Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    A theory where the vast majority of hundreds of thousands of bright scientists agree on is one I put my money on. The big bang theory is not just some random idea someone thought in their basement while smoking weed.
    I'l listen to a big group of scientist but I also want to see the pros and cons of the idea explained to me so i can make my best judgment. if a minority of scientist seem to make more sense based on the evidence I may side with the minority on ANY issue in science politics or whatever.
    the size of the group makes no difference in whether or not something is true or false.

reality and science are not determined by votes.

Your BB fail thread is full of myths and misconceptions.
    name ONE. and correct it please I'll admit to any real factual errors.
    but it seems your "science" is based on majority opinion of the day.

A simple google search debunks most of these.
    post ONE please. I'll admit to any real factual errors.
    and but remember a reply to the idea doesn't mean it's a good one.
    The answer itself has to be sound, and not ANOTHER hypothesis before it solidly refutes an observational point.

Most importantly I must stress this one final time. The big bang theory does NOT describe the trigger. It is a theory that describes the expansion and evolution of the universe. NOT it's moment of creation. I'm sick and tired of that coming up.
    um, I listed about 16+ points and only part of 1 point touches on "the trigger". Not sure why you feel the need to "stress" something that's not really addressed in the bulk of the reply.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

2. Thanks Gunny, Russ thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    There is ZERO evidence to prove scientific theory where the origin of life is concerned.
    Correct, the big bang does not attempt to explain the origin of life.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Correct, the big bang does not attempt to explain the origin of life.
    DO we have to run in circles? What it attempts to do is explain that something was created from nothing -- a violation of basic scientific law. You can't get past THAT.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    I'l listen to a big group of scientist but I also want to see the pros and cons of the idea explained to me so i can make my best judgment. if a minority of scientist seem to make more sense based on the evidence I may side with the minority

name ONE. and correct it please I'll admit to any real factual errors.
    but it seems your "science" is based on majority opinion of the day.

um, I listed about 16+ points and only part of 1 point touches on "the trigger". Not sure why you feel the need to "stress" something that's not really addressed in the bulk of the reply.

If the evidence points to a certain direction then that almost always becomes the majority, that is the power of science and my point entirely. Please don't think you can outwit hundreds of thousands of scientists that spend their entire lives working on this stuff.

I have better things to do on a saturday. You made the claims, you back them up. Google search them, it's not hard. Stop copying and pasting myths taken from other crackpots.

I'll give you the first two

Data does suggest that spiral galaxies will lose steam over time as they deplete their gas, however I can't find any information on how many years that actually is. Since our own sun has enough gas for billions of years I am guessing it's not surprising we haven't found any dead spiral galaxies yet.

Faintest galaxy from the early universe, 400 million years after the big bang
    http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...1203142416.htm

I do need to stress that fact because it's been brought up over and over in this thread. holy shit, gunny just brought it up again. you guys don't read shit

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

DO we have to run in circles? What it attempts to do is explain that something was created from nothing -- a violation of basic scientific law. You can't get past THAT.
    holy fuck dude, this is now the 5th time I have to say this. BIG BANG THEORY DOES NOT ATTEMPT TO EXPLAIN THE MOMENT OF CREATION. IT EXPLAINS THE EVOLUTION AND EXPANSION OF THE UNIVERSE.

This is just as bad as creationists and evolution. Evolution explains the process of how animals change, not how life started.

Why can't you understand this.
    Last edited by pete311; 12-06-2015 at 11:27 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

holy fuck dude, this is now the 5th time I have to say this. BIG BANG THEORY DOES NOT ATTEMPT TO EXPLAIN THE MOMENT OF CREATION. IT EXPLAINS THE EVOLUTION AND EXPANSION OF THE UNIVERSE.

This is just as bad as creationists and evolution. Evolution explains the process of how animals change, not how life started.

He understands it quite well , as do I... You are lying as it was created as a theory to explain as a catch-all, designed to refute/counter - the creation of the universe by God!
    And schools often taught it as fact , not theory!
    Just because you lied 5 times does not make your lie the truth.
    So these enlightened scientists are now 40 years later refuting the big bag theory-
    I did that in early 70's.
    Amazing how slow some so-called intelligent people are, huh? You for example, comes to mind.
    I could school you and make you look even more the fool but have not the precious time to spare.
    Best you will get is an occasionally slap from me... and you should thank that to be a blessing, as if I wanted to, I could destroy you with pointing out your ignorance, arrogance and conceit...
    I am now a bit kinder in my old age.... -Tyr
    Last edited by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot; 12-06-2015 at 11:56 AM.
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

8. Thanks Black Diamond, Russ, Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    He understands it quite well , as do I...
    No you guys don't. This is an elementary fact of the theory. You obviously have read zero material on the subject or you'd know this. Nothing about the theory attempts to explain the moment of creation. It does not exist in the theory.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

You are lying as it was created as a theory to explain as a catch-all, designed to refute/counter - the creation of the universe by God!
    You guys are so dense. Multiple times I've stated that I am fine with people thinking the universe was created by god. I have NEVER claimed otherwise. We don't know what caused the big bang. The big bang theory does not attempt to explain how it was caused. Understand now? Put god there, I don't care. BBT explains how the universe unfolded after the trigger which could have been caused by god. Get it now?
    Last edited by pete311; 12-06-2015 at 12:00 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Oh really? Then WHAT is it trying to explain? The moment of non-creation? The Big Bang theory explains NOTHING. And you're avoiding the topic for the 5th time. Scientific law states you cannot create something from nothing. A simple scientific fact you've avoided for the 6th time.

And you can't expand something that is infinite. So make up your damned mind. You're either a hypocrite, dumber'n shit, or lost in the sauce. Choose one. You want to be scientific? Use some science.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Oh really? Then WHAT is it trying to explain? The moment of non-creation? The Big Bang theory explains NOTHING. And you're avoiding the topic for the 5th time. Scientific law states you cannot create something from nothing. A simple scientific fact you've avoided for the 6th time.

And you can't expand something that is infinite. So make up your damned mind. You're either a hypocrite, dumber'n shit, or lost in the sauce. Choose one. You want to be scientific? Use some science.
    ok here is now the 6th time. The big bang explains the evolution of the universe, not it's creation. Put god at creation for all I care. The BBT explains what unfolded afterwards.
    Last edited by pete311; 12-06-2015 at 12:04 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

No you guys don't. This is an elementary fact of the theory. You obviously have read zero material on the subject or you'd know this. Nothing about the theory attempts to explain the moment of creation. It does not exist in the theory.
    Said as you refuse to admit why the theory was created, used and promoted in our education system!
    It was to be a scientific explanation stated God did not create the universe or mankind and was taught (and accepted)in that capacity for over 50+ years...
    Now that slow witted scientist finally caught up to us ,they are now -like you- trying to deny why it was created and how they used it!
    Laughable attempt that will only fool those that were dumb enough to have ever accepted it as fact in the first place IMHO.
    I SAW THROUGH IT AT AGE 15....
    I refuted it at around age 17....
    In fact, did so well that my science teacher himself a strong advocate of the correctness of big bang told me he no longer believed it!
    Yes, once in our schools we had teachers that learned and that teachers that were already great.
    Additionally we had students that debated with teachers, with no harsh words/disrespect but instead on a very intelligent level.
    I did so before age 18 when I went into my full rebel mode.. And found out that so much taught was just very clever lies used to gain and keep control.
    As is the case now- only even worse in public education-(full blown lib propaganda and idiocy)-TYR
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

14. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

It was to be a scientific explanation stated God did not create the universe or mankind and was taught (and accepted)in that capacity for over 50+ years...
    Here is now the 7th time. Can you guys read? The big bang does not attempt to explain it's cause. Put God there, I don't care. It explains the expansion and evolution after the trigger, which God may have started.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Here is now the 7th time. Can you guys read? The big bang does not attempt to explain it's cause. Put God there, I don't care. It explains the expansion and evolution after the trigger, which God may have started.
    Sure I can read. Can read what YOU are saying. The Big Bang Theory doesn't attempt to explain. Neither does Genesis 1:1. And for the 7th time, you are ignoring the elephant in the damned room. You can't create something from NOTHING. Have to have something in order to create a trigger, right?

And if you want to lay some Big Bang Theory on God? Just makes Him more perfect than I already thought He was.

So how about if YOU listen? So busy running your damned suck you can't hear a word and your argument gets more nonsensical with each post. You're at 7 times by your own admission, right?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Sure I can read. Can read what YOU are saying. The Big Bang Theory doesn't attempt to explain. Neither does Genesis 1:1. And for the 7th time, you are ignoring the elephant in the damned room. You can't create something from NOTHING. Have to have something in order to create a trigger, right?
    Something from nothing is about the trigger, not the expansion and evolution, the BBT does not address that. Get it? Put God there, I don't care. God is the trigger for the BB, happy now?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Something from nothing is about the trigger, not the expansion and evolution, the BBT does not address that. Get it? Put God there, I don't care. God is the trigger for the BB, happy now?
    Are you for real? You want to talk junk science and ignore scientific law. And, for the how ever many times, I AM addressing the junk of scientific theory. I can theorize I can f-ing fly but I ain't going to go jump off the roof to see if I can because it's BS and I have no wings.

19. Thanks Drummond thanked this post