Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Default 7-Year-Old Texas Boy Who Donated Piggy Bank to Vandalized Mosque Gets Surprise

7-Year-Old Texas Boy Who Donated Piggy Bank to Vandalized Mosque Gets Surprise
    By AVIANNE TAN
    11 hours ago
    Good Morning America

The 7-year-old boy who donated all the money in his piggy bank to a mosque vandalized in Texas recently had his act of kindness returned.

The young donor, Jack Swanson, went to the Islamic Center of Pflugerville last week after police reported that the mosque had been hit by a vandal who left torn pages of the Koran smeared with feces outside the entrance.

Jack handed over all his money -- $20 he'd apparently been saving in the form of pennies to get an iPad --- according to Faisal Naeem, one of the mosque's board members.

"Jack's $20 are worth $20 million to us because it's the thought that counts," Naeem told ABC News. "Jack is just a little older than my son, Ibrahim. If we have more kind-hearted kids like them in the world, I have hope for our future."

After Jack made national headlines for his generosity, international human rights lawyer and author Arsalan Iftikhar decided to thank him on behalf of the U.S. Muslim community.

He mailed an iPad to Jack, Iftikhar told ABC News today.

"I got in touch with [his mother] Laura through a lady at the mosque I knew, and Laura told me that Jack had been saving up for an iPad by getting 50 cents a chore," he said. "So I shipped an iPad overnight, and he got it the next morning."

Itikhar added that Jack was a "sweet kid" and that he was so touched by the 7-year-old's "message of solidarity" with the Muslim community.

"Dear Jack, you had saved $20 in your piggy bank for an Apple iPad but then a local Islamic mosque was vandalized so you donated your $20 to this local Texas mosque instead," Ifthikar wrote on Facebook. "Because of your amazing generosity & kind heart, please enjoy this Apple iPad with our sincere thanks. Love, The American Muslim Community."

The Facebook post included photos that Jack's mother, Laura Swanson, sent of the 7-year-old's excited reaction upon opening the gift.

Jack's mom did not immediately respond to ABC News' requests for additional comment.
    A glimmer of hope if this wakes up some muslims to the darkness in their holy book.
    For that book teaches that little infidel boy is to be murdered!
    A fact..--Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

2. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Sad that so many Americans support blindly the muslims without ever reading the Koran to get the truth of what the religion truly is!
    And even some that do read and see that brutal truth, blindly say--- but thats not "our" muslims!!
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    A glimmer of hope if this wakes up some muslims to the darkness in their holy book.
    A fact..--Tyr
    ~ "please enjoy this Apple iPad " ~

*No "Glimmer" Of hope....only a small price to pay to hide the deceit... Promote the Ideology... koran and what is written in it...which includes sharia...Mohammed wills it....

Last edited by LongTermGuy; 11-25-2015 at 12:57 AM.

5. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Knowing Muslims, it probably has a small bomb hidden in it, timed to explode on his next birthday. If I am wrong, then it was a good deed.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Jeezus Fing Christ.

Just rejoyce in a moment of joy for some people.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

8. Thanks Kathianne, revelarts, hjmick thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    Jeezus Fing Christ.

Yes, after all, it is the Holiday Season: Joy to the World; Goodwill toward men, and all that...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    A fact..--Tyr
    It was a great gesture. And believe it or not, not all muslims have been radicalized, especially here in the USA. I know that's difficult for you to believe, and trust me, I'm no fan of Islam either. But there's a method to how they get radicalized, and that's why it's so many of them in Islamic countries and rarely here. Maybe things like this is a tipping point. I can go further and further and further into this. But I think I'll leave it at a good gesture on this one so as not to take away from their decent actions to one another.

Maybe another thread about how they get radicalized? The differences in radicalization between here and Islamic lead countries?
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    Jeezus Fing Christ.

"Jeezus Fing Christ"
    *And some Folks will NEVER EVER FORGET!......Relax dmp....just my opinion...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LongTermGuy View Post
    ~ "please enjoy this Apple iPad " ~

*No "Glimmer" Of hope....only a small price to pay to hide the deceit... Promote the Ideology... koran and what is written in it...which includes sharia...Mohammed wills it....

Sad that you are most likely correct in that analysis but remember--God will allow only so much before he acts!
    Islam serves Satan, none of them will escape God's judgment my friend--nay not one!
    And do try not to get me into a "preacher mode" again. --Tyr