Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red state View Post
    Drummond, you need to simply come on over here where a good number of free thinkers are......I have quite a few guns, a shooting range and all kind of weapons to shoot (and would even loan or sell you a couple). In no way could I live over there....talk about hell on earth. Heck, I'll even try and help you find a place. I have over 150 acres that you could set up a camper until we did find you a place. You need to get outta there (especially if you're thinking of retiring). Just tell B.O. that you're a good muSLUM with a love of tacos and he'll put you in front of the line of those waiting to come on over to the absolute BEST Nation on EARTH and ever in History. That is as un-debatable as my stand on gun rights.
    Thanks for your kind offer. I'm retired already, though, and already settled where I now am, with arrangements firmly in place.

Besides .. quitting the UK would add up to my quitting the battle still to be had here. If everyone took the line that vacating locations where undesirable things were happening courtesy of ideological enemies, those enemies would win out. Somebody's got to keep an eye on the BBC's domestic output, and maybe write an occasional stroppy note to the Morning Star (Britain's one Commie newspaper, a paper, by the way, that the recently-elected Leader of the Labour Party, Jeremy Corbyn, regularly writes for !).
    Last edited by Drummond; 09-18-2015 at 04:55 AM.
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

4. Thanks red state thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DLT View Post
    They called him the Benedict Arnold of the DF. Don't they realize... that Arnold defected to the Brits (not vice versa)...and was promoted and made a general in the Brit army for 'surrendering'? Drummond would never surrender anything, much less his loyalty and his moral convictions. They don't have a clue. Arnold more aptly describes the average and atypical leftie, in fact.
    Attention: To correct a pervious error in this post.....

I have since been made aware that the comment I thought I remembered actually said "reverse Benedict Arnold"....so I was incorrect....

since the comment, albeit an inaccurate assessment of Drummond's character in my humble opinion, was appropriate considering the attempt to compare Drummond to a traitor to the Brits. (whew)

That is all.

6. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nonnie View Post
    This is the UK situation with gun law -

As Britain's gun ownership system is criticised by inspectors, here are the key questions answered on the rules which apply in England, Scotland and Wales.
    :: Can anyone own a gun?
    In principle, yes they can. But you have to have a licence to own a gun and you have to comply with certain regulations in order to get a licence.
    :: So how do I get a licence?
    You would need to apply to your local police force asking for either a Firearms Certificate or a Shotgun Certificate.
    :: What's the difference?
    A Firearms Certificate (FAC) is for a rifle, certain pistols with overly long barrels, air rifles with a power of more than 12 foot pounds (12ft lbs) or a shotgun with a magazine capacity of three or more cartridges.
    A Shotgun Certificate (SGC) does what it says on the tin. It is for a smooth bore gun that does not have a magazine or a non-detachable magazine that holds no more than two cartridges, with a barrel not less than 24" (60.96cm) and a bore less than 2" (5.08cm).
    :: What about air rifles?
    Any adult can own an air rifle provided it does not exceed a power output of 12ft lbs which is the amount of energy needed to propel a pound in weight 12 feet into the air. Anything of 12ft lbs or over is treated like a firearm.
    :: So what happens after that?
    You decide what licence is appropriate for you and apply. There are only two reasons you can have a gun. One is for shooting at targets, i.e. at a gun club, while the other is for hunting.
    If you're looking to hunt (i.e. shooting animals) you have to have somewhere appropriate to shoot - either you own the land or you have the owner's permission to shoot there.
    It has to be land that's suitable for shooting, so it has to be safe so you do not present a danger to the public.
    If it's your first application, you will need a firearms police expert to come and inspect the land to ensure it fits the criteria - your back garden, for instance, unless it's a particularly large expanse, is unlikely to be considered suitable.
    :: Once I've got the licence and the gun, can I keep it at home?
    Yes, but the gun has to be under lock and key, in a cabinet attached to a wall - again the police will come to inspect.
    You also need somewhere separate to keep the ammunition, although this could be a mini locker inside your gun cabinet.
    :: Are there any reasons why I can't have a licence?
    There may be physical or mental health reasons why you will be refused a gun licence.
    You have to disclose them on your application form and it is an offence not to reveal relevant information.
    If you've been given a suspended sentence for a minimum of three months or more, you cannot hold a firearm for five years after being sentenced.
    If you have been in prison for three years or more, you are forever banned from having a licence.
    :: And, finally, can I have a gun purely to defend myself?
    No, never.

How do Americans view our situation? Apparently inspectors are not happy !!
    I am constantly perplexed by Eurodunces who celebrate their incredible lack of liberties, choices and Government dependency.
    The real fantasy world is the one that allows Democrats to run from a past that never was to a future no one wants.

8. Thanks Gunny, red state thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
    Thanks for your kind offer. I'm retired already, though, and already settled where I now am, with arrangements firmly in place.

Besides .. quitting the UK would add up to my quitting the battle still to be had here. If everyone took the line that vacating locations where undesirable things were happening courtesy of ideological enemies, those enemies would win out. Somebody's got to keep an eye on the BBC's domestic output, and maybe write an occasional stroppy note to the Morning Star (Britain's one Commie newspaper, a paper, by the way, that the recently-elected Leader of the Labour Party, Jeremy Corbyn, regularly writes for !).
    I'm not sure if I agree with that or not. For years, I've invited Conservative friends and clients from California to join the ranks here in the South but they pretty much tell me the same thing you just did. In a way I agree but in another way, one could look at from a Native American's point of view. You can remain divided among the tribes, endeavor to live with the whiteeye OR you can join forces and kick @$$ from a strategically supportive area/like-minded group. I suppose there are pros and cons to most anything if you dwell on it long enough.

Hope all goes well with the retirement.....I'm just surprised the UK hasn't said you have too much room in your house, too much money to play with and too much time before you get off your earned benefits/retirement plan. As you well know, there are plenty of poor "immigrant muSLUMs" who could use at least half of everything that you don't need.

Take care in libby land, my friend.
    NEVER MESS WITH AN
    IRISH/SCOTT/ITALIAN CHEROKEE!

"A wise man is at the right hand but a fool is at the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2
    "The fool hath said in his heart, there is no God" Psalms 53:1

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I was in Mississippi ONCE!
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts. Bertrand Russell

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sundaydriver View Post
    I was in Mississippi ONCE!
    Mississippi is a nice place. I don't think I've ever been to a place I couldn't appreciate. Except maybe West Texas. It's the people, not the place that ruin it.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    I am constantly perplexed by Eurodunces who celebrate their incredible lack of liberties, choices and Government dependency.
    It's all down to indoctrination. In the UK, we've had interference from Leftie Governments and Leftie pressure groups for a number of GENERATIONS. Added to which we have no equivalent of your Constitution to protect basic rights.

If you'd had terms of Obama-equivalents ruling you, on and off, for the better part of a century .. you might then have had a better chance of appreciating how the Left get away with so much, here, today. People are firmly brainwashed into believing that gun ownership is not only fundamentally wrong, but that to permit it is an uncivilising state of affairs. Obama's speeches on gun control always receive approval here, and he's seen as a reforming influence on America for the better because of it !!!
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

13. Thanks Perianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

It's all down to indoctrination. In the UK, we've had interference from Leftie Governments and Leftie pressure groups for a number of GENERATIONS. Added to which we have no equivalent of your Constitution to protect basic rights.

If you'd had terms of Obama-equivalents ruling you, on and off, for the better part of a century .. you might then have had a better chance of appreciating how the Left get away with so much, here, today. People are firmly brainwashed into believing that gun ownership is not only fundamentally wrong, but that to permit it is an uncivilising state of affairs. Obama's speeches on gun control always receive approval here, and he's seen as a reforming influence on America for the better because of it !!!
    Yes you do. Our Constitution is based on the Magna Carta. It just got tailored to suit our interests. Otherwise, guess where we all came from? My ancestry is Scot and English.

As someone else posted above, the 2nd Amendment exists DIRECTLY because of Redcoats. That is actually true. Back then, us rednecks weren't taking any crap. The actual fact is while the Northerners try to tell you they did something, it was the Southerners that kicked ass. Washington and his Continental Army got their asses kicked all over the place. They didn't win a battle until (believe it or not) the French intervened. Been paying for THAT for 200 years.

In the South a certain arrogant ass named Ferguson (who was quite brilliant) tried on a bunch of Georgia rednecks and got his ass whipped. In South Carolina there was the Swamp Fox, Francis Marion. Ain't none of us rednecks playing games with wimps. We don't need guns, but if you bring one to the table, we got to ante up. Tarelton was a butcher and should have been hanged slowly.

That "confederate battle flag"? Saint Andrews Cross on a red field and was originally a British naval standard. It never represented the Confederate States of America except as a battle standard. The "stars n bars" was the official CSA flag.

But it's just something else for the left to deflect away from the truth with, isn't it?
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

It is already well entrenched here. Some people who call themselves conservatives don't even see it in themselves.