Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Johnny Manziel

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Heart sorta breaks for the guy - for his choices. Ryan Leaf v2. Ryan found redemption - I hope Johnny does too.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darin View Post
    Heart sorta breaks for the guy - for his choices. Ryan Leaf v2. Ryan found redemption - I hope Johnny does too.
    I think he could have been great.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    At?
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

How did Leaf find redemption? Getting picked up then cut by the Cowboys? Did he play after that? We were all laughing and joking Jones would sign him ... until he DID. I think Manziel tanked quicker than Leaf, didn't he?
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    How did Leaf find redemption? Getting picked up then cut by the Cowboys? Did he play after that? We were all laughing and joking Jones would sign him ... until he DID. I think Manziel tanked quicker than Leaf, didn't he?
    He did. I don't know if leaf had it in him. But I think if Manziel had cut the horseshit, he could have good.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

He did. I don't know if leaf had it in him. But I think if Manziel had cut the horseshit, he could have good.
    Leaf was good. He was the QB at SDSU when I was stationed in San Diego. He'd been out of the game for over a season when Dallas tried him out. He certainly wasn't who we saw at SDSU.

I think Manziel believes his own hype and hasn't figured out he's got to put in the time at the pro level before he starts going all Terrell Owens in the media. He wants to skip straight to the "bad boy" image. He's got a LONG way to go in that department.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I'm kinda surprised that no one in the CFL would sign him. He is a damn good athlete, and has a canon for an arm. We know he has some serious partying issues though, and giving dedication to the game. But hell, why is is even trying out if he's ill prepared in some manner?

He never would have been a top tier QB, but he could have made some decent money as a 2nd string QB over the years. Instead, he got one signing, and he'll be broke from those millions he made. He was traveling everywhere, private jets, massive parties. He'll be broke and a bum by the time he's 30, what a shame. But if God affords you a talent like that, you have to make the most of it, now blow it off.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

To understand Manziel, you have to understand his privileged upbringing. He became "Johnny Manziel" playing high school in the small Texas town of Kerrville. He then went to Texas A&M, where he did little but play football under Kevin Sumlin, a coach whose program regularly sends more players to jail than the NFL. After winning the Heisman Trophy, Manziel never went to class, as his presence on campus "would create a distraction."
    Even in college, Manziel was known as much for partying and signing autographs for pay as much as playing football.
    Since his conduct was very loosely supervised in high school and college, why is it any surprise that Manziel could not make it in the pros? No one ever bothered to teach him how to be responsible and take care of his business. Since he grew up with everything done for him.
    The NFL doesn't care if you are Johnny Manziel or Colin Kaepernick. If you have talent, a team will sign you. But one bust and you are done.

9. Thanks Black Diamond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Leaf was good. He was the QB at SDSU when I was stationed in San Diego. He'd been out of the game for over a season when Dallas tried him out. He certainly wasn't who we saw at SDSU.

I think Manziel believes his own hype and hasn't figured out he's got to put in the time at the pro level before he starts going all Terrell Owens in the media. He wants to skip straight to the "bad boy" image. He's got a LONG way to go in that department.
    True. Terrell Owens put up huge numbers and then started the horseshit.