Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Clip from Homeland

This is a TV show, yes, but this small clip couldn't be more true. This is Peter, a CIA operative reporting back to the big wigs on his work in Syria. They want to know if the program works, of the strategy works over there. Then Peter explains to them about the Muslim strategy...

“You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks darin, LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

A friend of mine says this show has been prophetic...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    A friend of mine says this show has been prophetic...
    I love this show. It's changed scenery from season 1 to now just starting season 5. But it almost all revolves around the CIA and various adventures throughout the world. I'm curious where the story goes now as it's about to highlight Syria, I think.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    This is a TV show, yes, but this small clip couldn't be more true. This is Peter, a CIA operative reporting back to the big wigs on his work in Syria. They want to know if the program works, of the strategy works over there. Then Peter explains to them about the Muslim strategy...

The video isn't playing (copyright issues). Do you know which episode/season it was?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DLT View Post
    The video isn't playing (copyright issues). Do you know which episode/season it was?
    That's odd, still playing for me, even after refreshing and going to the site too. Not surprising though, can't even use 40 seconds for purposes of discussion?

Anyway, it was the only episode so far this year, season 5 episode 1

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Separa...%28Homeland%29

7. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Oh well, I guess I can see it myself but not others. I just got this email, and FOX was the one it appears? Oh well.

Due to a copyright claim, your YouTube video has been blocked. This means that your video can no longer be played on YouTube, and you may have lost access to some features of YouTube.
    Video title: Clip
    Includes: Audiovisual content
    Claimed by: FOX

9. Thanks LongTermGuy, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

For others, the point of the video was that this field operative - he told them that the Muslim extremist strategy is clear, that for them this is the "end times" and that their goal is to die for the caliphate and usher in a new world without infidels.

11. Thanks fj1200, LongTermGuy, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Also, you sure the guy's name is Peter? I looked in IMDB and the only character named Peter in that TV series is this guy (not the same actor).

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1670029/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t3

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1796960/...=tt_cl_sm#cast

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Also, you sure the guy's name is Peter? I looked in IMDB and the only character named Peter in that TV series is this guy (not the same actor).

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1670029/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t3

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1796960/...=tt_cl_sm#cast
    Yup, that's him. Peter's been a big part of the entire series. He was also an 'almost' love interest of the main character, Carrie. That was him giving the speech here, and you see Many Patinkin in the scene, who plays Saul.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

That's odd, still playing for me, even after refreshing and going to the site too. Not surprising though, can't even use 40 seconds for purposes of discussion?

Anyway, it was the only episode so far this year, season 5 episode 1

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Separa...%28Homeland%29
    Ok thanks. I'll see if I can find the episode somewhere else.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yup, that's him. Peter's been a big part of the entire series. He was also an 'almost' love interest of the main character, Carrie. That was him giving the speech here, and you see Many Patinkin in the scene, who plays Saul.
    Ok, but it didn't look like the guy showing in the youtube vid you posted (that wouldn't play for me). The actor that plays Quinn looks a lot younger. Nevertheless, I'll try to find the episode in question.

Thanks again.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

For others, the point of the video was that this field operative - he told them that the Muslim extremist strategy is clear, that for them this is the "end times" and that their goal is to die for the caliphate and usher in a new world without infidels.
    Yeah, that sounds exactly like the Iranian meme currently. Let's hurry up and start Armageddon so we can greet the Caliphate and have our 72 Helen-Thomas-lookalike-virgins sooner, better than later. Boy are they in for a nasty surprise!

17. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Ok, but it didn't look like the guy showing in the youtube vid you posted (that wouldn't play for me). The actor that plays Quinn looks a lot younger. Nevertheless, I'll try to find the episode in question.

Thanks again.
    Maybe the picture is from an earlier season? He's a good actor, at least in Homeland. And it is weird, the town he reported back from was Raqqa, which is one of the places that Russia just bombed, I believe.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Thats reality too. Thats exactly what they believe and why they plan on destroying first the little Satan(Israel) and then next the big Satan(USA)..
    Our problem is rather than addressing this reality head on and with direct and serious efforts to destroy them we try to appease them!
    And even in some cases promote them! Its total insanity because they will not abandon that divine cause..
    They must be destroyed!!!! -Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

20. Thanks jimnyc thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Rush talked about this episode today and played the audio clip. He agrees that it exactly describes the real life current situation.

22. Thanks jimnyc, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post