Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Man’s Leg Bursts Open Following Flesh-Eating Spider Bite

See, my paranoia is for good reason!!!

---

WASHINGTON (CBSDC) — A man’s leg burst open after he was bitten by a venomous spider, requiring three operations and a skin graft.

Jonathan Hogg says his leg “resembled something from a horror film” after a brown spider attacked him, as reported by Sky News. Doctors say the venom began eating away at the 40-year-old’s flesh within hours and that he could have lost his leg if it was left untreated.

“The pain was like nothing I’ve been through in my life. By the time I got to hospital my leg was bursting open, there was pus, it was black,” Hogg told Sky News.

Hogg believes the bite happened while he was traveling from Doha to South Africa on a Qatar Airways flight. He is taking legal action against the airline claiming it has refused to take responsibility for the incident. Qatar Airways offers several international destinations from major cities like New York, Boston, and Washington.

“I was struggling to get comfortable during the journey and crossed my legs to get into a better position when I felt a small, sharp pain radiating in my left leg,” Hogg told Sky News. “I turned on the light and clearly saw a spider running across the floor before hearing two stewardesses screaming ‘Spider’, but I wasn’t sure if I had been bitten as it really wasn’t painful.”

A spokesperson for the airline released the following statement saying, “The only known interaction between the airline and Mr. Hogg regarding this incident, which he claims happened on a Qatar Airways aircraft in June, was via our website a week after his travel was complete. No report was filled with any staff on board regarding this incident.”

The airline says it has not been advised on any legal proceedings regarding the incident, and that they cannot comment further until investigating the claim.

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2015/...g-spider-bite/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks Gunny, LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    See, my paranoia is for good reason!!!

---

WASHINGTON (CBSDC) — A man’s leg burst open after he was bitten by a venomous spider, requiring three operations and a skin graft.

Jonathan Hogg says his leg “resembled something from a horror film” after a brown spider attacked him, as reported by Sky News. Doctors say the venom began eating away at the 40-year-old’s flesh within hours and that he could have lost his leg if it was left untreated.

“The pain was like nothing I’ve been through in my life. By the time I got to hospital my leg was bursting open, there was pus, it was black,” Hogg told Sky News.

Hogg believes the bite happened while he was traveling from Doha to South Africa on a Qatar Airways flight. He is taking legal action against the airline claiming it has refused to take responsibility for the incident. Qatar Airways offers several international destinations from major cities like New York, Boston, and Washington.

“I was struggling to get comfortable during the journey and crossed my legs to get into a better position when I felt a small, sharp pain radiating in my left leg,” Hogg told Sky News. “I turned on the light and clearly saw a spider running across the floor before hearing two stewardesses screaming ‘Spider’, but I wasn’t sure if I had been bitten as it really wasn’t painful.”

A spokesperson for the airline released the following statement saying, “The only known interaction between the airline and Mr. Hogg regarding this incident, which he claims happened on a Qatar Airways aircraft in June, was via our website a week after his travel was complete. No report was filled with any staff on board regarding this incident.”

The airline says it has not been advised on any legal proceedings regarding the incident, and that they cannot comment further until investigating the claim.

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2015/...g-spider-bite/
    Wimp.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Wimp.
    Maybe so, maybe so - but I bet my leg feels better than this guys leg!!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

5. Thanks Gunny, LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Jim, where are you, Jim?

After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

7. Thanks Bilgerat, LongTermGuy, Motown, jimnyc thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

9. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Default was it this spider?

11. Thanks Gunny, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Motown thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WiccanLiberal View Post
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Attached Images Attached Images
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

14. Thanks Gunny, LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    You KNOW all the arachnaphobes are going to hate us by morning.

Well, except Jim. He seems to be in touch with his phobia gainst everything, to include lives of people he doesn't like.

16. Thanks NightTrain thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

​Madness

18. Thanks NightTrain, jimnyc, Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

If we all try hard enough, we'll either cure Jim of his spider phobia.. or send him to the nuthouse.

20. Thanks Motown, LongTermGuy, Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

A few years back I was sitting on the couch watching a news program and I happened to look up at the corner of the ceiling where it meets the wall and saw something that I didn't think belonged there. I got a flashlight and took a closer look and found a small web about one inch long. A spider had woven itself into a small spot, probably to deliver some baby spiders. I got my can of RAID and gave it a squirt. The spider came out of there and dropped to the carpet and came right after me. I gave it another squirt and it went into a fancy dance, then curled up and died right there on the carpet.

I use the RAID on things I don't want in my place. I don't like spiders in my place, especially at night when I'm sleeping...

22. Thanks LongTermGuy, NightTrain, Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

I'll bet $5 that I'm the only guy that has a wife like mine.

Last night I was standing on a chair in our bedroom, taking the smoke alarm off the ceiling to change the battery. As it came apart, a little spider came hauling ass down a web, repelling.

Sharon was standing right there, and gave the typical "Awwww!" like any other woman would say when seeing a fluffy kitten doing something cute. I grabbed the silk and lowered the spider onto her hand and she took him outside and released him.

In my experience, any other woman and at least 30% of men would have squeaked in terror and fled the room upon seeing that spider... abandoning me to my fate, standing on a chair face-to-face with it.

Spiders eat bugs, so as long as they're not a Brown Recluse or some big hairy monstrosity, I'm generally good with them... but since my wife loves the little critters, I usually let her handle them.

24. Thanks Perianne, Abbey Marie, Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    You KNOW all the arachnaphobes are going to hate us by morning.

Well, except Jim. He seems to be in touch with his phobia gainst everything, to include lives of people he doesn't like.
    I have no issue in admitting my fear of certain things, especially these little fuckers. And, of course, my phobia of stupid people too!

26. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by indago View Post
    A few years back I was sitting on the couch watching a news program and I happened to look up at the corner of the ceiling where it meets the wall and saw something that I didn't think belonged there. I got a flashlight and took a closer look and found a small web about one inch long. A spider had woven itself into a small spot, probably to deliver some baby spiders. I got my can of RAID and gave it a squirt. The spider came out of there and dropped to the carpet and came right after me. I gave it another squirt and it went into a fancy dance, then curled up and died right there on the carpet.

I use the RAID on things I don't want in my place. I don't like spiders in my place, especially at night when I'm sleeping...

See that though, damn little spider was ready to go to war with you if need be!!