Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
"He's a nice guy, mom. You and Dad will like him."

The fact that my sister and I used to say the same thing does not make me feel more comfortable.
lol, I remember my sister Heather's first date. Dad insisted it would be dinner at our house, so he could meet Rick. He was all set for making this an extremely intimidating affair, and Heather and I kept smirking about it.

See, rick's an Eagle Scout, so I knew him, and understood that Dad was making a number of assumptions that were not going to hold. So me and Heather hang out in the dining together at the dinner table, so I can "show her my Magic cards" (aka watch the hilarity ensure), when my brother lets him in. Dad's ready, sitting imperiously in his chair... as Rick is forced to duck under the doorframe to get inside. The look on dad's face was priceless.

In the end, it was me who intimidated him, and I hadn't meant to. I'd been working during the summers at Scout Camp as a CIT (Counselor In Training), and Rick had apparently seen me around the archery range, which is where I was teaching. We'd made rather a sport at the range of coming up with shooting challenges, getting more difficulty as our skill levels increased from repetition. One we had done, Rick saw: We set up a bunch of deer targets at different lengths down the range, and as you aimed each shot, a particular body part was called out at random by your opponent. I went 7-for-7 headshots down the line, and had done so at a fairly rapid rate. He hadn't made the last name connection though, til he saw me sitting with Heather, laughing at our dad.