Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Trump Models 'Deportation Force' After Inhumane Eisenhower

I'm sorry, so long as it's simply putting them back where they came from, I don't see it as inhumane. I can't vouch for Trump's plan - but I can say that our country won't be able to handle the amount of immigration we are getting in 50 years or so - and certainly not so if we allow everyone and anyone to simply walk across the border, or come on vacation and never leave. Imagine sneaking into Iran, Yemen, Australia or even Mexico - and then they catch you, and then place you on a plane or ship back here to the USA. How dare they follow laws, and send you right back where you originally came from!

----

It was a presidential directive in the 1950s that carried the offensive yet official name of “Operation Wetback.”

Ordered by President Dwight Eisenhower, its controversial tactics prompted a congressional investigation and was eventually stopped because of the expense. But today the operation is the cornerstone of presidential front-runner Donald Trump’s plan to round up and deport more than 11 million undocumented immigrants living in the United States.

Eisenhower’s program managed to deport almost an estimated 1 million Mexican undocumented immigrants, mostly temporary or seasonal workers, on trains, buses, trucks and even cargo ships, according to the U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS). It’s a program Trump says he will model if elected president, promising MSNBC this morning he will send undocumented Americans home to Mexico using "a deportation force and you're going to do it humanely.”

“[Eisenhower] moved a million and a half illegal immigrants out of this country, moved them just beyond the border,” Trump said during the Tuesday night GOP debate.

But a scholar who has studied Eisenhower’s program says it was neither humane, nor effective. “It was a military-style operation,” Mae Ngai, a professor of history at Columbia University in New York, told ABC News. “They swept through Texas and California and also northern states and cities. Rounded people up, put them on planes, trains and ships. It was very aggressive, but it was really only one half of a program.”

https://gma.yahoo.com/donald-trump-m...opstories.html
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks LongTermGuy, NightTrain, PixieStix thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I'm sorry, so long as it's simply putting them back where they came from, I don't see it as inhumane. I can't vouch for Trump's plan - but I can say that our country won't be able to handle the amount of immigration we are getting in 50 years or so - and certainly not so if we allow everyone and anyone to simply walk across the border, or come on vacation and never leave. Imagine sneaking into Iran, Yemen, Australia or even Mexico - and then they catch you, and then place you on a plane or ship back here to the USA. How dare they follow laws, and send you right back where you originally came from!

----

It was a presidential directive in the 1950s that carried the offensive yet official name of “Operation Wetback.”

Ordered by President Dwight Eisenhower, its controversial tactics prompted a congressional investigation and was eventually stopped because of the expense. But today the operation is the cornerstone of presidential front-runner Donald Trump’s plan to round up and deport more than 11 million undocumented immigrants living in the United States.

Eisenhower’s program managed to deport almost an estimated 1 million Mexican undocumented immigrants, mostly temporary or seasonal workers, on trains, buses, trucks and even cargo ships, according to the U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS). It’s a program Trump says he will model if elected president, promising MSNBC this morning he will send undocumented Americans home to Mexico using "a deportation force and you're going to do it humanely.”

“[Eisenhower] moved a million and a half illegal immigrants out of this country, moved them just beyond the border,” Trump said during the Tuesday night GOP debate.

But a scholar who has studied Eisenhower’s program says it was neither humane, nor effective. “It was a military-style operation,” Mae Ngai, a professor of history at Columbia University in New York, told ABC News. “They swept through Texas and California and also northern states and cities. Rounded people up, put them on planes, trains and ships. It was very aggressive, but it was really only one half of a program.”

https://gma.yahoo.com/donald-trump-m...opstories.html
    There's nothing inhumane about enforcing the law.

4. Thanks LongTermGuy, NightTrain, PixieStix, Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reason10 View Post
    There's nothing inhumane about enforcing the law.
    Law is not morality. Otherwise the Nazis were in the right.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    Law is not morality. Otherwise the Nazis were in the right.
    Do you believe illegal immigration should be illegal, or we should ignore our borders? One or the other would be fine, no lectures.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

7. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Do you believe illegal immigration should be illegal, or we should ignore our borders? One or the other would be fine, no lectures.
    We should not let the mistakes of past years create new mistakes. What I mean by that is, sure, our borders should have been better protected. But they weren't. Now we have a problem. Spending billions hunting down 11 million mostly harmless illegals would be virtually impossible and a huge mistake. Most credible conservative experts agree. It's not feasible and will never happen. There must be a middle ground solution.
    Last edited by pete311; 11-17-2015 at 10:01 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

We should not let the mistakes of past years create new mistakes. What I mean by that is, sure, our borders should have been better protected. But they weren't. Now we have a problem. Spending billions hunting down 11 million mostly harmless illegals would be virtually impossible and a huge mistake. Most credible conservative experts agree. It's not feasible and will never happen. There must be a middle ground solution.
    That's not what I asked...

But in there I do see that you agree that illegal immigration is a crime. Which makes them criminals, at the least. Criminals who then eat up our economy.

Thanks!

10. Thanks NightTrain, LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Yes they committed a crime. The severity is debatable. I don't call a kid who got caught with a joint a criminal. In the end, who is going to pick your produce that you buy at the grocery store? Get ready for prices to sky rocket when farmers have to triple their pay to get lazy Americans to work in their fields.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Yes they committed a crime. The severity is debatable. I don't call a kid who got caught with a joint a criminal. In the end, who is going to pick your produce that you buy at the grocery store? Get ready for prices to sky rocket when farmers have to triple their pay to get lazy Americans to work in their fields.
    The kid IS a criminal. Do you even understand the definition? This is why nitwits like Hillary, they don't understand crime, and have sympathy for criminals, or for those they don't even realize are criminals. And the same old tired argument about who will be in the fields? Good, LET the prices go up if that means getting rid of the crap flowing through our borders, I would HAPPILY pay more. And then we won't have to make up for the resources they use, and the 75 family houses, lack of taxes from paychecks, and the in and out doors of the prisons that we pay for. Adios!

13. Thanks NightTrain, LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

The kid IS a criminal. Do you even understand the definition? This is why nitwits like Hillary, they don't understand crime, and have sympathy for criminals, or for those they don't even realize are criminals. And the same old tired argument about who will be in the fields? Good, LET the prices go up if that means getting rid of the crap flowing through our borders, I would HAPPILY pay more. And then we won't have to make up for the resources they use, and the 75 family houses, lack of taxes from paychecks, and the in and out doors of the prisons that we pay for. Adios!
    I see YOU made 2 new friends.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I see YOU made 2 new friends.
    I love toying with the folks who will roll around in the mud with criminals, just to get a vote. And then vote directly for a criminal. And THEN try and change the definition of a criminal. You can't make this shit up!!

16. Thanks NightTrain thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

I love toying with the folks who will roll around in the mud with criminals, just to get a vote. And then vote directly for a criminal. And THEN try and change the definition of a criminal. You can't make this shit up!!
    You are trying to paint a grey world with white and black paint. These ideas Trump spouts are superficial, but the consequences are deeply complex.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

You are trying to paint a grey world with white and black paint. These ideas Trump spouts are superficial, but the consequences are deeply complex.
    And yet you'll vote for a criminal and piece of shit, that's not very complex.

19. Thanks NightTrain thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

And yet you'll vote for a criminal and piece of shit, that's not very complex.
    Yes I would vote in an intellectually superior criminal over a mentally stunted selfish businessman any day.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Yes I would vote in an intellectually superior criminal over a mentally stunted selfish businessman any day.
    And there you have it, nitwit liberals admitting they will vote for criminals if that's what it takes to get into office. Transparency at it's best. Almost like the "most transparent administration ever" from McChimpy, who ended up being perhaps the worst ever in being transparent. But I'm glad you're no leading the way in being more transparent.

22. Thanks NightTrain thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

There won't be any "hunting" down 11 million, or 8 million, or 30 million, or whatever. The country doesn't even know how many are here.

The wall has to be built. The criminals have got to go. The inner city gangs that are illegals are OUT of here. The Sanctuary Cities have to be defunded and their mayors have to be arrested. Businesses that hire illegals have to be arrested. The welfare rolls need illegals to be purged from the lists. Public schools need to get rid of the children of illegal aliens. California's governor needs to be ARRESTED for violating federal law in giving illegal aliens driver's licenses.

Enforce enough real laws and most illegals will just leave on their own. Cut off the welfare, the jobs, etc. Freeze the bank accounts (which do little but send money back to the families in the home countries), make life very inconvenient for illegals here.

And EVERY Syrian refugee has GOT to be sent back. PERIOD. End of discussion. Letting them in here in the first place was an act of treason.

Bottom line, we either have a country or we don't.

Immigrants are supposed to come here LEGALLY or not at all. The illegals are NOT immigrants. They are an INVASION. And they have to go.