Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
    Definitely check out 'I'm All Right Jack'. Sellers is brilliant in it .. he plays a Marxist-admiring Union official, thoroughly pompous and self-opinionated, complete with Hitler moustache.

Speaking of him, I watched a movie one time where he was a simple-minded gardner. It was very clever and enjoyable.

2. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Y'all need to quit that passive aggressive flirting in this thread.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

4. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Dude, I have in the past 6 years been on a certain board I ran for 5 years for about 3 months a year and a half ago and people STILL are talking shit about me. Now, I can go over there and raise some damned Hell (my forte) or I can just ignore it. How lame is someone's life to talk shit about someone who has really not been around long enough to have 3 grandkids born?

Why do you think I always come back to Jim's board? I know the people here. And you weren't around when Jim, DMP and I have gotten into some drop down, drag out fights. Long as you aren't acting like a d*ick, which I was, you get to say what you want. Me, a bottle of Jack and a message board are NOT a good combination.

I stayed away from boards for several years. And the crap I learned that was going on behind my and everyone else's back startled me once I started posting again. I had no idea. I've always been up front, and on the board. If you find a board more tolerant than this one, fill us in.
    Aww, you were always nice. In your own way.

As for that other board, after Jim sold, it needed the strong hand of a Marine so it wouldn't implode.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

6. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Dude, I have in the past 6 years been on a certain board I ran for 5 years for about 3 months a year and a half ago and people STILL are talking shit about me. Now, I can go over there and raise some damned Hell (my forte) or I can just ignore it. How lame is someone's life to talk shit about someone who has really not been around long enough to have 3 grandkids born?

Why do you think I always come back to Jim's board? I know the people here. And you weren't around when Jim, DMP and I have gotten into some drop down, drag out fights. Long as you aren't acting like a d*ick, which I was, you get to say what you want. Me, a bottle of Jack and a message board are NOT a good combination.

I stayed away from boards for several years. And the crap I learned that was going on behind my and everyone else's back startled me once I started posting again. I had no idea. I've always been up front, and on the board. If you find a board more tolerant than this one, fill us in.
    I definitely have to agree with that last sentence .. it's amazing to realise what can be tolerated here.

Still, since it's an American forum, it has a definite advantage - that of not being subject to laws which it could otherwise fall foul of. I happen to agree with the principle that 'with freedom comes responsibility', since it makes not the slightest sense to argue otherwise (.. sez me, anyway). But in the UK, we have laws which are framed to make people legally accountable for what they'd say. On the Muslim issue, for example, could a British forum survive some of the expressiveness I've seen here ? I definitely have my doubts on that score !
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Aww, you were always nice. In your own way.

As for that other board, after Jim sold, it needed the strong hand of a Marine so it wouldn't implode.
    Then he left and it did.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
    I definitely have to agree with that last sentence .. it's amazing to realise what can be tolerated here.

Still, since it's an American forum, it has a definite advantage - that of not being subject to laws which it could otherwise fall foul of. I happen to agree with the principle that 'with freedom comes responsibility', since it makes not the slightest sense to argue otherwise (.. sez me, anyway). But in the UK, we have laws which are framed to make people legally accountable for what they'd say. On the Muslim issue, for example, could a British forum survive some of the expressiveness I've seen here ? I definitely have my doubts on that score !
    Point is. as far s boards go, Jim runs this one. He gives a lot of leeway and lets a lot of people come back so long as they behave. Might ne one of the smaller boards but I know from running a larger one. bigger isn't always better. And you have to look at Jim's goal. Took me a long time to figure it out. This is a place for his friends. I spent years going for post count but none of those people were my friends. I always get to come back here and I just get treated like the black sheep in the family.

Maybe you can't express yourself in Britain the way you can here, And maybe we don't always understand you and vice-versa. You're still stuck with us. Just get over it. You're part of the family. Just roll with it.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

10. Thanks Black Diamond, Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Christie Brinkley View Post
    I think I have exhausted the list of good movies to watch. Is there any 'needle in the haystack' under-rated movies that are not really spoken about any more? I feel like I have got to a point where I have seen all that is good.
    I loved this movie. Give it a watch.

Oh and this one is very entertaining. Love it.

Last edited by PixieStix; 10-30-2015 at 02:09 AM.
    We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language, for we intend to see that the crucible turns our people out as Americans, of American nationality, and not as dwellers in a polyglot boarding-house; and we have room for but one soul loyalty, and that is loyalty to the American people. ~Theodore Roosevelt~

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    Pulp fiction, reservoir dogs, Jackie brown.

Jackie Brown is the needle in the haystack

Reservoir Dogs made me cringe in my seat when the mobster was torturing that cop in the warehouse... that was pretty damn brutal.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

13. Thanks Gunny, Black Diamond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

got this on order. based on a true story. I haven't seen this one in years

Thanks (Given)