Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Cats are neurotic - and probably trying to kill you, say researchers

See that, we were all right!!

-----

They are well loved for their immaculate fluffy coats and unique personalities but new research suggests cats do have a much darker side.

A study carried out between the University of Edinburgh and Bronx Zoo compared our beloved domestic cat with its wilder relatives.

Compared with the snow leopard, the Scottish wildcat and the African lion, researchers found these larger predators shared similar characteristics of aggression and neurotic behaviour to domestic cats.

Dominance, impulsiveness and neurotic behaviour are the most common trait shared between the domestic cat and the wild cat.

The researchers used a testing method known as the 'Big Five' personality test: Openness to Experience, Extraversion/Introversion, Agreeableness, Conscientiousness, and Neuroticism.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz3qAE4bTwJ
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

No wonder my cat is always trying to trip me up especially on top of the stairs!
    "During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act"
    -George Orwell

Hegelian Dialectic
    Problem-Reaction-Solution

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Christie Brinkley View Post
    No wonder my cat is always trying to trip me up especially on top of the stairs!
    Mine is always doing it in the kitchen, near the stove. But night time is the worst, with a black cat, as he tries to kill me everywhere! Can't see the little bastard.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    See that, we were all right!!

-----

They are well loved for their immaculate fluffy coats and unique personalities but new research suggests cats do have a much darker side.

A study carried out between the University of Edinburgh and Bronx Zoo compared our beloved domestic cat with its wilder relatives.

Compared with the snow leopard, the Scottish wildcat and the African lion, researchers found these larger predators shared similar characteristics of aggression and neurotic behaviour to domestic cats.

Dominance, impulsiveness and neurotic behaviour are the most common trait shared between the domestic cat and the wild cat.

The researchers used a testing method known as the 'Big Five' personality test: Openness to Experience, Extraversion/Introversion, Agreeableness, Conscientiousness, and Neuroticism.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz3qAE4bTwJ
    Not as long as you clean the litter box and mix some wet food in with their dry stuff. They keep you around as a matter of convenience. I got two boxes drying out on the front porch as I type.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke