Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    If you were married, you would be used to this. Ask Jim.
    Been married twice. More than one way to kick an ass. But I don't hang with women that can actually beat me up. And it was a joke. She's a bantamweight. I'm a heavyweight. I'd never even have to fight her. I just thought it was humorous because I told my GF a week before the Holm Rousey fight I was thinking about checking out this gym a few blocks away. Turns out it's Holm's gym. I might still look but I'm a tad bit old for MMA. I know traditional Asian martial arts and used to kickbox. That rolling on the mat with another dude for 3 5 minute rounds doesn't exactly get me going.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    I'm surprised he didn't break down and cry. He's been Rousey's pimp for a few years. I give White credit for taking the UFC from gutter fighting to actually having rules, but he needs to notch back a few clicks on the hype machine.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Joe Rogan's response to the knockout

“You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Joe Rogan's response to the knockout

I was trying to avoid mentioning HIM again. Might as well have castrated him with a butterknife. He'd have been in less pain.
    Last edited by Gunny; 11-19-2015 at 10:59 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I was trying to avoid mentioning HIM again. Might as well have castrated him with a butterknife. He'd have been in less pain.
    I like him though. I think he's a good announcer for MMA events, he knows his shit. He's also a very funny bastard!! Ever see him do his standup?
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I like him though. I think he's a good announcer for MMA events, he knows his shit. He's also a very funny bastard!! Ever see him do his standup?
    Uhhhh ..... maybe. I know he and White took MMA out of the gutter. It used to be walking idiot bullies like Tank Abbott. I do NOT like their obvious bias. I KNOW I've beat guys on the mat and in the ring and STILL lost because I wasn't the popular guy (go figure ). White and Rogan have ridden Rousey for all she's worth for a few years, AND she was declared immediately eligible for a rematch.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Regardless of who won, I am proud that there are some women out there who can fight! I really think if I had come of age during this time, I would have been interested in MMA.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Perianne View Post
    Regardless of who won, I am proud that there are some women out there who can fight! I really think if I had come of age during this time, I would have been interested in MMA.
    We'll have to disagree on this one. I like women. I don't like ones that are a better man than me. I've known my share. It's a turn off. If that's what they want to do, fine. Power to 'em. Just not my thing.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    We'll have to disagree on this one. I like women. I don't like ones that are a better man than me. I've known my share. It's a turn off. If that's what they want to do, fine. Power to 'em. Just not my thing.
    Gunny, I'm five feet tall. I doubt I could ever be a better man than you, lol. Besides, we women have easier ways to control men!

10. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

I'm glad I hurt my ribs and had to lay off awhile. I went to Jackson's and the tour and everything.

Last night I actually saw the fight. No thanks. Working out is supposed to HELP your self esteem, not get your ass kicked by a girl. That was one wicked round kick to Rousey's head.