Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Let's discuss queers

Can someone give me a convincing argument as to why these vile deviants can refer to themselves as queers for so long now, but I'm considered wrong if I do the same? Sure, feel free to throw in the N word about the blacks too, because it's the same in my book.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

In my young and foolish days, I held a door open for a feminist and she gave me a look that could have iced over an active volcano....

Silly me, being older, I now know better

She really wanted me to slam the door in her ugly face, kick the shit out of her and rape her sorry c***, a$$ and mouth... that way she could be a victim at the hands of a member of the oppressive patriarchy.... instead I showed her an act of kindness

I deprived her of the one joy she had left in her life
    How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin. - Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KarlMarx View Post
    In my young and foolish days, I held a door open for a feminist and she gave me a look that could have iced over an active volcano....

Silly me, being older, I now know better

She really wanted me to slam the door in her ugly face, kick the shit out of her and rape her sorry c***, a$$ and mouth... that way she could be a victim at the hands of a member of the oppressive patriarchy.... instead I showed her an act of kindness

I deprived her of the one joy she had left in her life
    Geeze, Karl. She said all that with a look? Maybe she just had a bad attitude, which isn't gender specific. Good thing you're just angry and no a violent rapist.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Said1 View Post
    Geeze, Karl. She said all that with a look? Maybe she just had a bad attitude, which isn't gender specific. Good thing you're just angry and no a violent rapist.
    I don't think the woman actually want to be treated that way... I was using hyperbole to get the point across....

The point I was trying to make is that apparently, some groups LIKE being called "queer", "bitch", "nigger" etc, because they WANT to be victims.

It seems like that is how they define themselves.
    How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin. - Ronald Reagan

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

If groups weren't Victims, they couldn't as-easily justify their higher rates of Crime.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

And all those hate-crimes laws would gather dust. Can't have that, now.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KarlMarx View Post
    In my young and foolish days, I held a door open for a feminist and she gave me a look that could have iced over an active volcano.........
    You should have simply given her a little pat on the ass as she walked through- to help her justify her assumption that you were a sexist pig.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

It's not just men this happens to. I have had the same rude response to holding the door open for women. Now, if I have time, I size up the person first, and decide if I think they will respond well to my holding the door for them. It's not a 100% thing, but I can often predict well.

Btw, many of us women still appreciate courtesy from men.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    And all those hate-crimes laws would gather dust. Can't have that, now.
    I wonder.....

just HOW does hate crime legislation square with the equal protection clause of the 14th Amendment?????

or for that matter....

how does the "Fairness Doctrine" NOT violate free speech protections under the First Amendment?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Can someone give me a convincing argument as to why these vile deviants can refer to themselves as queers for so long now, but I'm considered wrong if I do the same? Sure, feel free to throw in the N word about the blacks too, because it's the same in my book.
    Lol Good luck Jimmy! Can't wait to see the nutjobs view on this one.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

To defuse an insulting term you must appropriate it. "Nigger" is an insult but many blacks <-- can I say that or do I have to say "African-American"? I do say "whites" in referring to Caucasians so I think I should be able to say "blacks" because I'm not intending to insult. Okay, back to my point. The term "Nigger' has been appropriated and it's now "Nigga" or "Niggaz" and it's used by blacks towards blacks. If a white tries to use it to a black it's perceived as being a racial insult. Complete appropriation has been achieved. Blacks can use it, whites can't.

"Queer" used to be an insult. I think its origins are in British social language. Homosexuals (doesn't that sound terribly proper?) used to be sneered at as "queers". It was used as a double-entendre for humour - such as in:

1. "I'm feeling a little queer"
    2. "Is he objecting?"

"Queer" here takes advantage of the British double-meaning. "Queer" in this sense can mean "unwell". So speaker 1 is saying on one level "I'm feeling a little bit unwell". Speaker 2 though is taking it to the other level by suggesting that speaker 1 is fondling a homosexual. That's the humour.

Now, homosexuals have deliberately appropriated the perjorative term "queer" and have not quite taken the ownership that blacks have of "Nigger" but are on the way. So they can refer to themselves as being queer or queers and in fact you can study "Queer Culture" at some universities. I hardly ever hear anyone say "Queer" though, Gay is much more common and is in use in officlal language. Gay, so I've been told, is an acronym for "Good As You", a term of queer defiance that has gained widespread acceptance and use. We use the term gay without realising that it's a term of defiance used by homosexuals.
    "Unbloodybreakable" DCI Gene Hunt, 2008

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glockmail View Post

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I think it has something to do with "owning" the word that "degrades" you and turning it around into something non degrading.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by diuretic View Post
    To defuse an insulting term you must appropriate it. "Nigger" is an insult but many blacks <-- can I say that or do I have to say "African-American"? I do say "whites" in referring to Caucasians so I think I should be able to say "blacks" because I'm not intending to insult. Okay, back to my point. The term "Nigger' has been appropriated and it's now "Nigga" or "Niggaz" and it's used by blacks towards blacks. If a white tries to use it to a black it's perceived as being a racial insult. Complete appropriation has been achieved. Blacks can use it, whites can't.

"Queer" used to be an insult. I think its origins are in British social language. Homosexuals (doesn't that sound terribly proper?) used to be sneered at as "queers". It was used as a double-entendre for humour - such as in:

1. "I'm feeling a little queer"
    2. "Is he objecting?"

"Queer" here takes advantage of the British double-meaning. "Queer" in this sense can mean "unwell". So speaker 1 is saying on one level "I'm feeling a little bit unwell". Speaker 2 though is taking it to the other level by suggesting that speaker 1 is fondling a homosexual. That's the humour.

Now, homosexuals have deliberately appropriated the perjorative term "queer" and have not quite taken the ownership that blacks have of "Nigger" but are on the way. So they can refer to themselves as being queer or queers and in fact you can study "Queer Culture" at some universities. I hardly ever hear anyone say "Queer" though, Gay is much more common and is in use in officlal language. Gay, so I've been told, is an acronym for "Good As You", a term of queer defiance that has gained widespread acceptance and use. We use the term gay without realising that it's a term of defiance used by homosexuals.
    Interesting and well thought out argument, but queers have already appropriated the word "fag". Therefore they don't get to appropriate another. Next thing you know they'll be approriating the word "dicklicker". We need to draw the line somewhere, or else they will approriate more and more of the English language. Give them and inch and they'll take a mile, as Mum used to say.

If they want queer, then they have to give us back fag.