Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default The Freemasons

Background: a friend told me a story about his friend who joined the Masons. His father, a Pentacostal pastor, gave his son an ultimatum: as long as you're a Mason, we're not speaking to you. Obviously, the son was distraught... long story short, he's out of the Masons and working things out with his dad.

BUT, the reason for my post is that there's obviously a lot of sentiment built up about the Masons. Without digging through a few thousand Google search results, does anyone have any good sites, either pro-Mason or anti-Mason, which are worth reading for someone with little knowledge of the group?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default ...............

Quote Originally Posted by 5stringJeff View Post
    Background: a friend told me a story about his friend who joined the Masons. His father, a Pentacostal pastor, gave his son an ultimatum: as long as you're a Mason, we're not speaking to you. Obviously, the son was distraught... long story short, he's out of the Masons and working things out with his dad.

BUT, the reason for my post is that there's obviously a lot of sentiment built up about the Masons. Without digging through a few thousand Google search results, does anyone have any good sites, either pro-Mason or anti-Mason, which are worth reading for someone with little knowledge of the group?
    That's gonna be near impossible to find. I've tried, every male member of my family up until my father was a Member of the Templar Knights, which you have to be a member of the Freemasons for a while to join. I actually have three of their swords. They wouldn't even tell me about their orginization as I was curious about my ancestors.

I did watch a really good documentary either on the History Channel or A&E, I think it was the History channel about teo hours long on the Freemasons, the reason I bring it up is that youo can buy it off the History Channels website. It is really good and informative. If you really interested in the Masons buy that DVD.

Have you seen Nation Treasure? I know it's fictional but it's about the Freemasons and their treasure.

Also Dan Brown's new book is going to be about them as well.

If you attack the Clintons publically make sure all your friends know your not planning on commiting suicide ~ McCain 2008
    Happiness is Obama's picture on the back of a milk carton.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

my dad and his dad and his dad were all masons.....would not tell shit....

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default ...............

Quote Originally Posted by manu1959 View Post
    my dad and his dad and his dad were all masons.....would not tell shit....
    If it's secret and elite it can't be good.

If you attack the Clintons publically make sure all your friends know your not planning on commiting suicide ~ McCain 2008

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You don't have one thing to worry about as far as the Freemasons are concerned, 5stringer. If you know one (then he is not a secret to you, correct?) ask him for a petition to join a lodge. If found worthy and acceptable your petition will be accepted and you can be a witness to all that I have witnessed insofar as Mason's are concerned. I have fought through this battle on left and right wing boards before.

I leave my blue (some are black books) book (the bible of Blue Lodge activities) on my coffee table for all to see and ask questions about. No secret in that!!!!!!!!!!! Ask for a petition to join!!!! If you can't afford the initiation fees (believe me, we will already know that) your fees will be paid by your recommender or waived altogether if you are indeed found worthy and acceptable.

I was raised a Mason in 1979 and I have never for one moment regretted it!!!!!!!!! I am also a member of the York Rite and a Knight Templar (someone else refered to them as Templar Knights in this thread) and through all of my degrees I have never seen one single thing that is contrary to any American, religious, citizen or personal value that I hold.

If you are indeed curious then I suggest you petition a lodge for membership. You, your family and your friends are all welcome to know about your membership and participation!!!!!!! All that "secret stuff" is about the internal workings of the lodge. You'll get it when you get it. Dig it?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Male only?
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Male only?

I saw the History Channel special and I believe that they do accept women now.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default ...............

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe View Post
    I saw the History Channel special and I believe that they do accept women now.
    There goes the neighborhood.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

My step-father-in-law is one. He's a "townie" and member of a lot of groups. He's never spoken about it. We used their hall for our low-budget wedding reception, and even had some Jews at the wedding. I didn't see any bones or skulls when I was in there.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

I just don't get the whole "we're not speaking to you" thing, unless it is meant to be purely punitive. If the father is worried about his son's soul (my assumption given his Pentecostal beliefs), wouldn't continuing to speak to him be the best thing?
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Is it like the Jaycees? I see those compass/star symbols on people's cars all the time. Isn't that the masonic symbol? Are these guys the shriners?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer
    Science wants to explain things and understand why they happen. Creationists want to use science to justify their own causes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychoblues View Post
    You don't have one thing to worry about as far as the Freemasons are concerned, 5stringer. If you know one (then he is not a secret to you, correct?) ask him for a petition to join a lodge. If found worthy and acceptable your petition will be accepted and you can be a witness to all that I have witnessed insofar as Mason's are concerned. I have fought through this battle on left and right wing boards before.

I leave my blue (some are black books) book (the bible of Blue Lodge activities) on my coffee table for all to see and ask questions about. No secret in that!!!!!!!!!!! Ask for a petition to join!!!! If you can't afford the initiation fees (believe me, we will already know that) your fees will be paid by your recommender or waived altogether if you are indeed found worthy and acceptable.

I was raised a Mason in 1979 and I have never for one moment regretted it!!!!!!!!! I am also a member of the York Rite and a Knight Templar (someone else refered to them as Templar Knights in this thread) and through all of my degrees I have never seen one single thing that is contrary to any American, religious, citizen or personal value that I hold.

If you are indeed curious then I suggest you petition a lodge for membership. You, your family and your friends are all welcome to know about your membership and participation!!!!!!! All that "secret stuff" is about the internal workings of the lodge. You'll get it when you get it. Dig it?

Ok updated list:

Decorated Veteran of every war from Spanish War to Desert Storm
    Elected politician
    Blues musician
    Minister of the gospel who knows the New Testament better than most Americans

and now Knight Templar

Does your habitual lying and delusions of grandeur have an end to them?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

If pb is a member, I think I may join Sage in condemnation.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default .............

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    If pb is a member, I think I may join Sage in condemnation.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychoblues View Post

Fraud.

Levels.

Internal workings.... LOL. You are degrading it. I will ask about you and I have a feeling my 91 year old uncle will know.