Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Jim Webb drops out

Doesn't surprise me after he was basically ignored in the debate. Going 3rd?

-----

Former Virginia Sen. Jim Webb announced on Tuesday that he is dropping out of the Democratic presidential race in favor of a potential independent presidential run.

Citing frustration with party leadership and what he sees as a corrupt political class, Webb announced at the National Press Club this afternoon that he is withdrawing from any consideration of being the Democratic Party’s nominee.

The former Virginia senator vowed to remain a voice in politics and pledged that he’s not going away, but will not declare an independent presidential bid. Instead, he said he is weighing his options.

Webb will not attend this weekend’s Iowa Jefferson-Jackson dinner, a major Democratic party event featuring the party’s entire field of presidential candidates. “We’re done with the Iowa pay-for-play dinners. We’re not going to waste our small donors’ hard earned cash on elite party events for Hillary’s pals. (And you can quote me on that if you like),” said Webb spokesperson Craig Crawford.

Related: Quiz: 5 key facts about Jim Webb

The Democratic National Committee declined to say whether Webb would be invited to appear in future party debates until he had made his announcement, but it seems unlikely either party would want to be involved.

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/jim-webb-...cratic-primary
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Of course he was ignored. He was the only person at the debate who sounded half way sane
    Last edited by Black Diamond; 10-20-2015 at 12:35 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Third party Democrat? I like the idea of splitting Democratic votes. Maybe he will be useful after all.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Doesn't surprise me after he was basically ignored in the debate. Going 3rd?

-----

Former Virginia Sen. Jim Webb announced on Tuesday that he is dropping out of the Democratic presidential race in favor of a potential independent presidential run.

Citing frustration with party leadership and what he sees as a corrupt political class, Webb announced at the National Press Club this afternoon that he is withdrawing from any consideration of being the Democratic Party’s nominee.

The former Virginia senator vowed to remain a voice in politics and pledged that he’s not going away, but will not declare an independent presidential bid. Instead, he said he is weighing his options.

Webb will not attend this weekend’s Iowa Jefferson-Jackson dinner, a major Democratic party event featuring the party’s entire field of presidential candidates. “We’re done with the Iowa pay-for-play dinners. We’re not going to waste our small donors’ hard earned cash on elite party events for Hillary’s pals. (And you can quote me on that if you like),” said Webb spokesperson Craig Crawford.

Related: Quiz: 5 key facts about Jim Webb

The Democratic National Committee declined to say whether Webb would be invited to appear in future party debates until he had made his announcement, but it seems unlikely either party would want to be involved.

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/jim-webb-...cratic-primary
    He's like Joe Lieberman. The rat party is passive-aggressively kicking him out of the party. So yeah, a 3rd party run is probable. It won't go anywhere, of course, but it will pull votes from both parties in the general election.
    Last edited by DLT; 10-20-2015 at 04:01 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Hell, I'd have voted for him...
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Webb dropped out because no one knows who he is. If he runs as an independent, even fewer people will know who he is.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

From what I saw, he was more in line with GOP than Democrat.

I was surprised that he was running as a Dem, the only thing I can think of is that his hometown was heavily Democrat when he got started in politics. You have to kind of go with the 800 pound Gorilla in your neck of the woods.

Here in AK we're heavily conservative and the liberals catch hell 24/7, so most candidates try to run as GOP or at worst, Independent. Not many Democrats running around, but there's a few here and there that represent the high welfare areas around Anchorage, Fairbanks and Juneau.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum