Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Default And Speaking of the NFL

is there a f-ing football game on? I never have anyone to talk to when y'all got your heads stuck in the tube. It's like Sunday and Monday night are screwed.

Nobody around here talks to me. They think I'm mean. And y'all goobers got your faces stuck in the tube. I don't want to talk to Gabby. She's spends her entire time being disengenuous.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

No football on. Baseball playoffs start tonight. At which time football is no longer necessary.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    No football on. Baseball playoffs start tonight. At which time football is no longer necessary.
    Pffft. If the Cards or Pirates ain't in, I ain't interested. I gave up on the Rangers and Astros years ago.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    is there a f-ing football game on? I never have anyone to talk to when y'all got your heads stuck in the tube. It's like Sunday and Monday night are screwed.

Nobody around here talks to me. They think I'm mean. And y'all goobers got your faces stuck in the tube. I don't want to talk to Gabby. She's spends her entire time being disengenuous.

>>> No one thinks your mean.....Your a decent guy Gunny....Just "many of us here" have many other things to deal with in this life.. besides TV and hanging here 24/7 (Family...Kids..wives / husbands / girlfriends / "business" and relaxing the mind from the same `ol same `ol....Its all good bro...enjoy life and do what makes You happy...

5. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

7. Thanks Perianne, Black Diamond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LongTermGuy View Post

>>> No one thinks your mean.....Your a decent guy Gunny....Just "many of us here" have many other things to deal with in this life.. besides TV and hanging here 24/7 (Family...Kids..wives / husbands / girlfriends / "business" and relaxing the mind from the same `ol same `ol....Its all good bro...enjoy life and do what makes You happy...
    I meant the real life "here". I AM exactly in real life what you get on this board. The downside of that, especially civilians is they think I'm mean and anyone that's seen me lose my temper is just holding their breath. My mom's been doing it since I was a kid.

And you missed the whole old age thing. What would make ME happy is a bout with some weights, then someone who thinks they know martial arts, followed by whipping O-blah-blah's ass at basketball. And being able to walk the next day. I'd settle for the last even if took me a week to recover.

9. Thanks LongTermGuy, Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

I meant the real life "here". I AM exactly in real life what you get on this board. The downside of that, especially civilians is they think I'm mean and anyone that's seen me lose my temper is just holding their breath. My mom's been doing it since I was a kid.

And you missed the whole old age thing. What would make ME happy is a bout with some weights, then someone who thinks they know martial arts, followed by whipping O-blah-blah's ass at basketball. And being able to walk the next day. I'd settle for the last even if took me a week to recover.

Understand brother....

11. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Speaking of the general scum and worthlessness of the NFL, I remain continually amazing at the continued determination to place teams in the Los Angeles area. In spite of the fact that pro football has FAILED here before.

Pro sports franchises generally relocate before owners want more money and/or new stadiums. They move to cities that offering both, plus the first born children of the masses.
    People in Los Angeles have actually voted against building stadiums and against spending public money. Very few have spoken out in favor of spending money for the NFL.

For the first time that I can remember, relocating teams to Los Angeles is being initiated by the NFL itself. As opposed to individual team owners. Because relocation had to be approved by a vote of team owners, NFL boss Roger Goodell has supposedly threatened anyone who votes against it.

It's all about TV money. TV people want teams in the nation's second largest market. And they want advertisers with deep pockets.
    The common fan? I doubt they matter.

13. Thanks Perianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

You would need some type of wager.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Pffft. If the Cards or Pirates ain't in, I ain't interested. I gave up on the Rangers and Astros years ago.
    cardinals, rangers, and astros are all in.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    You would need some type of wager.
    You kidding? He wouldn't take me on. I could only wish. I guarantee you he wouldn't get on a court with ME. If you think after 35 years of playing basketball I don't know how "accidents happen", you misjudge.

17. Thanks Black Diamond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

You kidding? He wouldn't take me on. I could only wish. I guarantee you he wouldn't get on a court with ME. If you think after 35 years of playing basketball I don't know how "accidents happen", you misjudge.
    Bill Laimbeer

19. Thanks fj1200 thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    Bill Laimbeer
    Jack Lambert. And I hated Bill Lambeer. Him and Rick Mahorn. I never hurt anyone intentionally. Doesn't mean I don't know how. I'm betting bets are off in a one on one game with O-blah-blah. All he'd have to do is come into the paint the first time.
    Last edited by Gunny; 10-09-2015 at 01:06 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Jack Lambert. And I hated Bill Lambeer. Him and Rick Mahorn. I never hurt anyone intentionally. Doesn't mean I don't know how. I'm betting bets are off in a one on one game with O-blah-blah. All he'd have to do is come into the paint the first time.
    As a bulls fan, I knew hatred of the bad boys. I think everyone outside the state of Michigan hated Laimbeer. I hated isiah too.

22. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    Speaking of the general scum and worthlessness of the NFL, I remain continually amazing at the continued determination to place teams in the Los Angeles area. In spite of the fact that pro football has FAILED here before.

Pro sports franchises generally relocate before owners want more money and/or new stadiums. They move to cities that offering both, plus the first born children of the masses.
    People in Los Angeles have actually voted against building stadiums and against spending public money. Very few have spoken out in favor of spending money for the NFL.

For the first time that I can remember, relocating teams to Los Angeles is being initiated by the NFL itself. As opposed to individual team owners. Because relocation had to be approved by a vote of team owners, NFL boss Roger Goodell has supposedly threatened anyone who votes against it.

It's all about TV money. TV people want teams in the nation's second largest market. And they want advertisers with deep pockets.
    The common fan? I doubt they matter.
    All sports are about money now. How many championships have the Spurs won since 98? 5? Small market blue collar town so they have to play against the other team AND the refs.

What they don't get is nobody in SoCal gives a crap about anything but the Lakers. I never watched football when I lived there. Who wants to watch the AFC or NFC West?

They're trying to tap the money. I kind of miss when I was a kid and these players all had day jobs and played just to play. It's all about money now and not ONE of today's teams could take on a team from the 60s. They'd be beat up, broken bruised and whining by the end of the 1st quarter.