Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation And HERE IT IS!!!!!!!!!!!!

2009 is the scheduled date for this car to be sold at dealers. The all new Camaro. I have contacted my local Chevy dealer, and I am ONE of FIVE people who are on a list for first choice. The one below is the one I want. Hard top though, no convertable. Orange with black racing stripes, and the five hundred horse power engine with a six speed. They're contemplating a six hundred horse, super charged engine, but I just see the five hundred horse being more reliable without the super charger. I can't wait...

Last edited by Pale Rider; 01-29-2007 at 03:53 AM.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

If you can't drive fast with 100hp, 500 isn't gonna help ya!

Would they REALLY put the ZO6 engine in - as-is? without 'de-tuning' anything?

“… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That is a HOT car! I've been looking at it since it started getting ink. *Sigh!*

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Good-looking car.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    2009 is the scheduled date for this car to be sold at dealers. The all new Camaro. I have contacted my local Chevy dealer, and I am ONE of FIVE people who are on a list for first choice. The one below is the one I want. Hard top though, no convertable. Orange with black racing stripes, and the five hundred horse power engine with a six speed. They're contemplating a six hundred horse, super charged engine, but I just see the five hundred horse being more reliable without the super charger. I can't wait...
    a man after my own heart... sigh... Now if only we could afford it when it comes out. Maybe by then we will have won the powerball and could order two. Mine would be all black and a convertible though.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    If you can't drive fast with 100hp, 500 isn't gonna help ya!

Would they REALLY put the ZO6 engine in - as-is? without 'de-tuning' anything?

They have four engines proposed. A V-6, simply because lots of people bought the old Camaro's with V-6's, for fuel economy I guess. Then a 350 horse 5.7 ltr., the 500 horse 6.0 ltr., which is the old 396 c.i., probably in a small block, or an all new block, not sure, and that 600 horse super charged version. The engines can't be too detuned if they make that kind of power.

And D, "there's PLENTY of places to do OVER a hundred in NEVADA and never see another living soul"... BIG TIME!!! Never heard of the loniest highway in America? Hwy 50.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

They have four engines proposed. A V-6, simply because lots of people bought the old Camaro's with V-6's, for fuel economy I guess. Then a 350 horse 5.7 ltr., the 500 horse 6.0 ltr., which is the old 396 c.i., probably in a small block, or an all new block, not sure, and that 600 horse super charged version. The engines can't be too detuned if they make that kind of power.

And D, "there's PLENTY of places to do OVER a hundred in NEVADA and never see another living soul"... BIG TIME!!! Never heard of the loniest highway in America? Hwy 50.
    Driving over 100mph isn't 'driving fast'. I'm saying 'fast drivers' only need about 100hp. Fast CARS are something else.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Driving over 100mph isn't 'driving fast'. I'm saying 'fast drivers' only need about 100hp. Fast CARS are something else.
    Aaaaahh... gotcha bro.

I'm sure I'd leave a smoldering patch of rubber.... or two. Who wouldn't with that kind of power on tap? I do it with my Harley.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Aaaaahh... gotcha bro.

I'm sure I'd leave a smoldering patch of rubber.... or two. Who wouldn't with that kind of power on tap? I do it with my Harley.
    One thing I like about low-hp cars: I can redline that SOB most-anywhere and barely break the speed limits!

I'd LOVE to see speed limits on out-of-town areas be 120mph or so. Speed doesnt kill - Bad-Driving/decision-making while driving kills.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Other than racing down lonely highways in Nevada I see no purpose in having that car. But then I have never needed a car to improve my ego.

But I'm sure pale will look good in it never the less.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

One thing I like about low-hp cars: I can redline that SOB most-anywhere and barely break the speed limits!

I'd LOVE to see speed limits on out-of-town areas be 120mph or so. Speed doesnt kill - Bad-Driving/decision-making while driving kills.
    Out here, there's a speed limit, but no one to enforce it!

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    Other than racing down lonely highways in Nevada I see no purpose in having that car. But then I have never needed a car to improve my ego.

Do you want/have a pretty wife? A nice house? ANYTHING you enjoy? "Car Guys" and Gals like cars like that for the same reason people like to smoke or do drugs or have sex.

Yet you never see a Halle Berry's Boyfriend get comments like "Why would you WANT somebody so hot...it's not like you could ever USE all that hotness in a woman.."

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I wish I still had my 1977 280-Z.
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post

Sheesh!

You know that some of us just like a really hot car, right? :eek2:

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jillian View Post
    Sheesh!

You know that some of us just like a really hot car, right? :eek2:
    I’m with Gaffer. That Z I had was really not the image of me. Although I loved the car which is why I had it, it did not make me anything I wasn’t. I never grew more than the average 6 inches or had anymore money in the bank than I really had. But some folks think all that’s true if ya have a hot car. Pfffttt. They’ll grow up someday.

*not saying that’s why you want that car, Pale.*
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?