Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Default Johnny Manziel

I think this kid could be a good QB. Yeah he ran his mouth last year when he shouldnt have. But I think he showed potential tonight. He should start the rest of the season so he can gain some experience. Also, some wide outs who can catch above the high school level would be beneficial.

2. Thanks LongTermGuy, Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Johnny could have taken out the Bengals for me last night and did me a solid. He blew it. Now he's dead to me too.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

4. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Johnny could have taken out the Bengals for me last night and did me a solid. He blew it. Now he's dead to me too.
    He would have been dead to you eventually.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Johnny Football doesn't like teams that Employ Michael Vick.... He blew it to Spite you....
    You know, the last time I was in Germany and saw a man standing above everybody else, we ended up disagreeing.

Captain America

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    He would have been dead to you eventually.
    Depends. The average NFL player only lasts 3 years. But let's say it's 6 years. Let's also assume the same division. That would be 12 regular season games. That's not really too many games to lose, especially if they're winning some other games. Plus, suppose the Steelers are like 13-1 and then lose to them, and the Browns don't even make the playoffs that particular year. That loss really wouldn't count in the death column. But it's hard to stay off that list if you're a divisional opponent. Suffice to say, unless you currently play for the Steelers, I hate you.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

8. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Voted4Reagan View Post
    Johnny Football doesn't like teams that Employ Michael Vick.... He blew it to Spite you....
    That's quite possible, and can you blame him? Maybe Johnny owns a few cool dogs. IMO, they should cut him now anyway, free up a roster spot.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

That's quite possible, and can you blame him? Maybe Johnny owns a few cool dogs. IMO, they should cut him now anyway, free up a roster spot.
    You're stuck with the Curse of Vick..... Your season is over....
    You know, the last time I was in Germany and saw a man standing above everybody else, we ended up disagreeing.

Captain America

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Voted4Reagan View Post
    You're stuck with the Curse of Vick..... Your season is over....

12. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

I've been told that Manziel had adequate football skills. It is life skills that he needs to improve on.

14. Thanks Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

He has been demoted to third string. Cleveland wasn't happy with his extra curricular activities this past week. I think his days in Cleveland are numbered.

16. Thanks Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

He has been demoted to third string. Cleveland wasn't happy with his extra curricular activities this past week. I think his days in Cleveland are numbered.
    Yeah, he's done there. He just played awesome against the Steelers too!! And then they name him the starter for the rest of the year - and then he goes out partying where he can be filmed by the paparazzi. What the hell was he thinking? When they pay you millions, you kinda gotta do what they say!! He had drinking issues last year and even went to rehab. I think Pettine stood up for him. Then he does the same thing again. How stupid, sabotaging his career for some champagne.

I don't necessarily think drinking is a big deal, but it is for him as he seems to be an alcoholic, not being able to let go of the partying.

Hope he got a large signing bonus! But I think someone else will take a chance on him anyway.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Yeah, he's done there. He just played awesome against the Steelers too!! And then they name him the starter for the rest of the year - and then he goes out partying where he can be filmed by the paparazzi. What the hell was he thinking? When they pay you millions, you kinda gotta do what they say!! He had drinking issues last year and even went to rehab. I think Pettine stood up for him. Then he does the same thing again. How stupid, sabotaging his career for some champagne.

I don't necessarily think drinking is a big deal, but it is for him as he seems to be an alcoholic, not being able to let go of the partying.

Hope he got a large signing bonus! But I think someone else will take a chance on him anyway.
    I think he will get another shot maybe two. I think he could be a great player. I just dont know if he can keep it together.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

And is it possible that Manziel wants out of Cleveland and is doing this on purpose? Perhaps the Cowboys would take a chance on him.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Perianne View Post
    And is it possible that Manziel wants out of Cleveland and is doing this on purpose? Perhaps the Cowboys would take a chance on him.
    I can see that happening. But then I would have to count on romo getting hurt

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

I can see that happening. But then I would have to count on romo getting hurt
    Romo is 35. Give him a couple more years and he will retire. That would give Manziel time to mature.