Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by namvet View Post
    now i regret putting this up. learned my lesson
    Why? You've been around long enough to know threads can go anywhere. I already told you where I messed up. These glasses from yesteryear don't work that good. I think it's totally cool. If I had a pic of my dad jumping out of a C-130 it'd be my friggin' avatar. If I had a pic of my grandfather at Operation Overlord it'd DEFINITELY be on here.

Got my respect. I hate destroyers though. They bob around too much. Did you think I was going to be completely nice?
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Why? You've been around long enough to know threads can go anywhere. I already told you where I messed up. These glasses from yesteryear don't work that good. I think it's totally cool. If I had a pic of my dad jumping out of a C-130 it'd be my friggin' avatar. If I had a pic of my grandfather at Operation Overlord it'd DEFINITELY be on here.

Got my respect. I hate destroyers though. They bob around too much. Did you think I was going to be completely nice?
    your my pal Gun ill never think of you as anything other than totally rotten

seemed like it was going way off topic

3. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by namvet View Post
    your my pal Gun ill never think of you as anything other than totally rotten

seemed like it was going way off topic
    Find me a thread here that hasn't. They either die quick or end in left field. Speaking of, when I started playing Little League for the NAS Key West Braves, I played left field.

I HATE frigates. I think it's totally cool you got a pic. Most of my ancestors are vets back to Samuel Adams and I have no pics. I'd LOVE to have some Civil War pics from the 17th Alabama. Complete with the Confederate battle standard. That sucker would be up on display in a second.

I might be an ass, but I'm also a vet. I know what it means. I'm glad you found it. Now don't expect me to be nice for rest of ... the damned year.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Find me a thread here that hasn't. They either die quick or end in left field. Speaking of, when I started playing Little League for the NAS Key West Braves, I played left field.

I HATE frigates. I think it's totally cool you got a pic. Most of my ancestors are vets back to Samuel Adams and I have no pics. I'd LOVE to have some Civil War pics from the 17th Alabama. Complete with the Confederate battle standard. That sucker would be up on display in a second.

I might be an ass, but I'm also a vet. I know what it means. I'm glad you found it. Now don't expect me to be nice for rest of ... the damned year.

6. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Why? You put effort into looking up Truman? The guy who took the military out of the hands of the military? Or is there more to the story?
    .. besides, the photos include Churchill. That justifies them, all on its own ...
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
    .. besides, the photos include Churchill. That justifies them, all on its own ...
    Speaking of Churchill, a few years back I was watching a program about a famous phographer, who was appointed to photograph Churchill. He waited outside the door in the hall of a building where Churchill was at a meeting during the WWII. He waited patiently, camera on tripod, ready. When the meeting was over, the participants came out of the room, Churchill among them. The photographer called to him and asked him if he would stop for a moment to be photographed. Churchill stood still for a moment looking at the camera. He had a cigar in his mouth. The photographer asked him if he would remove the cigar. Churchill just looked at him and didn't move. Finally the photographer walked up to him and took the cigar out of his mouth and went back to his camera and pushed the plunger. Ergo, the famous photograph of Churchill scowling at the camera. He was rather miffed at the affrontery of the photographer.

9. Thanks revelarts thanked this post