Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Two-pronged attack. Hit the energy grid AND the water source.
    ... aaarrghhhh !!!!
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

2. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Two-pronged attack. Hit the energy grid AND the water source.
    Three pronged attack. Do all that, AND keep the BBC on the air ..... !
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
    ... aaarrghhhh !!!!
    Everybody's good at something. I'm a machine when it comes to strategy and tactics and I don't half-ass at anything. I think it's weird but I finally just got over it. I see everything like a computer screen. I can over-analyze a cat peeing in the littler box.

I trust no one, don't let them get within arm's distance of me, and watch them like a hawk and I'm always calculating who and what anyone around me is capable of. As I said, I just gave up trying to figure it out. It's who I am.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

5. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Everybody's good at something. I'm a machine when it comes to strategy and tactics and I don't half-ass at anything. I think it's weird but I finally just got over it. I see everything like a computer screen. I can over-analyze a cat peeing in the littler box.

I trust no one, don't let them get within arm's distance of me, and watch them like a hawk and I'm always calculating who and what anyone around me is capable of. As I said, I just gave up trying to figure it out. It's who I am.
    Gunny, I have no doubt that in such circumstances being described herein, some of us old sheepdogs just might be able to survive. Military experience gathered while sitting behind a desk in the rear is NOT the same as field and combat experience. Some of us can make do just fine with just a poncho liner, good knife and cammies. Add a firearm of any type and a bit of ammo and some of us would end up as the local grand pubba!
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

7. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CSM View Post
    Gunny, I have no doubt that in such circumstances being described herein, some of us old sheepdogs just might be able to survive. Military experience gathered while sitting behind a desk in the rear is NOT the same as field and combat experience. Some of us can make do just fine with just a poncho liner, good knife and cammies. Add a firearm of any type and a bit of ammo and some of us would end up as the local grand pubba!
    I keep saying they should let us old NCO's run these goofy wars, SgtMaj. They'd already be over.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

9. Thanks CSM thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Not being up on the "end of times" vernacular, my daughter had to tell me that shtf stands for "shit hits the fan."

My primary concern for shtf would be shelter. How would you make your shelter safe from intruders? Would it be above ground or below? If your shelter was below ground, how would you handle ventilation and air filtration?
    Once in a shelter, I would be concerned with the effects of extreme isolation and having to co-exist with the same people 24/7. With not much to do and nowhere to go, tempers would grow extremely thin. Disputes would become increasingly more difficult to resolve.
    Your food and water might last for years. How long could you last?

11. Thanks Perianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    Not being up on the "end of times" vernacular, my daughter had to tell me that shtf stands for "shit hits the fan."

My primary concern for shtf would be shelter. How would you make your shelter safe from intruders? Would it be above ground or below? If your shelter was below ground, how would you handle ventilation and air filtration?
    Once in a shelter, I would be concerned with the effects of extreme isolation and having to co-exist with the same people 24/7. With not much to do and nowhere to go, tempers would grow extremely thin. Disputes would become increasingly more difficult to resolve.

I expect at some point, women would become a commodity. Kinda like they are in the ME right now.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

See? You got wrong already, Ms Lefty. Your primary concern is food. THEN shelter. You're worried about crap that doesn't matter in survival mode. You work together as a team to survive or you don't survive.

Problem is, people like YOU. I can survive off the land for however long I have left. Drag along dumb civilian leftwingers waiting on you to do everything is what gets you killed. You lefties take a lot for granted but it wasn't YOUR weak butts that built this country.

14. Thanks LongTermGuy, aboutime thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

See? You got wrong already, Ms Lefty. Your primary concern is food. THEN shelter. You're worried about crap that doesn't matter in survival mode. You work together as a team to survive or you don't survive.

Problem is, people like YOU. I can survive off the land for however long I have left. Drag along dumb civilian leftwingers waiting on you to do everything is what gets you killed. You lefties take a lot for granted but it wasn't YOUR weak butts that built this country.

Gunny. What will all of the lefty Government Dependents do when the checks stop, the stamps no longer work, and the FREE stuff everyone else has been paying for....STOPS?

When that happens. The YOU KNOW WHAT WILL HIT THE WESTINGHOUSE (so to speak) AKA "S.H.T.F."

That day can't be far off, and most of us will be laughing while defending ourselves from the IDIOTS.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    Gunny. What will all of the lefty Government Dependents do when the checks stop, the stamps no longer work, and the FREE stuff everyone else has been paying for....STOPS?

When that happens. The YOU KNOW WHAT WILL HIT THE WESTINGHOUSE (so to speak) AKA "S.H.T.F."

That day can't be far off, and most of us will be laughing while defending ourselves from the IDIOTS.
    They'll die. Or get someone that CAN survive killed.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    GONNA DO MY FRIEND.
    To truly fight one needs bullets and lots of 'em...
    Nothing says "drop dead" like hot pieces of lead cruising along at hyper-sonic speed.

Gun , no ammo = fancy club... -Tyr
    Y'all ain't thinking this through. Gun=noise. Attracts attention. Depends on WHO your enemy is. A blade or a bow are better weapons. They don't make noise. Cover and concealment are your best weapons. And using that thing between your ears.

If it's an enemy from without, you take HIS weapon and HIS ammo. Then you can start collecting from his buddies. The gun store isn't going to be open for you to replenish your supply of American rounds.

18. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    GONNA DO MY FRIEND.
    To truly fight one needs bullets and lots of 'em...
    Nothing says "drop dead" like hot pieces of lead cruising along at hyper-sonic speed.

Gun , no ammo = fancy club... -Tyr

Understand your drift...Guns and ammo are good....but then there are "other" situations..where one wants more Stealth....(But I know what you mean brother and you understand what I mean)

20. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Sorry, dear, but you misunderstood me. My shtf would involve a nuclear holocaust or some form of invasion. "Living off the land" would not be an option. There would be very little land to live off of. If your shelter contains food, then that covers both needs.
    Still looking for someone to intelligently answer my inquiry. If that is possible on this board.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Sorry, dear, but you misunderstood me. My shtf would involve a nuclear holocaust or some form of invasion. "Living off the land" would not be an option. There would be very little land to live off of. If your shelter contains food, then that covers both needs.
    Still looking for someone to intelligently answer my inquiry. If that is possible on this board.
    I don't misunderstand a thing and you should stick to topics you already don't know about. NOW. let's play Marine.

I get incinerated in a nuclear hit I guess I'm dead.

An invasion on the other hand? I can live off the land and I can make invaders "go away".

What you're looking for ins't an intelligent answer. You're looking for the answer you want. Well I got news for you, the Leftwingnut God from Hell ain't swooping in to save you. You won't have food. You won't have running water. You won't have shelter. Sheeple like YOU will either be dead or in a concentration camp.

I'm heading for the hills and most rednecks I know will too. Come get us.

The true fact is we will implode from within because of people like YOU before anyone will EVER take this country. So maybe you ought to readjust your lack of intelligence looking for someone to give you a losing answer.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

I keep saying they should let us old NCO's run these goofy wars, SgtMaj. They'd already be over.
    You talk as if you think the leaders meant for the wars to be won.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16