Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default The End Of The Green Service Uniform

The Army finally got rid of the pickle suit, It'd been around since the early '50's and I'm surprised it took this long to get rid of it, I didn't know anyone who liked wearing these. They were uncomfortable and hot.

http://www.armytimes.com/story/milit...2015/73142376/

The green service uniform has finally been laid to rest after 61 years of approved wear, the vast majority of that stretch as the service uniform that defined the Army.
    As of Oct. 1, the "Green Class As" are no longer permitted for wear.

Too late to effect me but at least they finally did the right thing, now all they have to do is get rid of the berets.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Motown View Post
    The Army finally got rid of the pickle suit, It'd been around since the early '50's and I'm surprised it took this long to get rid of it, I didn't know anyone who liked wearing these. They were uncomfortable and hot.

http://www.armytimes.com/story/milit...2015/73142376/

Too late to effect me but at least they finally did the right thing, now all they have to do is get rid of the berets.
    Crap, they don't even have camouflaged utilities I understand anymore. I'd have to be refitted like a battleship.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Crap, they don't even have camouflaged utilities I understand anymore. I'd have to be refitted like a battleship.
    Yeah, they got rid of the BDUs about 10 years ago. Now they have that weird digital pixelated pattern.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Motown View Post
    Yeah, they got rid of the BDUs about 10 years ago. Now they have that weird digital pixelated pattern.
    Sound like an Army dog. The Corps went to that digital stuff around 2001. I felt ripped off and left out since I retired in 2000. They got more crap I never saw since then it's pathetic. SHit, I wish I'd had those comfy boots they wear instead of that hand-me-down Vietnam crap.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke