off THAT bad, I need to walk away. Can of goes with another thread, but ....

The NFL and their dumbass refs ruined the game for me. They're all about making money, not playing the game. When I was coming up, all these players had real jobs because the game was just the game. Ernie Ladd quit playing ball and started professional wrestling because he was making 10x the income. People played the game because they were warriors and played the game. Now it's a pansy sport, and the NFL referee show.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

16. Thanks Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

FINAL SCORE:

NY JETS - 31

Da Browns - 10

J...E...T...S... JETS JETS JETS!!!
    You know, the last time I was in Germany and saw a man standing above everybody else, we ended up disagreeing.

Captain America

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DLT View Post
    We watch together...
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

19. Thanks Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    We watch together...
    My wife has learned to enjoy things that I do as well, great way to spend time together and enjoy each other that much more, yup she does my things and in return I tolerate her ( no, J/K ) I do things she enjoys, and hell you might even find some of the stuff is actually fun to do.
    Never look down on someone unless you are helping them up

21. Thanks Gunny, Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    My wife has learned to enjoy things that I do as well, great way to spend time together and enjoy each other that much more, yup she does my things and in return I tolerate her ( no, J/K ) I do things she enjoys, and hell you might even find some of the stuff is actually fun to do.
    You tolerate her, huh? Okay, I needed a good laugh this morning.

23. Thanks Jeff thanked this post