Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    The Supreme Court is going to eventually review the status and interpretation of the second amendment. Test cases are already being prepared for such.
    The Washington Post hosted a guest editorial about the second amendment could be re-interpreted in a more correct matter.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...l?tid=pm_pop_b

Stevens is an idiot who has allowed his left-wing politics to pollute and pervert his understanding and application of the Constitution.

The right to arms does not flow from the 2nd Amendment. Altering the words of the Amendment (or adding some as Stevens suggests or even "deleting" it entirely from the Constitution as you suggest) would have zero effect on the right to arms of the citizen.

Stevens' history is wrong; he cites a line of 2nd Amendment interpretation that was inserted in the federal courts in 1942. The Supreme Court has never endorsed any "interpretation" of the 2nd Amendment that aligns with his fantasies. Heller did not disturb any SCOTUS precedent . . . All Heller did was slap lower federal courts back into the constitutional fold, invalidating the "militia right" and "state's right" travesties of U.S. v. Tot, 131 F.2d 261 (3 rd Cir. 1942) and Cases v. U.S, 131 F.2d 916 (1 st Cir. 1942).

For the 2nd Amendment to undergo the revision he and you hope for would demand a reworking of the entire application of rights theory. Such a rework would place the left's favorite "right to privacy" (Griswold) and the derivative protections for abortion (Roe) into question . . . Their treatment of the 2nd Amendment contradicts the Court's reasoning for the recognition and protection of penumbral rights -- that the specific guarantees of the Bill of Rights (including the 2nd Amendment / RTKBA) have penumbras "formed by emanations from those guarantees that help give them life and sub-stance," and that the right to privacy exists within this area.

Be careful what you wish for!

Stevens' position and proposals demonstrates how backwards liberal thought process is on the Constitution, how shallow their claimed respect for constitutional rights actually is and how they are willing to abandon the reasoning that is the foundation of modern leftist rights models.

It would be comical if it weren't so dangerous.

You can not truly call yourself “peaceful” unless you are capable of great violence.
    If you are incapable of violence, you are not peaceful, you are just harmless.

2. Thanks Motown, Gunny, darin thanked this post
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Civil War is what Gabs desires. She desires millions of deaths.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    She'll make a post looking for gun advice, and claim to own one - and then talk shit like this. Think about it, what do YOU think her goal is in making such a post?
    Funny, I've noticed the same thing. I've toyed with the idea of quoting her many statements saying how she's got guns and isn't afraid of using them, and then a few days later creates threads saying what a great thing it will be when the Democrats finally do take everyone's guns away. I'm no shrink but it screams multiple personality disorder, or more likely, her penchant for trolling.

I expect her 180 degree positions entirely depend on whether she's in Jekyll or Hyde mode at that moment. I'd probably end up eating a bullet if I had to live with someone like that for more than a month or 2.

To troll, or not to troll.... let's flip a coin.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

5. Thanks Gunny, darin, CSM, Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

I look forward to major revisions to the second amendment. I promise that it will happen during the next Dem administration.
    There will be more restrictions on gun shows and shops then there are on abortion clinics.
    Yes imagine that, y'all would rather attack a harmless piece of metal than even care about babies being murdered, hell not even murdered but mutilated. Man that sure is something to be proud of, caring more about a piece of metal than a human life.

This when all the facts are in, the cities with the strictest gun laws also have the highest crime rate, criminals don't follow the law, heck I know you know all these things, but hey the black lord speaks, so, so does his brain dead followers.
    Never look down on someone unless you are helping them up

7. Thanks Bilgerat thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

The Supreme Court is going to eventually review the status and interpretation of the second amendment. Test cases are already being prepared for such.
    The Washington Post hosted a guest editorial about the second amendment could be re-interpreted in a more correct matter.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...l?tid=pm_pop_b
    Many of the "rights" in the Soviet constitution were prefaced "except as provided by law". Most of us know the results of those five extra words.
    Experienced Social Distancer ... waaaay before COVID.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Yes imagine that, y'all would rather attack a harmless piece of metal than even care about babies being murdered, hell not even murdered but mutilated. Man that sure is something to be proud of, caring more about a piece of metal than a human life.

This when all the facts are in, the cities with the strictest gun laws also have the highest crime rate, criminals don't follow the law, heck I know you know all these things, but hey the black lord speaks, so, so does his brain dead followers.

I am aware of the fact I use a great many pictures during these threads. However, they just seem to fit in, so I send them.

Like this one, while I agree it has nothing to do with gun control (or grabbing and destruction of the US Constitution) it just fits Gabby's persona.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Every day I beat my previous record of consecutive days I've stayed alive.

10. Thanks Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Stilton Jarlsberg? Someone is a Monty Python fan.

12. Thanks Bilgerat thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nukeman View Post
    So Gab's which rights (Amendments) are you OK changing?? You realize that when you open that box there is NO going back.. If you want to change the Second why not the First, Third, or Fourth for that matter?? I may find that stupid people should not be allowed to voice their opinion, should we make the First dependent upon an IQ test? Should only those groups I believe in be allowed to demonstrate?

This is the problem with people making "opinions" on our Constitution it is not open to OPINIONS it is black and white, no grey area's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Libs have no fear of Pandora's box- as they'd just shoot Pandora, confiscate the damn box to fill with dead conservative bodies!
    We are dealing with insane people that live in a liberal induced coma. And try to remake our real world to fit their damn insanity.
    Problem is--they are not ridiculed and relegated to none governmental posts etc..
    Nothing but a coming civil war will ever fix this now-- the STINKING LIB/LEFTIST ROT has went in too damN deep IMHO.-TYR
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Here are five words they can add that will "fix" the 2nd: "ALL CITIZENS MUST OWN FIREARMS."
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

15. Thanks Bilgerat, NightTrain, Motown thanked this post