Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Default Cop Shot as He Responds to Wrong House and Shoots Man and His Dog

OK I am not real sure exactly when this happened, but this sure does make me feel good about handing over my legally owned weapons and allowing the police to protect me.

Seems the Delkab County police in GA where called to a possible break in, they went to the back of the residence and found the door open and entered the house, while doing there cop stuff in the house shots where fired, the homeowner was shot , his dog shot and killed and one of the police officers was also shot, in the thigh, he underwent surgery and in is critical condition, sounds like it was really a bad scene in that house.

Now for the best part, the cops entered the wrong house, they entered it illegally and now that home owner has a new hole in his body and a dead dog because of it, and get this, the cop that was shot was actually shot by a fellow police officer, they don't even know if the homeowner even owned a weapon, yea I am feeling so well protected right now.

I am guessing at this point the cops not only need to wear a body camera but maybe a strobe light as well, so they know not to shoot each other.

A DeKalb County Georgia police officer was shot after he responded to the wrong home, entering it and shooting a man and his dog.
    The interesting thing that occurred during the incident is that the police officer was actually shot by his fellow officer. It's not even clear whether or not the homeowner had a gun

http://freedomoutpost.com/2015/09/co...n-and-his-dog/
    Never look down on someone unless you are helping them up

2. Thanks revelarts, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

b-b-but the police are there to PROTECT us! NOBODY "NEEDS" a gun! Just CALL THE POLICE (to the wrong house)!!!

(sigh).

I hope the homeowner sues and gets MILLIONS.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

4. Thanks Jeff, Drummond, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Nukeman, revelarts thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

With the impression of American cops and gun culture in the press here, I'm not surprised that it happened and can well believe it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nonnie View Post
    With the impression of American cops and gun culture in the press here, I'm not surprised that it happened and can well believe it.
    You think that such situations are commonplace in America ?
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

7. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

"Gun Culture" is a Progressive/liberal label that's honestly stupid. It stems from aramphobes and psuedo-intellectuals. Nobody has a "gun culture" except folks who work in the firearms industry.

Look, you progressive EU-type folks have it all wrong. On MOST things. Don't invent or use BS 'touchy-feely-bullshit' terms to the Freedom and liberty that scare you. Best part about 'Mericans? We have balls.

'Mericans have the balls to save the world several times over. Because of our guns.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

9. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Drummond, Nukeman, red state, Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    "Gun Culture" is a Progressive/liberal label that's honestly stupid. It stems from aramphobes and psuedo-intellectuals. Nobody has a "gun culture" except folks who work in the firearms industry.

Look, you progressive EU-type folks have it all wrong. On MOST things. Don't invent or use BS 'touchy-feely-bullshit' terms to the Freedom and liberty that scare you. Best part about 'Mericans? We have balls.

'Mericans have the balls to save the world several times over. Because of our guns.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.

ME TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! -TYR
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

11. Thanks Drummond, Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Car culture
    Food Culture
    Meditation. Culture
    Air Breathing Culture

Do you see how stupid those sound? It the same with guns. There's no gun culture, there are people from many cultures within our country who own guns.

Systemic poverty and factionalization have FAR more to do with crime than guns. A gun is the tool of criminals because people are afraid of it, and it's efficient. They repeatedly choose places where they know guns stand a low chance of being present, because they're not mentally handicapped.
    "Government screws up everything. If government says black, you can bet it's white. If government says sit still for your safety, you'd better run for your life!"
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org

13. Thanks Nukeman thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So why do American web sites talk about American gun culture?

Here's an example http://www.americanheritage.com/cont...ca-gun-culture

Senator Joseph Tydings of Maryland, appealing in the summer of 1968 for an effective gun-control law, lamented: “It is just tragic that in all of Western civilization the United States is the one country with an insane gun policy.” In one respect this was an understatement: Western or otherwise, the United States is the only modern industrial urban nation that persists in maintaining a gun culture.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

My rant is about progressives. But especially those on the outside. "Gun Culture" gets the blame because it removes people's acknowledgment of the depravity of men's minds.

Guns aren't the problem. Men's evil nature is the problem...but that conflicts with progressive ideals about, among other things, evolution and political correctness.

16. Thanks Nukeman thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My rant is about progressives. But especially those on the outside. "Gun Culture" gets the blame because it removes people's acknowledgment of the depravity of men's minds.

Guns aren't the problem. Men's evil nature is the problem...but that conflicts with progressive ideals about, among other things, evolution and political correctness.
    Correct, people are the problem, so why give those who decide to go on a killing spree the means to cause greater causalities in a much shorter space of time by having weapons that allow this? Surely there's a difference with a kid on the rampage in a college with a knife or baseball bat as opposed to being armed with guns.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

There would be serious hell to pay if this were me. I'm unsure I could have made it out of there without serious jail time. I wouldn't take too kindly to seeing my dog laying there dead. I would do something dumb as a result of the stupidity they started with. Would I at least get a lesser charge of it being a "crime of passion"?
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

"It's on the Internet, so it must be true". This is what your defense of the term amounts.

The only people who use the term are people trying to increase gun control. Funny how not one single person outside of that group uses the term. It's kind of like they're saying as a mantra to get people there is one, and that it's bad.

Let's try a different approach: Everyone's in the economic shitter, people are upset, and you're not up to the many complex and hard choices that lay before you. You then notice that a tangential argument exists to blame for the problems. For the purpose of the exercise, let's call it.... jew culture.

Yeah, not so good, right? Sudden it takes on much deeper connotations. Politicians on both sides pull this, and it doesn't work

As to "why not take away the tools"... we already do. List of people who are denied sale of arms are:

Those mentally incapable of responsible use
    Those physically incapable of responsible use
    Those who have abused gun ownership in the past
    Ex cons
    Heck, if the seller feels you might be up to no good, or shouldn't be armed for ANY, he can deny sale immediately.

Let's look at Sandy Hook (God knows the Control Culture trots it out whenever they feel like it. See what I did there). The shooter attempted to purchase firearms, but got denied because of his background check (these occur in all 50 states). So clearly the shooter was thwarted... until he went home, murdered his mother, looted her guns, and went to go murder children en masse.

There is no gun control law whatsoever that would've prevented this, period. This was a sick bastard who wanted to rack a body count. Criminals cheat, always have. The only people actually prevented from ownership by further control laws are the people whay need them to defend themselves with.
    "Government screws up everything. If government says black, you can bet it's white. If government says sit still for your safety, you'd better run for your life!"
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Correct, people are the problem, so why give those who decide to go on a killing spree the means to cause greater causalities in a much shorter space of time by having weapons that allow this? Surely there's a difference with a kid on the rampage in a college with a knife or baseball bat as opposed to being armed with guns.
    Welcome, Nonnie, I've read many of your posts and the last few are the most disturbing to me because it truly signifies the ignorance of intelligent people there in the UK and Australia (or any liberal minded zone of successful indoctrination).

I have clients in both the UK and in Australia and, although good people with many Conservative views, almost all of them are geared to accept the illogical notion of what their gov., peers and teachers have pushed upon them since birth.

My simple response to your question regarding GUN BANs/RESTRICTION is this:
    1. We should, SIMPLY, ban crime....this would significantly solve MOST of the world's problem.
    2. If we can't ban crime as it is obvious that we can't even control our own border with drugs, terrorists, criminals and diseased leaches crossing daily by the 100's.........is it obvious that we need to place guns in the hands of our elderly or physically challenged civilians?! Even a bat or a knife can be devastating to a retirement home or community.
    3. Who will protect us when the protectors are our greatest fear? I don't like the rapper/actor ICE-T but he has it RIGHT (to a certain extent) when he said that he'll give up his guns when everyone else has FIRST......EVERYONE (meaning that he'll never give up his gun and neither will I).
    4. I or my family, friends and church brothers simply enjoy shooting........this alone is why I'll never adhere to gun laws but will ALWAYS recite the 2nd Amendment as my right to openly or conceal carry with re-enforcement from my State's Castle Law.

I'll tell you like I've told others.......if you don't like guns, don't buy, have or use them but leave me, my family and OUR well being alone.
    Last edited by red state; 09-11-2015 at 06:17 PM.
    NEVER MESS WITH AN
    IRISH/SCOTT/ITALIAN CHEROKEE!

"A wise man is at the right hand but a fool is at the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2
    "The fool hath said in his heart, there is no God" Psalms 53:1

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Yes there is a difference, but what if the kid stole a couple of 747 jets and killed thousands, should we now make planes illegal as well ?
    I mean after all a 10 second spree with a 747 certainly does more damage than a gun does, hell even a assault rifle.
    Never look down on someone unless you are helping them up

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

This poor guy is sitting watching a movie with his wife and 1 year old child when he gets up to go to the kitchen to see why his dog is barking and as soon as he turns the corner to the kitchen the cops open fire killing the dog, wounding the man, and another officer. This isn't about gun violence, it's about gross over reaction by the police involved to a report of a POSSIBLE break in at the wrong house. When you aren't safe in your own home from the police, then the police are the problem.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts. Bertrand Russell