Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    "He's a nice guy, mom. You and Dad will like him."

The fact that my sister and I used to say the same thing does not make me feel more comfortable.
    lol, I remember my sister Heather's first date. Dad insisted it would be dinner at our house, so he could meet Rick. He was all set for making this an extremely intimidating affair, and Heather and I kept smirking about it.

See, rick's an Eagle Scout, so I knew him, and understood that Dad was making a number of assumptions that were not going to hold. So me and Heather hang out in the dining together at the dinner table, so I can "show her my Magic cards" (aka watch the hilarity ensure), when my brother lets him in. Dad's ready, sitting imperiously in his chair... as Rick is forced to duck under the doorframe to get inside. The look on dad's face was priceless.

In the end, it was me who intimidated him, and I hadn't meant to. I'd been working during the summers at Scout Camp as a CIT (Counselor In Training), and Rick had apparently seen me around the archery range, which is where I was teaching. We'd made rather a sport at the range of coming up with shooting challenges, getting more difficulty as our skill levels increased from repetition. One we had done, Rick saw: We set up a bunch of deer targets at different lengths down the range, and as you aimed each shot, a particular body part was called out at random by your opponent. I went 7-for-7 headshots down the line, and had done so at a fairly rapid rate. He hadn't made the last name connection though, til he saw me sitting with Heather, laughing at our dad.
    "Government screws up everything. If government says black, you can bet it's white. If government says sit still for your safety, you'd better run for your life!"
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Why intimidate someone? Poor guy is probably frightened enough as it is.
    My dad never sought to frighten anyone. He was just engage a guy in conversation. My sister brought a guy over once who was dumb as a rock. My dad kept asking him things and he just sat there. Poor guy never came over again.

My husband just makes small talk. He trusts my daughter to make intelligent choices.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Just buy her some condoms. Lots and lots of condums.
    Last edited by glockmail; 11-08-2015 at 12:29 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glockmail View Post
    Just buy her some condoms. Lots and lots of condums.
    I will leave the condoms to your kids. Mine has already decided it is way too soon for that. Guys who disagree will likely find out the true purpose of steel tip shoes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Why intimidate someone? Poor guy is probably frightened enough as it is.
    My dad never sought to frighten anyone. He was just engage a guy in conversation. My sister brought a guy over once who was dumb as a rock. My dad kept asking him things and he just sat there. Poor guy never came over again.

My husband just makes small talk. He trusts my daughter to make intelligent choices.
    In fairness, I wasn't trying to intimidate him. I was fighting for a pack of double stuff oreos. He just happened to see what happens when I've got approriate motivation.
    "Government screws up everything. If government says black, you can bet it's white. If government says sit still for your safety, you'd better run for your life!"
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

I will leave the condoms to your kids. Mine has already decided it is way too soon for that. Guys who disagree will likely find out the true purpose of steel tip shoes.
    My kids are adults. Violence solves nothing and could only get her hurt. You need to teach her how to be safe, with condums of course.
    Last edited by glockmail; 11-08-2015 at 07:29 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glockmail View Post
    My kids are adults. Violence solves nothing and could only get her hurt. You need to teach her how to be safe, with condums of course.
    My daughter is on birth control. For reasons not related to preventing pregnancy.
    She has already learned about birth control, teen pregnancy and other such situations. In fact, one girl in her grade is currently pregnant. Or was. (to which my daughter replied "who is stupid enough to get pregnant in high school?")

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

My daughter is on birth control. For reasons not related to preventing pregnancy.
    She has already learned about birth control, teen pregnancy and other such situations. In fact, one girl in her grade is currently pregnant. Or was. (to which my daughter replied "who is stupid enough to get pregnant in high school?")
    Gabosaurus, as a mother of a daughter myself, I wish the best for you and your daughter. I hope she has a fun date, but not too fun. She sounds like a fine young woman. Tell her to vote for Perianne for president.

9. Thanks Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Perianne View Post
    Gabosaurus, as a mother of a daughter myself, I wish the best for you and your daughter. I hope she has a fun date, but not too fun. She sounds like a fine young woman. Tell her to vote for Perianne for president.
    Alas, the date did not go well. The poor boy was not a good conversationalist. He was a bit conservative and did not like Taylor Swift. A major faux pas among teenage girls.
    Oh well, life is for learning.

Harry Kane of Tottenham just scored a goal. A teenage shriek of excitement resounds through the room. So obviously she is not filled with remorse over last night.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

My dad tried that. My ever rebellious sister just went out without telling anyone.

I allowed it starting this year. Providing that we get to meet the guy first. This is actually the first non-group date she has been on.
    I don't feel near as anxious after meeting the guy. He put up a good front, but my husband could tell the poor guy was petrified. Probably had an upsetting prior experience dating some Marine dad's daughter.
    He was very polite and respectful. He has a 10 pm curfew, so I didn't bother asking when they would be back.
    Nothing you can do. Raised my daughter as a single parent. The only deal I got was because her period was irregular (and horrible) I got her put on the pill. I ran with that excuse like I was OJ.

Can worry all you want and they're going to do what they're going to do. Just like WE did.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

12. Thanks Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Pills don't protect from STDs. Buy her lots of condums, for her safety. Or do you expect the government to do that?
    Last edited by glockmail; 11-08-2015 at 01:27 PM.