Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Two police officers arrested after 6-year-old boy shot, killed in Louisiana

So why isn't the nation in an uproar? This was a CHILD killed, with severe autism. And the killing was done by black police officers. Why is the reaction different? I'm not being racist, I'm dead serious, WHY is the reaction different? Why does this poor little kid basically get forgotten or ignored?

-----

MARKSVILLE, La. — Two police officers in Louisiana are facing murder charges after a 6-year-old boy was shot to death in the front seat of his father’s vehicle, authorities said.

The shooting happened on a dead-end street at the end of a Tuesday night chase in Marksville, a town of about 5,500 about 90 miles northwest of Baton Rouge, authorities said.

It’s unclear why officers pursued or why shots were fired, since investigators say there were no outstanding warrants against the father, Chris Few, and that no firearm was found in his vehicle.

Jeremy Mardis, a first-grader, was hit by five bullets in the head and chest as the officers pursued his father’s car, according to WAFB. His father was hospitalized with gunshot wounds and was listed in critical condition.

“We took some of the body cam footage. I’m not gonna talk about it, but I’m gonna tell you this — it is the most disturbing thing I’ve seen and I will leave it at that,” State Police Col. Michael Edmonson said at a press conference late Friday. “That little boy was buckled into the front seat of that vehicle and that is how he died.”

http://myfox8.com/2015/11/07/officer...-in-louisiana/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks revelarts thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Hit hard as a baby and ignored when he is murdered by cops a few years later by the mainstream media. Disgusting.
    "During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act"
    -George Orwell

Hegelian Dialectic
    Problem-Reaction-Solution

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Christie Brinkley View Post
    Hit hard as a baby and ignored when he is murdered by cops a few years later by the mainstream media. Disgusting.
    Yes, it is. We have issues with the police here, with race & with the media. We've seen it with blacks and whites being shot, black and white police. I blame the media even more here, as they are the ones who get the country in an uproar when it's a white cop shooting a black person, and then get everyone frenzied up to want to riot. Now it's the reverse and you have to search to find out information on what happened.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Disgusting, that race determines coverage/attention.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Yes, it is. We have issues with the police here, with race & with the media. We've seen it with blacks and whites being shot, black and white police. I blame the media even more here, as they are the ones who get the country in an uproar when it's a white cop shooting a black person, and then get everyone frenzied up to want to riot. Now it's the reverse and you have to search to find out information on what happened.
    Notice when the media report white on black crime they always specify the race like

"a white cop shot an unarmed black man"

Why is race important? All people can be attacked by some nut case cop.
    "During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act"
    -George Orwell

Hegelian Dialectic

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Disgusting, that race determines coverage/attention.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christie Brinkley View Post
    Notice when the media report white on black crime they always specify the race like

"a white cop shot an unarmed black man"

Why is race important? All people can be attacked by some nut case cop.
    You both nailed it, and it's HOW it's portrayed, by the media especially. But all of those that go nutso about a cop shooting someone - will they now care? Or is it only when a black person is shot? Or when a white person pulls the trigger?

#white_lives_matter

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

tragic story.

but to your question, um, there's a whole thread full of similar cases on this board and people seem in "an uproar" that folks post only bad stuff about cops. Can we explain that? few seems concerned or believe that this type of story should be in the news, or brought up very much, if at all.

But in general there are whole websites dedicated to documenting events like this. MOST of these stories don't make national news.
    Last edited by revelarts; 11-11-2015 at 11:55 AM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

9. Thanks jimnyc thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    tragic story.

but to your question, um, there's a whole thread full of similar cases on this board and people seem in "an uproar" that folks post only bad stuff about cops.
    Can we explain that?

But in general there are whole websites dedicated to documenting issues like this. MOST of these stories don't make national news.
    I stopped reading that thread at about page 3, and checked in from time to time. And most of them that I did see I was already aware of. (I know that's just me...)

And I wasn't referring to this board and uproars, but rather the nation. I don't see the reactions as even remotely near the same.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I stopped reading that thread at about page 3, and checked in from time to time. And most of them that I did see I was already aware of. (I know that's just me...)

And I wasn't referring to this board and uproars, but rather the nation. I don't see the reactions as even remotely near the same.
    I think the media and President have a lot to do with that

12. Thanks Abbey Marie, jimnyc, Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

First black president and the nation has been put back into 1960's levels of racial tension... this time the 'racism' is mostly imaginary.
    -George Orwell

Hegelian Dialectic

14. Thanks Black Diamond, jimnyc, Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

tragic story.

but to your question, um, there's a whole thread full of similar cases on this board and people seem in "an uproar" that folks post only bad stuff about cops. Can we explain that? few seems concerned or believe that this type of story should be in the news, or brought up very much, if at all.

But in general there are whole websites dedicated to documenting events like this. MOST of these stories don't make national news.
    We are reacting to the disparity in coverage, not whether it should be covered in the first place.

Why have we not heard of this story AT ALL? There were pix of Trayvon Martin at a much younger age than he currently was, plastered all over the news. Here we have an actual 6 year old, and no pictures?
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

16. Thanks jimnyc, Black Diamond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

And Jim i have to say I'm a bit surprised at your view on this event.

Seems the cops had to chased the guy in the car. Then he was trapped in a dead end, then he backed his car into the cops. then the cops fired. That's the story so far.

if that's the case I'm really SHOCKED that you aren't claiming that the shooting here wasn't COMPLETELY justified and that's what the kid gets for being in a car with a criminally stupid father who wouldn't do as the cops said.

You've said similar things on drones strikes where woman and children are killed and the like.

why is this case different?
    Last edited by revelarts; 11-11-2015 at 12:04 PM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    We are reacting to the disparity in coverage, not whether it should be covered in the first place.

Why have we not heard of this story AT ALL? There were pix of Trayvon Martin at a much younger age than he currently was, plastered all over the news. Here we have an actual 6 year old, and no pictures?
    I read about the story the other day and decided not to post it here after i read the circumstances. I didn't think it would get any sympathy. Since people think that a girl walking to slowly and sassing a cop deserves a beat down . A guy slamming his car into cops getting shot surly would not rate a sympathetic ear from this crowd.
    And BTW when i read the story It didn't highlight skin color. i didn't know what color the cops of the child was.
    Doesn't really make a difference to me.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

This story is all over social media.
    Good to see that atleast some police are held to account for their actions.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

And Jim i have to say I'm a bit surprised at your view on this event.

Seems the cops had to chased the guy in the car. Then he was trapped in a dead end, then he backed his car into the cops. then the cops fired. That's the story so far.

if that's the case I'm really SHOCKED that you aren't claiming that the shooting here wasn't COMPLETELY justified and that's what the kid gets for being in a car with a criminally stupid father who wouldn't do as the cops said.

You've said similar things on drones strikes where woman and children are killed and the like.

why is this case different?
    So wait a minute... I made a comment in the past, about a Awlaki being in the car with KNOWN TERRORISTS in Yemen. You somehow think that's the same as a kid being in the back seat with a driver who didn't stop? Perhaps this is different because the kid wasn't with known terrorists, and Dad isn't a terrorist?

Furthermore, the first I heard of this story, they said that Dad posed no threat at all, hence the charges. So why would I condemn Dad?

Only a fucking idiot would compare a driver who wouldn't stop with a terrorist group.