Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    372 Post(s)

I need a new f-ing keyboard. I can type and and I can spell. My posts lately have been f-ing jacked up.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    And if the Bulls did it first, how come that doesn't STILL make ESPN highlights?
    Because the league doesn't want the Bulls or Jordan to look bad, even today. ESPN is a bunch of toadies. Isiah Thomas and Michael Jordan did not like each other and there was a lot of bad blood and classless acts from both teams between the Pistons and the Bulls for 2 or 3 years before the end of the Bad Boy era.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    372 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Motown View Post
    I asked BD to deny it, not you but I'll laugh at you anyway.

Yeah, the Celts were dirty. You think Laimbeer and Mahorn were bad? Well, they were but the whole reason the Bad Boys were put together was to deal with the Celtics.
    I thought it was to deal with the Bulls and Bucks (who had a team at the time). Everything is relative though except you got Laimbeer and Mahorn that to this day brag about their crap. If I hit someone with an elbow it wasn't on purpose. Don't jump in when I pivot.

The dirtiest guy the Celtics ever had was Dennis What-His-Name from Seattle.

The Pistons were built around we can't win playing ball so we'll just cheat. Maybe they should have got some actual ball players instead of WWF wrestlers.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I thought it was to deal with the Bulls and Bucks (who had a team at the time). Everything is relative though except you got Laimbeer and Mahorn that to this day brag about their crap. If I hit someone with an elbow it wasn't on purpose. Don't jump in when I pivot.

The dirtiest guy the Celtics ever had was Dennis What-His-Name from Seattle.

The Pistons were built around we can't win playing ball so we'll just cheat. Maybe they should have got some actual ball players instead of WWF wrestlers.
    The Bulls weren't even on the league radar when the Bad Boys were put together, they were built to take on the Celtics. The Bucks were alright but the Celtics were the ones abusing the Pistons. And the Pistons didn't cheat, if they had been cheating then the league wouldn't have needed to make any rules changes because of the Pistons.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    372 Post(s)

The Bulls weren't even on the league radar when the Bad Boys were put together, they were built to take on the Celtics. The Bucks were alright but the Celtics were the ones abusing the Pistons. And the Pistons didn't cheat, if they had been cheating then the league wouldn't have needed to make any rules changes because of the Pistons.
    Did you look at what you just posted?

Let's rephrase: if the Pistons weren't cheating, the league wouldn't have needed to change any rules.

The Bulls WERE on the radar. What they needed was a coach that could put together a TEAM. They were letting Michael Jordan carry them. Phil Jackson had to step in and put a team around him. Collins just wasn't doing it. Once Jackson came in, the Pistons were done.

BUT, the Pistons were dirty and both Mahorn and Laimbeer brag about it on ESPN. When it's coming from the horses' mouths .....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Did you look at what you just posted?

Let's rephrase: if the Pistons weren't cheating, the league wouldn't have needed to change any rules.

The Bulls WERE on the radar. What they needed was a coach that could put together a TEAM. They were letting Michael Jordan carry them. Phil Jackson had to step in and put a team around him. Collins just wasn't doing it. Once Jackson came in, the Pistons were done.

BUT, the Pistons were dirty and both Mahorn and Laimbeer brag about it on ESPN. When it's coming from the horses' mouths .....
    Collins wasn't doing it so the Bulls weren't on the radar. If the rules were changed to hamper the Pistons then the Pistons were following the rules. If they were cheating they would have just always been called for fouls, no need to change the rules. Mahorn and Laimbeer had a job to do and they were good at it, I'm not denying that.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Collins wasn't doing it so the Bulls weren't on the radar. If the rules were changed to hamper the Pistons then the Pistons were following the rules. If they were cheating they would have just always been called for fouls, no need to change the rules. Mahorn and Laimbeer had a job to do and they were good at it, I'm not denying that.
    Jordan put them on the radar with the shot over ehlo and beating the knicks on the road. They made the conference finals against Detroit. And Detroit's first championship against the Lakers with no magic and no byron? Not that impressive.

8. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    Jordan put them on the radar with the shot over ehlo and beating the knicks on the road. They made the conference finals against Detroit. And Detroit's first championship against the Lakers with no magic and no byron? Not that impressive.
    When did Jordan hit that shot? 1988 or 89? The Bad Boys were around before that. The Bulls were nothing when that team was built, it was all about the Celtics. And Jordan is a little bitch

Seriously, I'd really like to know exactly why he walked away from basketball for two years so he could play minor-league baseball.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

When did Jordan hit that shot? 1988 or 89? The Bad Boys were around before that. The Bulls were nothing when that team was built, it was all about the Celtics. And Jordan is a little bitch

Seriously, I'd really like to know exactly why he walked away from basketball for two years so he could play minor-league baseball.
    1989 and retiring was the stupidest thing he ever did

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    372 Post(s)

Disagree. A team earns a certain reputation the NBA lets them get away with a LOT of crap. NFL is the same.

You call it job. When did it quit being a game? I'd knock out Laimbeer in a second. Lot of mouth and no ass. Mahorn would be next. I'd "accidentally trip" and clip his ass. They got away with dirty crap no one else did.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    372 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    You mean because they hurt both Byron and Magic?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    372 Post(s)

Incorrect. The Pistons had to play the Bulls in the playoff.

I can give you a sight into the mentality, not Michael Jordan himself. He had already proved everything he needed to. I'm surprised he went back. I feel the same laughing at some pissant that wants to fight. Or some people on message boards that want to tell me what the rules are.

He came to win.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Incorrect. The Pistons had to play the Bulls in the playoff.

I can give you a sight into the mentality, not Michael Jordan himself. He had already proved everything he needed to. I'm surprised he went back. I feel the same laughing at some pissant that wants to fight. Or some people on message boards that want to tell me what the rules are.

He came to win.
    Boston won the Eastern Conference in 84, 85, 86, and 87. During that time Chicago never got out of the First Round and didn't even qualify for the playoffs in 84. In 88 the Pistons beat the Celtics in the Conference Finals. Boston was the dominant team before the Pistons and the Pistons were built to beat Boston specifically. No one gave a crap about the Bulls until about 88 or 89.
    Last edited by Motown; 10-12-2015 at 04:56 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    372 Post(s)

Boston won the Eastern Conference in 84, 85, 86, and 87. During that time Chicago never got out of the First Round and didn't even qualify for the playoffs in 84. In 88 the Pistons beat the Celtics in the Conference Finals. Boston was the dominant team before the Pistons and the Pistons were built to beat Boston specifically. No one gave a crap about the Bulls until about 88 or 89.
    Sure got a lot of airtime on MY tv. I have more the thought they were built to beat the Lakers and they DID manage THAT. Took out Magic and Byron as quick as they could. Beating a team and beating up a team are 2 different things.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sure got a lot of airtime on MY tv. I have more the thought they were built to beat the Lakers and they DID manage THAT. Took out Magic and Byron as quick as they could. Beating a team and beating up a team are 2 different things.
    Hey man, some of us like quality team basketball and some us waste our time watching a crybaby because he sells sneakers.

I like the smilies here, there are some funny ones.

I have to admit that Scott and Magic pulling their hamstrings was a lucky break for the Pistons. The Lakers fast break was pretty impressive.

17. Thanks Gunny thanked this post