Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Perianne View Post
    Romo is 35. Give him a couple more years and he will retire. That would give Manziel time to mature.
    Didn't know romo was that old. I can see this happening now. Good idea.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

The more i think about it, I can totally see Jerry Jones signing Manziel as backup and then starting him next time romo gets hurt.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    The more i think about it, I can totally see Jerry Jones signing Manziel as backup and then starting him next time romo gets hurt.
    I think maybe I would like that. But Cleveland has to release, or trade him, first.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Rumor has it Cleveland is going to release him.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Rumor has it Cleveland is going to release him.
    The writing was on the wall the minute they put him on the concussion protocol last week, which I didn't believe for a moment. No doubt he is done in Cleveland. Not only can't he follow their dumb rules, but somehow he finds folks that want to record him every time. And then this weekend he disappears and ends up in Vegas. Already talk about them taking a QB in next years draft. If they 86 him and go with someone else, that will make like 30 different QB's for them in the past 20 years.

I still think Johnny can be a good QB. For the millions he just needs to stay out of the limelight, time to grow up a little.

And yep, he's already stated he is interested in playing for the Cowboys. And Jerry had stated in the past that he regretted not drafting him.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

I think this kid could be a good QB. Yeah he ran his mouth last year when he shouldnt have. But I think he showed potential tonight. He should start the rest of the season so he can gain some experience. Also, some wide outs who can catch above the high school level would be beneficial.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Johnny could have taken out the Bengals for me last night and did me a solid. He blew it. Now he's dead to me too.
    Manziel is a casualty of the "Cleveland machine". They always get high draft choices and get your ass beat to death. The Cavaliers used to be no better. Danny Ferry got drafted by them and opted to run off and play ball in Europe.

Manziel is also a victim of his own hype. He needs to grow up and learn to read. Lots of QBs come out of college with this stellar superstar rep and end up disappearing within a few years. Art Schlister. Betting on football. That moron from SDSU the Cowboys had for one year. I never can remember his name. The list goes on. OJ Simpson sucked his first year because of his arrogance. I think he led the league in fumbles.

Damn kids need to grow up.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Romo is 35. Give him a couple more years and he will retire. That would give Manziel time to mature.
    NO!!!!! NO "couple more years" for Homo. And I damned sure don't want that immature brat as his replacement.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

8. Thanks Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    NO!!!!! NO "couple more years" for Homo. And I damned sure don't want that immature brat as his replacement.
    Johnny will probably be brought in as a backup initially. Which means in Dallas, he will play at least 12 games
    Last edited by Black Diamond; 01-04-2016 at 12:57 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Johnny will probably be brought in as a backup initially. Which means in Dallas, he will play at least 12 games
    When was the last time Jones busted the purse strings for a quality replacement? Late 90s wasn't it? Then it was Jason Garrett. Lame QB but "yes man" for Jones as coach. The Plowboys haven't done crap but almost get there since Jimmy Johnson left. Switzer basically won their last title with Johnson's team.

I think Manziel is a bust just like Romo aka Dandy White Jr has been so I'm quite sure Jones will hire him.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    I've been told that Manziel had adequate football skills. It is life skills that he needs to improve on.
    You are right, Gabby.

He's too immature and was coddled too long.

He needs to grow up.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

12. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

And is it possible that Manziel wants out of Cleveland and is doing this on purpose? Perhaps the Cowboys would take a chance on him.
    Jerry Jones is idiot enough to take the chance.

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Romo is far over rated, just like Aikman before him. If it was not for suburb offensive lines, neither would have been
    better than average.

And this comes from a life-long Redskins fan.

A Deplorable!

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
    Romo is far over rated, just like Aikman before him. If it was not for suburb offensive lines, neither would have been
    better than average.

And this comes from a life-long Redskins fan.
    Romo isn't over-rated. He's rated as high as his ratings are. The guy wins. Dan Marino never won a SB. Romo isn't Dan, but both had great success overall.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

16. Thanks Perianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

18. Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I read a few days ago that Manziel had tried out and wasn't even signed by a CFL team, too many problems!! Lemme find it...

---

CFL team worked out Johnny Manziel and passed: 'Too many red flags'

The Canadian Football League seems perfect for Johnny Manziel’s redemption. It’s where fellow former Heisman Trophy winner Doug Flutie went to resurrect his career. Maybe Manziel could too.

The problem is that teams are still too skeptical about Manziel. Even CFL teams.

The Hamilton Tiger-Cats worked out Manziel in Buffalo last week, according to TSN in Canada. And TSN reported the Tiger-Cats were “convinced he’s not ready to resume his professional career.”

“Too many red flags,” a source said.

This is from a team that recently hired former Baylor coach Art Briles, who was fired after an investigation into the Baylor athletic department’s handling of sexual assault allegations, only to reverse course when they were criticized for it. Yet, Manziel was too toxic for them.

Manziel seems no closer to being in the NFL than he was the moment the Cleveland Browns cut him, which was May of 2016. Despite a humorous report at this year’s combine of teams showing interest in Manziel, it seems inconceivable that a team would take him on. He was unreliable, uncommitted and didn’t consistently show he was good enough to be an NFL quarterback. He’d have to show he’s more serious about football than partying and also have to show he has improved as a player. He could do both in the CFL, but even the Tiger-Cats apparently questioned whether he wanted to play.

With that door closed, at least with Hamilton, Manziel will have to figure out another path to get into pro football. It’s hard to figure out what that might be.

https://sports.yahoo.com/cfl-team-wo...171348731.html
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock