Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    At no point in this (or any) thread have i said border controls is nazism.
    You compared constitutionalists to the KKK or the nazis?

Ah looking back you edited that post. Either you meant what you said then made yourself look like an idiot and changed it or you was just saying how superman used to fight the KKK.
    Last edited by Christie Brinkley; 10-16-2015 at 11:38 AM.
    "During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act"
    -George Orwell

Hegelian Dialectic
    Problem-Reaction-Solution

2. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Christie Brinkley View Post
    You compared constitutionalists to the KKK or the nazis?

Ah looking back you edited that post. Either you meant what you said then made yourself look like an idiot and changed it or you was just saying how superman used to fight the KKK.

I often edit posts to correct spelling errors when i see them etc - in the above instance i think I added brackets so the sentence flowed better, nothing more.

By referencing the most well known case of ''ridiculous propaganda" (Superman vs KKK) I am not as saying that Capt America vs Sons of the Serpent is a like-for-like comparison, but may be viewed as an analogous extension of the social issues being presented in comic media.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I often edit posts to correct spelling errors when i see them etc - in the above instance i think I added brackets so the sentence flowed better, nothing more.

By referencing the most well known case of ''ridiculous propaganda" (Superman vs KKK) I am not as saying that Capt America vs Sons of the Serpent is a like-for-like comparison, but may be viewed as an analogous extension of the social issues being presented in comic media.
    Got yourself out of that one
    "During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act"
    -George Orwell

Hegelian Dialectic

5. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I'll start buying these comics once one comes out showing them deporting all of the criminals and their offspring, and treating them like they would treat other criminals. And whichever character achieves this, I will refer to as "my hero".

During the civil war comic series that happened.
    I always thought you'd end up on Ironman's side Jim.

Basically there was a very bad super villain terrorist event take changed the Superhero laws in the U.S.

Ironman got out in front with the gov't and suggested a law that was passed which made it mandatory for all persons with superpowers of any kind to register with the gov't., be tracked and required they get training.
    All known supervillians in prison or at large were captured and shipped to a new super prison built by the fantastic four. The prison was built in another dimension.

Anyone refusing registration was considered an OUTLAW.
    Captain America thought the laws were unconstitutional and draconian -as did many others- and thus "civil war".
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    During the civil war comic series that happened.
    I always thought you'd end up on Ironman's side Jim.

Basically there was a very bad super villain terrorist event take changed the Superhero laws in the U.S.

Ironman got out in front with the gov't and suggested a law that was passed which made it mandatory for all persons with superpowers of any kind to register with the gov't., be tracked and required they get training.
    All known supervillians in prison or at large were captured and shipped to a new super prison built by the fantastic four. The prison was built in another dimension.

Anyone refusing registration was considered an OUTLAW.
    Captain America thought the laws were unconstitutional and draconian -as did many others- and thus "civil war".
    Were the superhero's or villains illegals? If so, toss them out on their butts. If not, they can stay. No amnesty for superhero's either. I'm imagining the "villains" are not US citizens. Boot them if not, and if they commit crimes in our country put them in the special prison so that they can't escape.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Were the superhero's or villains illegals? If so, toss them out on their butts. If not, they can stay. No amnesty for superhero's either. I'm imagining the "villains" are not US citizens. Boot them if not, and if they commit crimes in our country put them in the special prison so that they can't escape.
    Well the vast majority of villains were all US citizens. And they got shipped off to the "negative zone" Gulag for their terms or life.

But so did U.S. citizen superheroes who refused to "register". They were considered outlaws and potential terrorist threat no matter what their past history of good deeds. Just having a super power 'Unregistered' by the gov't was just "to dangerous", "don't you remember 9-11" (in the comic A big public school was blown up because of reckless heroes. that was the 9-11 type event that set the story off.)

And a few villains got pardons if they turned themselves in, registered and helped track down other villains and heroes for the gov't.. Because not registering is "against the law".
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Not a fan of comics?
    This 'ridiculous propaganda' has been imbedded in comics for generations.
    Probably the best known (and most powerful) example is that of the Superman vs the KKK.
    Yes, Superman would never have fought the KKK.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    Well the vast majority of villains were all US citizens. And they got shipped off to the "negative zone" Gulag for their terms or life.
    I honestly don't follow this stuff, so my questions and answers are sincere! They were "villains". Does this mean that they broke laws? I watch TV and movies, and the villains are almost always criminals of sorts. So if these villains are committing crimes, they deserve prison.

But so did U.S. citizen superheroes who refused to "register". They were considered outlaws and potential terrorist threat no matter what their past history of good deeds. Just having a super power 'Unregistered' by the gov't was just "to dangerous", "don't you remember 9-11" (in the comic A big public school was blown up because of reckless heroes. that was the 9-11 type event that set the story off.)
    Again, were/are they criminals? Criminals would/should/could be monitored. Kinda like sex offenders having to register. I do admit though, it all depends on the level of the crime. If they are SUPER villains, they likely need to be registered as I would imagine their crimes are bad. You can clarify their criminal history.

And a few villains got pardons if they turned themselves in, registered and helped track down other villains and heroes for the gov't.. Because not registering is "against the law".
    Sounds fair to me! If a criminal today, a BAD criminal, helps track down another criminal - they likely aren't getting a pardon.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Perianne View Post
    Yes, Superman would never have fought the KKK.
    The creators and writers of Superman disagree.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

12. Likes revelarts liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

The creators and writers of Superman disagree.
    I meant the real Superman would never have fought the KKK, not the fiction one.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Perianne View Post
    I meant the real Superman would never have fought the KKK, not the fiction one.
    Mark this up as weirdest sentence of the week.

15. Thanks revelarts, fj1200 thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Mark this up as weirdest sentence of the week.
    Putting aside all of your posts of course?
    -George Orwell

Hegelian Dialectic

17. Thanks Black Diamond, Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

I honestly don't follow this stuff, so my questions and answers are sincere! They were "villains". Does this mean that they broke laws? I watch TV and movies, and the villains are almost always criminals of sorts. So if these villains are committing crimes, they deserve prison.
    yep, Villains means they broke laws of various kinds. Most at the vary least are escaped convicts.
    their Crimes range from things as bad as murder (some are assassins), terrorism, attempted gov't overthrow , kidnapping, attempted murder, extortion, to MAJOR property damage. To things as small as petty theft, minor assault and battery, pick pocketing, drunk and disorderly with property damage, and trespassing.
    Again, were/are they criminals? Criminals would/should/could be monitored. Kinda like sex offenders having to register. I do admit though, it all depends on the level of the crime. If they are SUPER villains, they likely need to be registered as I would imagine their crimes are bad. You can clarify their criminal history.
    See that's the thing, the registration part wasn't because of any type of crimes but the simple fact anyone had some kind of superpower. Every person with any "superpower", criminal or not, had to register. and be tracked and be trained and drafted into a gov't paramilitary police force.

Just having superpowers of any kind meant they were too dangerous to just walk around free.
    like walking AR15s or something.

if you refused you were tracked down and forced to register and join.
    Criminals were captured registered and sent to the gulag if they had unpunished crimes of any kind.

Sounds fair to me! If a criminal today, a BAD criminal, helps track down another criminal - they likely aren't getting a pardon.
    They got limited pardons as long as they worked for the gov't.. And because some Heroes like Spiderman didn't register or broke registration they got to hunt them down. They were told not to kill but ... hey they're assassins and psychopaths given a gov't license to track and capture people that usually put them in jail, so what do you expect.
    Last edited by revelarts; 10-16-2015 at 06:26 PM.

19. Thanks jimnyc thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Oh hell, I'm just gonna concede this one to you, Rev! I suck on comic book land. My favorites were Richie Rich, Mad magazine (spy vs. spy). The marvel comics and others like them just never worked for me. I know, I was lame.

21. Thanks revelarts thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Oh hell, I'm just gonna concede this one to you, Rev! I suck on comic book land. My favorites were Richie Rich, Mad magazine (spy vs. spy). The marvel comics and others like them just never worked for me. I know, I was lame.
    Oh, and Archie too!!

23. Thanks revelarts thanked this post