Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Clinton wants all U.S. troops out of Iraq when Bush leaves office

What a BITCH..
    DAVENPORT, Iowa: U.S. presidential candidate Hillary Rodham Clinton said Sunday that U.S. President George W. Bush should withdraw all U.S. troops from Iraq before he leaves office, saying it would be "the height of irresponsibility" to pass the war along to the next commander in chief.

"This was his decision to go to war with an ill-conceived plan and an incompetently executed strategy," the Democratic senator said her in first presidential campaign tour through the early-voting state of Iowa.

"We expect him to extricate our country from this before he leaves office" in January 2009, the former first lady said.

The White House condemned Clinton's comments as a partisan attack that undermines U.S. soldiers.

About 130,000 American troops are in Iraq, and Bush has announced this month he was sending 21,500 more as part of his new war strategy.

"I am going to level with you, the president has said this is going to be left to his successor," Clinton said. "I think it is the height of irresponsibility and I really resent it."

Bush describes Iraq as the central front in the global fight against terrorism that began after the attacks of Sept. 11, 2001. "The war on terror will be a problem for the next president. Presidents after me will be confronting ... an enemy that would like to strike the United States again," he recently told USA Today newspaper.

One questioner asked Clinton if her track record showed she could stand up to "evil men" around the world.

"The question is, we face a lot of dangers in the world and, in the gentleman's words, we face a lot of evil men and what in my background equips me to deal with evil and bad men," Clinton said. She paused to gaze while the audience interrupted with about 30 seconds of laughter and applause.

Meeting later with reporters, she was pressed repeatedly to explain what she meant. She insisted it was a joke.

"I thought I was funny," Clinton said. "You guys keep telling me to lighten up, be funny. I get a little funny and now I'm being psychoanalyzed."

She told reporters that evil men included al-Qaida leader Osama bin Laden, who remains at large. "Isn't it about time we get serious about that?" she said.

During the town hall meeting, she tried to make clear that she thinks she would be a chief executive with enough fortitude to confront any danger facing the country.

"I believe that a lot in my background and a lot in my public life shows the character and toughness that is required to be president," Clinton said. "It also shows that I want to get back to bringing the world around to support us again."

Clinton defended the role that Congress has played, saying newly empowered Democrats are beginning to build pressure on Bush to act, but the public needs to be patient.

"We are at the beginning of a process," Clinton said. "It's a frustrating process, our system is sometimes frustrating."
    http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2007/...inton-2008.php
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself."
    Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

And?

He made the mess, let him clean it up.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Did she vote to give him power to go to war?

Yeah, I'll bet she resents it. She's planning on winning the White House, and she doesn't want it on HER head. But Hillary, Honey, that's what a president DOES. When you're running a country, you sometimes have to make decisions like these.

During the town hall meeting, she tried to make clear that she thinks she would be a chief executive with enough fortitude to confront any danger facing the country.
    Yeah, as long as all the REALLY tough choices are removed before she takes office. Again...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nienna View Post
    Did she vote to give him power to go to war?

Yeah, I'll bet she resents it. She's planning on winning the White House, and she doesn't want it on HER head. But Hillary, Honey, that's what a president DOES. When you're running a country, you sometimes have to make decisions like these.
    So... the pres gives false intel to get Congress to give him war authority AS A LAST RESORT (not a first resort) and screws up the operation and that's ok? I figure he broke it, he bought it. Isn't that what Colin Powell said? Oh yeah... he didn't get with Rummy's program so he was out.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jillian View Post
    So... the pres gives false intel to get Congress to give him war authority AS A LAST RESORT (not a first resort) and screws up the operation and that's ok? I figure he broke it, he bought it. Isn't that what Colin Powell said? Oh yeah... he didn't get with Rummy's program so he was out.
    Jilly! I knew you'd jump on that one!

Of course, Bush didn't inherit ANY messes from the PREVIOUS Billary administration. :cough: couldhavetakenOsama :cough: prevented9/11 :cough:

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jillian View Post
    So... the pres gives false Intel to get Congress to give him war authority AS A LAST RESORT (not a first resort) and screws up the operation and that's ok? I figure he broke it, he bought it. Isn't that what Colin Powell said? Oh yeah... he didn't get with Rummy's program so he was out.
    Repeating a lie over and over.... Still Doesn't make it true..
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself."

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stephanie View Post
    Repeating a lie over and over....Doesn't make it true..
    Exactly what we keep saying to the folk who keep insisting Iraq had something to do with 9/11 or was an "imminent threat".

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Exactly what we keep saying to the folk who keep insisting Iraq had something to do with 9/11 or was an "imminent threat".
    There ya go again...

I know of NO ONE who believes that...

But don't let that get in your way...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stephanie View Post
    There ya go again...

I know of NO ONE who believes that...

But don't let that get in your way...

Yeah...well, you're looking in the wrong places. EVERYONE I know knows that's the case. So there ya go.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yeah...well, you're looking in the wrong places. EVERYONE I know knows that's the case. So there ya go.
    Hummmmm???

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nienna View Post
    Jilly! I knew you'd jump on that one!

Of course, Bush didn't inherit ANY messes from the PREVIOUS Billary administration. :cough: couldhavetakenOsama :cough: prevented9/11 :cough:
    I just love the right wing lies.

So what exactly did Iraq have to do with 9/11... hint... it didn't.

And wanna talk about preventing 9/11? Let's talk about the Presidential Daily Briefing of August, 2001 that Bush was too busy clearing brush to be bothered with.

And I wasn't even going there....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jillian View Post

And wanna talk about preventing 9/11? Let's talk about the Presidential Daily Briefing of August, 2001 that Bush was too busy clearing brush to be bothered with.

Hum..I wonder what Clinton was doing when the first World trade center bombing happened?

I wonder where he was, when the USS Cole was attacked???

Some people need to get a grip...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

sure thing....i seem to recall the "slam dunk" intelligence came from the clinton CIA.....looks like the clintons called in some olde favours at the CIA and misslead the nation to blame it on bush ....

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Jill no one on the right said saddam had anything to do with 9/11.

The invasion of iraq was a pre-emptive strike because Bush was "told by ALL the worlds intelligence services" that saddam had WMD's and was prepared to use them.Along with his ignoring ALL the un mandates and shooting at our patroling aircraft. Supporting terrorist organizations like hamas and hizzbollah. And crimes against humanity within his own country.

Everything was laid out to the congress for them to make a choice on the matter and the majority of them voted for the invasion. Including hellery. No lies were told, just the known facts presented. Some of those facts turned out to be wrong. That does NOT make them lies. But we couldn't find out all of the facts until after the invasion.

It's becoming imperative that we make another pre-emptive strike against iran. They are developing nukes and threaten Israel and America publicly. If we strike and take out their nukes will you just say Bush lied again?
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I just love the right wing lies.

So what exactly did Iraq have to do with 9/11... hint... it didn't.

And I wasn't even going there....
    the only person that believes iraq had anything to do with 911 is the press and the left....the rest of us are clear that it was a violation of un resolutions and the treaty of iraq I withdrawl out of kuwait ....

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus