Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    Declassified Israeli cables add evidence USS Liberty no accident
    By Ralph Lopez Nov 14, 2014 in World
    A Special Report by the Chicago Tribune details declassified cables, from the Israeli State Archive, which add further evidence that Israel knew it was attacking an American ship as it attacked the USS Liberty.

Declassified Israeli cables add evidence USS Liberty no accident
    By Ralph Lopez Nov 14, 2014 in World
    A Special Report by the Chicago Tribune details declassified cables, from the Israeli State Archive, which add further evidence that Israel knew it was attacking an American ship as it attacked the USS Liberty.
    1 of 2
    [Chicago Tribune: "New Revelations in Attack on American Spy Ship,"]
    Last month, a new documentary broadcast a tape for the first time, of Israeli military transmissions during the attack, which established that the ship was confirmed to be U.S. by 2:14pm that day, local time. The timeline of the attack establishes that the attack continued for another hour after that time.
    The existence of the tape is confirmed by transcripts published in the Jerusalem Post in 2004.

The cables obtained by the Tribune, and translated from Hebrew to English, are were published in a 2007 special report. They detail exchanges between the Israeli ambassador in Washington and the Israeli foreign minister in Tel Aviv. Five days after the attack, Israeli Ambassador Avraham Harman worried that the deliberate nature of the attack had been uncovered, and cabled Foreign Minister Abba Eban that a source, code-named "Hamlet," had told him that the Americans had:
    "clear proof that from a certain stage the pilot discovered the identity of the ship and continued the attack anyway."
    As the diplomatic uproar over the attack played out, Harman cabled three days later that:
    "the Americans probably have findings showing that our pilots indeed knew that the ship was American."
    One of the sources of the information passed on by the Israeli ambassador was the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, Arthur Goldberg, according to Israeli historian Tom Segev.
    The 1967 attack, which the Israeli government said was an accident, has been festering, with survivors once again unanimously renewing their call for a congressional investigation. The survivors say the attack is the only incident involving major damage to an American ship and great loss of life which has never been accorded such an investigation.
    Instead, the investigation was relegated to a U.S. Navy Court of Inquiry, presided over by Admiral John S. McCain, Jr., father of John McCain, the US senator and former presidential candidate. In 2003 the lead counsel for the Court, Captain Ward Boston, stepped forward to say that the Court had been ordered by President Lyndon B. Johnson and Secretary of Defense Robert McNamara to conclude that the attack had been a case of mistaken identity, "despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary." Captain Boston resigned from the Court before the inquiry was complete. He passed away in 2008.
    Thirty four US servicemen were killed in the attack, and hundreds wounded. In the new documentary "The Day Israel Attacked America," survivors of the attack go on-camera to again recount their memories, and to reiterate their firm conviction, in which they have been joined by a long list of top military and political figures, that the attack was a deliberate attempt to sink an American ship.
    Supporters include former NSA Director Bobby Ray Inman and the late US Secretary of State, under Lyndon Johnson, Dean Rusk. Supporters of the survivors, such as the late Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Admiral Thomas Moorer, say the reason for the attack may have been to blame the sinking of the ship on Egypt, with which Israel was at war at the time. This would have drawn the US into the Six Day War on the Israeli side.

There is little doubt, given the damage and the prolonged nature of the attack, that the Israeli military struggled to sink the ship. Over the course of the hour-and-a-half attack, numerous Israeli jet fighters and high-speed torpedo boats expended over 800 rounds of 30mm cannon, air-to-surface rockets, heat-seeking missiles, napalm bombs, and five torpedoes.
    Toward the end of the attack, Israeli torpedo boats pulled up at close range and machine-gunned the life-boats that were being lowered into the water by the Liberty crew in preparation to abandon ship, beginning with the most severely wounded.
    According to Geneva Article 12, the rules of war prohibit firing upon the wounded, or those attempting to evacuate them, at any time. Such action is considered an international war crime.
    The new documentary, produced and directed by award-winning British film maker Richard Belfield, is riveting in the details recounted by the survivors of the Liberty, such as the clear memory of blood streaming down the hull of the ship, reddening the water. On decks slippery with blood and littered with body parts, the crew fought fires and ship damage in order to keep the Liberty afloat, and tended to wounded, all while many were wounded themselves. Numerous commendations for heroism were awarded to crew members by the Navy, including a Medal of Honor, and then the crew's members ordered never to talk about the attack.
    Supporting the thesis that the action was intended to be blamed on Egypt, and that President Lyndon B. Johnson may have had foreknowledge of it, is the coincidence that the US Sixth Fleet in the Mediterranean was conducting a drill in which warplanes were already equipped with live nuclear weapons. In addition, Admiral of the Fleet Lawrence Geis told another officer on that day that LBJ had recalled two groups of US planes he had sent from his ships to assist the Liberty. Geis told Lieutenant Commander David Lewis, the NSA commander on the Liberty, that in a frantic exchange with Secretary McNamara during the attack, Johnson:
    "came on (the telephone) with a comment that he didn't care if the (Liberty) sunk, he would not embarrass his allies."
    Geis swore Lieutenant Commander Lewis to secrecy while he, Geis, was alive. Lewis honored the request and did not speak until Geis passed in 1980.
    Students of the USS Liberty attack who claim it was a "false flag" operation, in which an attack is intended to be blamed on an enemy in order to accomplish a wartime objective, point out the "Lavon Affair" in w

Read more: http://www.digitaljournal.com/news/w...#ixzz3rNfT9ssn

This has angered me for many, many years my friend and believe me I want retribution for this!!
    I am firmly on Israel's side for its survival--but no way in hell will I forget or forgive them for this attack.
    To date, they have paid no damn price for this and I want them to pay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Not money-- but in blood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-Tyr
    I with you here but I'm not for blood.
    But for a full PUBLIC admission, PUBLIC apology, and reparations and honors to the families.
    And dishonors to those that ordered the attack.

But i have question for the military here?
    If you were ordered to attack an unengaged known ally's ship, plane or troops would you verbally question the order?
    would your follow the order?
    would you expose the order and the attack after you'd done it?
    Last edited by revelarts; 11-14-2015 at 08:20 AM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

2. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    Sorry, buddy, but this "journalist" is a nutjob.

Let's look at a few of his other articles :

http://www.digitaljournal.com/news/w...article/426577

^ Bush family tied to terrorists... lol

http://www.digitaljournal.com/news/w...article/425008

^ Cheney's role in the 9/11 Pentagon attack... lol

http://www.digitaljournal.com/news/w...article/424934

^ Kissinger as a War Criminal... lol

http://www.digitaljournal.com/news/w...article/424470

^ CIA controlling the media... lol

I could go on, but you get the picture.

If anyone is taking up a collection for Ralph Lopez's bad tinfoil habit, I'll contribute. Let's get the young lad some industrial grade stuff - the ordinary household stuff clearly isn't doing shit for him.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Liberty_incident

USS Liberty incident
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    USS Liberty incident
    Part of the Six-Day War
    USS Liberty.jpg
    Damaged USS Liberty one day (9 June 1967) after attack.
    Date 8 June 1967
    Location Mediterranean Sea near Sinai Peninsula[1]
    Result See aftermath
    Participants
    Israel United States
    Commanders and leaders
    Captain Iftach Spector
    Commander Moshe Oren Commander William L. McGonagle
    Strength
    2 Mirage IIIs
    2 Mystères
    3 motor torpedo boats 1 Technical research ship
    Casualties and losses
    None 34 killed
    171 wounded
    1 ship heavily damaged
    [show] v t e
    Six-Day War
    The USS Liberty incident was an attack on a United States Navy technical research ship, USS
    Liberty, by Israeli Air Force jet fighter aircraft and Israeli Navy motor torpedo boats,
    on 8 June 1967, during the Six-Day War.[2] The combined air and sea attack killed 34 crew
    members (naval officers, seamen, two marines, and one civilian), wounded 171 crew members,
    and severely damaged the ship.[3] At the time, the ship was in international waters north
    of the Sinai Peninsula, about 25.5 nmi (29.3 mi; 47.2 km) northwest from the Egyptian city
    of Arish.[1][4]
    Israel apologized for the attack, saying that the USS Liberty had been attacked in error
    after being mistaken for an Egyptian ship.[5] Both the Israeli and U.S. governments conducted
    inquiries and issued reports that concluded the attack was a mistake due to Israeli confusion
    about the ship's identity,[6] though others, including survivors of the attack, have rejected
    these conclusions and maintain that the attack was deliberate.[7]
    In May 1968, the Israeli government paid US$3,323,500 (US$22.6 million 2015) in compensation to
    the families of the 34 men killed in the attack. In March 1969, Israel paid a further $3,566,457
    to the men who had been wounded. On 18 December 1980, it agreed to pay $6 million as settlement
    for the final U.S. bill of $17,132,709 for material damage to Liberty herself plus 13 years'
    interest.[8]
    Both the Israeli and U.S. governments conducted
    inquiries and issued reports that concluded the attack was a mistake due to Israeli confusion
    about the ship's identity,[6] though others, including survivors of the attack, have rejected
    these conclusions and maintain that the attack was deliberate.
    [7]
    I completely disagree . Wiki source cited above and a source of my own--story told to me in the early 80's by a man whose relative( his uncle I believe) was on the ship and injured. He swore the Israeli's knew and we knew they knew , but were sending a message to us. That message was "dont ffkk with us"!!!

And had we tried to defeat them this nation would have been destroyed IMHO... GOD WILL NOT ALLOW ANY OTHER COURSE THAN THE ONE IN THE BOOK OF REVELATIONS IMHO..
    (STILL MY NATIVE AMERICAN BLOOD BOILS AT THEM GETTING BY WITH GUNNING DOWN OUR GUYS AND GETTING BY WITH IT)..
    STILL IT BOILS EVERY TIME THIS SUBJECT COMES UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We should remember that at that time Israel as a modern nation was less than 20 years old and were fighting for their very survival. USA was not at that point its staunch ally.
    I'll go to my grave believing that they knew all along that we spied on them too and they resented that!
    Remember even then , we could not be trusted with secrets! And we had what we thought were ARAB NATIONS AS ALLIES!
    My thinking is either Israel thought or else they knew we were feeding info to both sides(I THINK WE WERE)!
    Remember we were highly, highly, highly dependent on Arab oil!

I GO WITH THE EYEWITNESS ACCOUNTS AND THE JUDGMENT OF THE WOUNDED SURVIVORS OF THAT SHIP.--Tyr
    Last edited by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot; 11-14-2015 at 09:24 AM.
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.