Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    What is the use of having a man around if you can't blame stuff on him?
    I'll have to give you THAT one.

If a tree falls in the forest, and no one's around to hear it, is the man still to blame?
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

2. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Jeff, Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    What is the use of having a man around if you can't blame stuff on him?
    You are silly at times
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

4. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Default Gotta ask

Gunny, do you notice any difference in the way civilians behave if they come from military parents? Seems to me that my father's influence on me made me more self sufficient and less tolerant of the BS some of my contemporaries take for granted.

6. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WiccanLiberal View Post
    Gunny, do you notice any difference in the way civilians behave if they come from military parents? Seems to me that my father's influence on me made me more self sufficient and less tolerant of the BS some of my contemporaries take for granted.
    I don't know. I am from military parents. I spent the 1st 40 years in the military.

I get being self sufficient. I've slept under trucks just because the engine was warm. My "GF" was an M-40A1. If you gave me some canned food I had a "John Wayne" on my dog tags and I'd eat with my fingers if I had to.

Then I listen to people whine about silly crap like they didn't get enough drizzle on their damned pancakes.

So I get it.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Gunny, how do we expect the civilians to understand us when we don't even speak the same language between ourselves.

For example, how to secure a building;

U S Army - The Army would secure a building by locking all doors, put bars on the windows, and establish one entrance with a guard post and armed guards and carefully check the IDs of all personnel who try to enter.

U S Navy and U S Coast Guard - They would secure a building by swabbing all decks, turn off all coffee pots, turn off all lights, lock all office doors, and lock all entrances as they leave the building.

U S Marines - The Marines would secure a building by assaulting it with a combined arms team, breaking into all interior rooms, shooting all resistance, and planting demolition charges as they evacuate in an orderly manner. They would then level the building to prevent further enemy use.

U S Air Force - The Air Force would secure a building by having the Base Contracting Officer negotiate a three-year lease with a option to purchase.

Last edited by Bilgerat; 11-08-2015 at 02:02 PM.

9. Thanks Gunny, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Elessar, Jeff, NightTrain thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bilgerat View Post
    Gunny, how do we expect the civilians to understand us when we don't even speak the same language between ourselves.

U S Army - The Army would secure a building by locking all doors, put bars on the windows, and establish one entrance with a guard post and armed guards and carefully check the IDs of all personnel who try to enter.

U S Navy and U S Coast Guard - They would secure a building by swabbing all decks, turn off all coffee pots, turn off all lights, lock all office doors, and lock all entrances as they leave the building.

U S Marines - The Marines would secure a building by assaulting it with a combined arms team, breaking into all interior rooms, shooting all resistance, and planting demolition charges as they evacuate in an orderly manner. They would then level the building to prevent further enemy use.

U S Air Force - The Air Force would secure a building by having the Base Contracting Officer negotiate a three-year lease with a option to purchase.

I remember this crap from when I was in San Diego. They deployed Marines to back up the cops during the riots after the Rodney King thing. The cops said "cover us" and we opened fire. We got sent back to base.

11. Thanks Bilgerat, Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    See? Food either sucks to us, or it REALLY sucks. It's fuel. Nothing more. Tasty is not in my vocabulary. What I NEED is.
    That's retarded. There are a handful of things worth living for, and food is one of them. I never use more than one pot, as I am the grill master.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glockmail View Post
    That's retarded. There are a handful of things worth living for, and food is one of them. I never use more than one pot, as I am the grill master.
    You don't know what you're talking about. Don't you wish you did?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

I'll have to give you THAT one.

If a tree falls in the forest, and no one's around to hear it, is the man still to blame?
    YES!!!!!!!!!!! ALWAYS!

Just ask any woman thats lived with a real man and not some wimpy ass imitation.
    They arent right about it but at least they've seen the real deal. And learned that only one person
    has the final say so on truly important life sustaining matters--
    it had better be the one that is charged with protecting and defending the weaker party IMHO!--Tyr
    Last edited by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot; 11-08-2015 at 02:40 PM.
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

15. Thanks Gunny, Drummond, Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

I NEVER GOT FAT BUT GREAT FOOD ONCE WAS A MAJOR PLEASURE...
    But now due to a heart attack back in 2009- I've made a major dietary change-- sadly, eating healthy my friend is rarely ever tasty!
    Now my body weight is only about 2 or 3 pounds more than my perfect weight. And I now have about 98% of my former strength back.
    Some of that 2% loss is due to being in my early 60's methinks. I just haven't the will to exercise to stay in perfect fighting shape any longer. -Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

17. Thanks Gunny, Bilgerat, Drummond, Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    I NEVER GOT FAT BUT GREAT FOOD ONCE WAS A MAJOR PLEASURE...
    But now due to a heart attack back in 2009- I've made a major dietary change-- sadly, eating healthy my friend is rarely ever tasty!
    Now my body weight is only about 2 or 3 pounds more than my perfect weight. And I now have about 98% of my former strength back.
    Some of that 2% loss is due to being in my early 60's methinks. I just haven't the will to exercise to stay in perfect fighting shape any longer. -Tyr
    You had a heart attack? That sucks.

I'm 30 pounds over my "perfect" bodyweight. Was a powerlifter. I STILL work out best as I can. And I'm STILL stronger and bigger than most. But I can't do sh*t I used to be able to do.

I hope I never have a heart attack, and it runs in the family. I hope everything works for you.

19. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Drummond, Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

You don't know what you're talking about. Don't you wish you did?
    Right, because your opinion is the only thing that matters.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bilgerat View Post

Oh Shit.....

That is classic and funny!

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

22. Thanks Bilgerat, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

I don't know. I am from military parents. I spent the 1st 40 years in the military.

I get being self sufficient. I've slept under trucks just because the engine was warm. My "GF" was an M-40A1. If you gave me some canned food I had a "John Wayne" on my dog tags and I'd eat with my fingers if I had to.

Then I listen to people whine about silly crap like they didn't get enough drizzle on their damned pancakes.

So I get it.
    I have several P-38's on me.

Marvelous little tool.

A Deplorable!

24. Thanks Bilgerat, Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Right, because your opinion is the only thing that matters.
    You are rather weird and insulting

A Deplorable!

26. Thanks Bilgerat, WiccanLiberal, Gunny thanked this post