Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Vegan protesters storm steakhouse, shout at customers

Eat and let eat. Pretty dumb, IMO, to go into a steakhouse and pull shit like this. But at least we get some humor value out of it thanks to whoever the dummy was ranting this stuff. I would have tossed her within 5 seconds for being brain dead.

---

A group of vegans thought they would further their cause by storming a Toronto steakhouse, peppering a hostess with questions and shouting at customers.

Instead, even those on the left are ridiculing their tactics.

Several protesters from a group identified as “Direct Action Everywhere Toronto” by the Huffington Post entered The Keg Mansion steakhouse in Toronto, Canada. Video shows the lead agitator perusing a menu near the entrance of the restaurant.

“So, I’m just wondering, I don’t see any dog meat here,” the protester said to the hostess trying to wait on restaurant patrons. The hostess stood stone-faced, either unamused or not understanding how this would could be so stupid.

“That’s the latest thing. I thought this was a meat restaurant,” the agitator said.

“It’s steak,” the hostess replied.

“It’s steak, but steak is made out of cows. And I see you have chicken which is obviously chicken. And I see you’ve got pigs here but you don’t have dogs here. So I’m wondering why you don’t have dog.”

The hostess shrugged her shoulders, probably wishing she called in sick this night so she didn’t have to deal with this moronic protester.

The woman handed back the menu and said, “Where’s the dog meat? I mean, you’ve got the other meats, I don’t understand it. Are you ever going to have dog meat here? Why not? I want to know!”

In the words of one Reddit user, the “group of assholes” then went to the center of the restaurant and began shouting at the confused customers.

The woman proceeded to rant about Cecil the Lion, a chicken the woman knew “who had a unique personality” (let that sink in for a moment) that likes “corn, watermelon and hugs,” while her comrades walked around with printed signs reading, “It’s not food. It’s violence.”

In between snickers and smirks, the customers appeared to be unmoved by the protesters’ tactics.

Jenny McQueen, one of the protest organizers, tells Vice.com: “We’re trying to cause a little disruption in society. Society normalizes violence against animals, unknowingly a lot of the time. People eat meat, buy meat from the supermarket. They don’t realize what they’re eating or what they’re buying was a thinking and feeling animal. You know, pigs feel pain just like cats and dogs.”

http://www.theamericanmirror.com/vid...-at-customers/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks revelarts, NightTrain thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

idiots

they don't like meat don't eat it.

I feel the same way about broccoli

4. Thanks jimnyc, Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Eat and let eat. Pretty dumb, IMO, to go into a steakhouse and pull shit like this. But at least we get some humor value out of it thanks to whoever the dummy was ranting this stuff. I would have tossed her within 5 seconds for being brain dead.

---
    It never ceases to amaze me how brain-dead stupid some people can be.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

6. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
    It never ceases to amaze me how brain-dead stupid some people can be.
    They need jobs. THAT is the problem.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Jenny McQueen, one of the protest organizers, tells Vice.com: “We’re trying to cause a little disruption in society. Society normalizes violence against animals, unknowingly a lot of the time. People eat meat, buy meat from the supermarket. They don’t realize what they’re eating or what they’re buying was a thinking and feeling animal. You know, pigs feel pain just like cats and dogs.”
    They should go into the wild and have a talk with these lions...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Maybe I could offer them some Foie Gras: VERY popular in Montreal and Toronto. Gavage is used to produce the bloated, fluffy liver.

Experienced Social Distancer ... waaaay before COVID.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Shouting at people will lead nowhere, constructive conversation is the path forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigg View Post
    they don't like meat don't eat it.
    It not so much about 'not liking meat' as 'not liking the violence caused to make meat'
    If you read your statement as 'they don't like abusing animals, then don't abuse animals' you see were these types of statements (don't like x don't do x) fail in relation to veganism.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

11. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    Shouting at people will lead nowhere, constructive conversation is the path forward.
    Fwiw, towards yourself and Abbey - this thread wasn't meant as a sign of disrespect. I know that normal vegans don't hold themselves up to others like this. This is definitely a rare situation of a nutball, which is why I posted it. Don't want anyone to think I was going after vegans or veggies.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

13. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Fwiw, towards yourself and Abbey - this thread wasn't meant as a sign of disrespect. I know that normal vegans don't hold themselves up to others like this. This is definitely a rare situation of a nutball, which is why I posted it. Don't want anyone to think I was going after vegans or veggies.
    Over the decades, I thought most vegans were like those described in the OP.
    Experienced Social Distancer ... waaaay before COVID.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tailfins View Post
    Nah, I've actually found most to be quiet about it and reserved. I don't think I've ever had a single person try to "convert" me to their way of eating. Sure, maybe some discussions here and other places, but that's about it.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tailfins View Post
    You're happy to post videos of animals being subject to grotesquely savage practices, and then mope about your perception of vegans. Good job.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

17. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

here's a cross reference thought experiment.

Let's say there's are 99% vegan and vegetarian restaurants in a small progressive town.
    There are some restaurant workers that are committed hard core idealogical vegans or vegetarians themselves but most that work around town just lean that way but don't have a problem with those that eat meat.

OK SO one day all the vegan restaurant owners in town decide to add meat to their menus.
    Not a lot and not anything "unnatural" just 2 items. A 100% grass fed free range chicken and local wild turkey.
    All cook separately from the veggies of course.

So the HARD CORE vegans that work there are SHOCKED and APPALLED but they are great employees and cooks. Some have been working for decades. and of course need the jobs and don't have a problem with 98% of the menu. But one day 2 or 3 refuse to serve the meat to some meat eating customers. They'll serve whatever else the meat eaters want just not the meat.

what should the restaurant owner do?
    Should she accommodate the HARD CORE vegan and let others serve the meat eaters?
    Should they fire the the HARD CORE vegan because he's not doing the NEW job he's required to do now?
    Should the meat eaters SUE the HARD CORE vegan for emotional distress and discrimination?
    Should the city Jail and fine the HARD CORE vegan for breaking the laws against discriminating against meat eaters?
    Last edited by revelarts; 10-03-2015 at 09:59 AM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    here's a cross reference thought experiment.

Let's say there's are 99% vegan and vegetarian restaurants in a small progressive town.
    There are some restaurant workers that are committed hard core idealogical vegans or vegetarians themselves but most that work around town just lean that way but don't have a problem with those that eat meat.

OK SO one day all the vegan restaurant owners in town decide to add meat to their menus.
    Not a lot and not anything "unnatural" just 2 items. A 100% grass fed free range chicken and local wild turkey.
    All cook separately from the veggies of course.

So the HARD CORE vegans that work there are SHOCKED and APPALLED but they are great employees and cooks. Some have been working for decades. and of course need the jobs and don't have a problem with 98% of the menu. But one day 2 or 3 refuse to serve the meat to some meat eating customers. They'll serve whatever else the meat eaters want just not the meat.

what should the restaurant owner do?
    Should he accommodate the HARD CORE vegan and let others serve the meat eaters?
    Should they fire the the HARD CORE vegan because he's not doing the NEW job he's required to do now?
    Should the meat eaters SUE the HARD CORE vegan for emotional distress and discrimination?
    Should the city Jail and fine the HARD CORE vegan for breaking the laws against discriminating against meat eaters?
    The owner of the private business can do whatever they please, at their discretion.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

The owner of the private business can do whatever they please, at their discretion.
    Except refuse to bake a cake for a gay couple.

21. Thanks Trigg, revelarts, Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

great reply.
    fine that's great in a free city.
    so lets add another wrinkle.
    the reason all the restaurants in the town changed there menus because meat eaters and there friends had the local laws changed so every restaurants HAD to serve meat.. or "meat eaters".
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16