Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Why We're Still Debating Guns In 2015

I found this on the CNN site. I'm not posting any quotes from this just because of the way this article is put together, CNN took 11 different op-ed pieces about guns and linked to all of them in this article. Out of the 11 only one of them is anti-gun control.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/01/opinions/opinion-roundup-gun-control-2015/index.html

What I found interesting about this was the lack of suggestions about how to handle what they see as a problem in our society. There were some suggestions and a couple of them actually weren't bad ideas but I'm used to seeing the media, the mainstream media, being on message all the time but when it comes to guns they either don't have any idea what they'd like to see done or are just afraid to say what they really think should be done.

Anyway, I thought this was interesting so I thought I'd share it with all of you.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

The problem is:

We don't have an agency that has a time machine that can be used so that someone can read news headlines about a mass shooting, and then go back in time and take the perp out before it happens.

3. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by indago View Post
    The problem is:

We don't have an agency that has a time machine that can be used so that someone can read news headlines about a mass shooting, and then go back in time and take the perp out before it happens.
    That's about right.

But look what the left does. They sit around thinking cops will protect them when all they rally do is respond and pronounce you dead. If you family's lucky, the might might figure out who did it. You're still dead either way.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

5. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Think I need a new keyboard. This one sucks and I can hardly see it. I also hate this correcting my shit crap. Worse on the phone. You used to could turn it off. Words being duplicated or just added ... screw that crap. How lazy and stupid are we that we think a machine has to finish our damned sentences?
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Think I need a new keyboard. This one sucks and I can hardly see it. I also hate this correcting my shit crap. Worse on the phone. You used to could turn it off. Words being duplicated or just added ... screw that crap. How lazy and stupid are we that we think a machine has to finish our damned sentences?
    I thought those words meant the same thing. Is there a difference between the two?