Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Where were you

I was about to post this in the "what are you listening now" thread. I figured it couldn't hurt to share with others in a different forum.

This is an awesome tune - Alan Jackson - Where were you when the world stopped turning

“You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks DLT, LongTermGuy, Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

I was in Camarillo, California.

Getting ready for work with the news on, as is my habit...

Saw the second plane hit during the live coverage of the first plane hitting. Up until that point, it was just a tragic accident...
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

4. Thanks jimnyc, LongTermGuy, SassyLady thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I've watched many 9/11 tributes once again this year. It's amazing seeing the towers in the background, especially at nighttime, with half of the office lights on and half off. Standing defiantly above all of the other buildings. I remember driving up and down the NJ Turnpike a million times seeing those towers. You notice them much more than when in NYC. But it's still odd to see that skyline without those buildings there.

This picture is not off of the turnpike, this is right off of the shore. Just miss seeing them!!

“You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Give you an idea about how long it's been since I was last in NYC...

I was still married to my first wife and we stood atop the towers, can't remember which one allowed that... So that must have been around 1985...
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

7. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I was about to post this in the "what are you listening now" thread. I figured it couldn't hurt to share with others in a different forum.

This is an awesome tune - Alan Jackson - Where were you when the world stopped turning

I will never forget where I was and what I was doing that morning.

My mother had had a heart attack and ended up in the hospital, so I had to take a leave of absence from my work (the second one in two years) to go help her and to do her job of taking care of my dad who was on oxygen and had to have dialysis 3 times a week.

My mom had just gotten out of the hospital and I was getting ready to drive dad to his dialysis appointment and watching Fox News while getting ready, when I saw the first plane hit. Of course, not knowing what was going on....the thought that 'how couild someone be so stupid and have an accident like that" had barely gone through my head when I watched the 2nd plane hit. At that point, of course, it was obvious. Deliberate attack. I remember talking about it to my parents before leaving the house, but they were preoccupied with their own health problems and didn't really pay attention. By the time I got back home, my mom had watched enough Fox News to understand what was happening and we talked about how scary it was.

What really pisses me off....is the knowledge that if Clinton and Gorelick had not, due to political correctness and leftist BS intentions of protecting the poor widdle muzzies, erected a wall preventing the sharing of intel that would have prevented 9/11. For that alone Clinton, Gorelick and half of the Democratic Party should have been thrown in prison for life. Instead, they went on, as DemocRats always do, with their treason and their life with no consequences.

Something's gotta change.
    Last edited by DLT; 09-11-2015 at 06:17 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DLT View Post

My mother had had a heart attack and ended up in the hospital, so I had to take a leave of absence from my work (the second one in two years) to go help her and to do her job of taking care of my dad who was on oxygen and had to have dialysis 3 times a week.

My mom had just gotten out of the hospital and I was getting ready to drive dad to his dialysis appointment and watching Fox News while getting ready, when I saw the first plane hit. Of course, not knowing what was going on....the thought that 'how couild someone be so stupid and have an accident like that" had barely gone through my head when I watched the 2nd plane it. At that point, of course, it was obvious. Deliberate attack. I remember talking about it to my parents before leaving the house, but they were preoccupied with their own health problems and didn't really pay attention. By the time I got back home, my mom had watched enough Fox News to understand what was happening and we talked about how scary it was.

What really pisses me off....is the knowledge that if Clinton and Gorelick had not, due to political correctness and leftist BS intentions of protecting the poor widdle muzzies, erected a wall preventing the sharing of intel that would have prevented 9/11. For that alone Clinton, Gorelick and half of the Democratic Party should have been thrown in prison for life. Instead, they went on, as DemocRats always do, with their treason and their life with no consequences.

Fantastic post.....enjoyed the read.

Hope all is well with your parents (I've lost my mom an uncle, my mom-n-law & a few aunts since then). Beautiful morning....TERRIBLE DAY!!!

Will never forgive Clinton for giving OBL a pass (after a semi-failed attack on our Navy & the WTC while he was disgracing OUR White House) and I'll never forget Bush trying to tell me that WE worship the same god as the religion of pieces....proclaiming that iSLUM is a peaceful people while THEY celebrated (both here and in most EVERY iSLUMist nation in the world over THEIR victory).

Today. our current disgrace in OUR White House is rejecting Christians from Europe & oppressive muSLUM countries (while welcoming muSLUMs & those from our Southern borders who make up a HUGE portion of our prison system, burden on our system & account for much of the disease carriers/spreaders.

NEVER MESS WITH AN
    IRISH/SCOTT/ITALIAN CHEROKEE!

"A wise man is at the right hand but a fool is at the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2
    "The fool hath said in his heart, there is no God" Psalms 53:1

10. Thanks Drummond, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

In my case, these events, because of the time difference, were happening during the afternoon.

I was at work, in my office in Pimlico, London, when news filtered through. Some of us went online to try and get information .. and, as almost NEVER happens, some news outlets weren't allowing people to log in to them, presumably because they were crashing due to all the online traffic.

As I recall, I only got full details after I got home that evening, though the basics of what had happened had reached us by then. I think some of us were wondering how serious the world situation was going to get as a result. I remember watching Bush's TV broadcast announcing the first action steps to be taken.

My memory of it, now, is rather hazy, as so much time has passed .. but it was definitely one of those 'you are always going to remember where you were that day' sort of moments ... like Kennedy being assassinated (I was at Edmonton Green, watching it on TV through the shopfront window of a radio/TV store). Or the Challenger disaster (essentially the same, but at the other end of Edmonton) .. or the moment we knew that Margaret Thatcher had been thrown out of her job as PM (a messenger told me, in a lift, as I was arriving to work .. and jubilantly !!).

Then, of course, we had our own '7/7' attack in London, in 2005. I was commuting to London from Essex, when news came through. The train I was on was possibly the last to be allowed to reach the Fenchurch Street terminus (platform 3, I think) before all public transport was suspended. There I was, stuck at Tower Hill, waiting for a means to continue my journey .. because all buses had stopped, taxis ditto, and naturally the London Underground network was closed.
    Last edited by Drummond; 09-11-2015 at 09:14 PM.
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

12. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

I was there...
    You know, the last time I was in Germany and saw a man standing above everybody else, we ended up disagreeing.

Captain America

14. Thanks Gunny, SassyLady, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

You know, the last time I was in Germany and saw a man standing above everybody else, we ended up disagreeing.

Captain America

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post

I honestly had to turn the tube off and get off the board because I was sick of listening to this junk. FTR, I was sitting in the cab of my truck eating carne guisada tacos on 9-11. I think Pearl Harbor was a bigger disaster. Dumbass ragheads attacked symbols. The Japanese attacked our military capability.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

17. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

I was in Lawerenceville GA, I had just dumped a load of stone and when I walked inside to get my paper work signed all the driver where in the drivers room but not a sound, they where all huddled around the TV, I got there in time to watch the second plane hit, still makes me sick.

My wife was pregnant and had a doctors appointment in Dekab ( which is just outside of Atlanta ) I couldn't get the number dialed fast enough to tell her appointment cancelled !!
    Never look down on someone unless you are helping them up

19. Thanks Gunny, Drummond, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

My mom had just gotten out of the hospital and I was getting ready to drive dad to his dialysis appointment and watching Fox News while getting ready, when I saw the first plane hit. Of course, not knowing what was going on....the thought that 'how couild someone be so stupid and have an accident like that" had barely gone through my head when I watched the 2nd plane hit. At that point, of course, it was obvious. Deliberate attack. I remember talking about it to my parents before leaving the house, but they were preoccupied with their own health problems and didn't really pay attention. By the time I got back home, my mom had watched enough Fox News to understand what was happening and we talked about how scary it was.

Nothing has changed, except that they put in their "muslim in hiding" to weaken us further!
    Only way they could have done that is an alliance with the globalists to bring this nation down!
    That is the dangerous truth so many refuse to face..
    As facing it would require action-almost certainly violent action, because its our own government working to do it to us!
    Careful , this quote below will get ya called a "conspiracy nut" as it has me for 7 years solid years now!
    Instead, they went on, as DemocRats always do, with their treason and their life with no consequences.
    --Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

21. Thanks Drummond, Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

It did! We got HOPE & CHANGE...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

I was asleep and my husband (military) called to tell me a plane crashed into one of the towers. I turned on the news and was watching coverage when the second one hit. Watching the towers come down and screaming OMG. Crying for all the people trapped and being horrified when they started jumping. Being sickened by Katie Couric asking for gory details from witness of Flight 93 crash.

I can remember thinking that my life was going to take a drastic turn because I knew he would be deployed.

Then I sat there getting sicker and sicker as more info came in about the pentagon and Flight 93. Marveled at how fast all remaining aircraft was grounded. Pissed about NORAD failure to act quicker. Cancelling all my client appointments for that day. Calling my daughter to talk about how to contact each other if things got worse. Worrying about attack on west coast.

This is one of those times I'll remember exactly where I was and what I was doing. The same thing with Kennedy, shuttle disaster, OJ verdict, Elvis dying, Secretariat's death.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

24. Thanks Gunny, Jeff, red state, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    I was asleep and my husband (military) called to tell me a plane crashed into one of the towers. I turned on the news and was watching coverage when the second one hit. Watching the towers come down and screaming OMG. Crying for all the people trapped and being horrified when they started jumping. Being sickened by Katie Couric asking for gory details from witness of Flight 93 crash.

I can remember thinking that my life was going to take a drastic turn because I knew he would be deployed.

Then I sat there getting sicker and sicker as more info came in about the pentagon and Flight 93. Marveled at how fast all remaining aircraft was grounded. Pissed about NORAD failure to act quicker. Cancelling all my client appointments for that day. Calling my daughter to talk about how to contact each other if things got worse. Worrying about attack on west coast.

This is one of those times I'll remember exactly where I was and what I was doing. The same thing with Kennedy, shuttle disaster, OJ verdict, Elvis dying, Secretariat's death.
    Interesting take. I was thinking "How'd we let this happen?" Clinton was warned in the early 90s and just let it ride.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

26. Thanks Jeff, red state, SassyLady, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post