Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default South Carolina, Charleston area - hjmick

Crap, I forgot to ask, how did you fare through all of this so far? They say it's a "once in a 1,000 years rain" - so that sounds like a lot!!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Crap, I forgot to ask, how did you fare through all of this so far? They say it's a "once in a 1,000 years rain" - so that sounds like a lot!!
    I'm trying to figure out why they're calling it all that. The place is a swamp to begin with.

They aren't faring well from what I've seen. Some places have over 24" of rain. Lots of people without power. Hope everyone's okay.

Guarantee you though there will be morons thinking they can drive through low water crossings.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

3. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

In my small corner of the area, we got almost 21" since October 1st. There was a lot of flooding in some areas, not in mine. Drove to work this morning without trouble. The rain has stopped for now, looks like we're in for a few sunny days, a chance to dry out. Best part was Saturday, drove to Costco... First time I was in a Costco when there were more employees than customers...

Some places truly did get hit hard, especially up in Columbia.
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll