Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    Of course, you're right. You're always right. Why should I bother to think a little friendly advice would make any difference to someone who doesn't want to get friendly advice? Forget all that I said. You know better.
    I'm not always right and have said no such thing. I don't get the same kind of medical treatment you do. I get Dr Frankenstein honing his craft in the military where he can't be sued. And I've seen the results.

I'd love to have some hi-tech shit. Maybe someone ought to notify our CinC? Or the morons that passed that Omnibus Bill? I can at least suck it up still. Lot of people out there can't and they need help more than I do. Why do you think I haven't asked for any? I know the procedures are out there. Maybe somebody ought to share.

You know how many Drs won't take Tricare because the government rips them off? I had to drive 60 miles one way in IL just to get to a Dr that would accept it, and had to waive the 30 minute rule or I'd get dropped. Once the government is done with u, we just get tossed in the trash. Reminds me of a woman I know.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I'm not always right and have said no such thing. I don't get the same kind of medical treatment you do. I get Dr Frankenstein honing his craft in the military where he can't be sued. And I've seen the results.

I'd love to have some hi-tech shit. Maybe someone ought to notify our CinC? Or the morons that passed that Omnibus Bill? I can at least suck it up still. Lot of people out there can't and they need help more than I do. Why do you think I haven't asked for any? I know the procedures are out there. Maybe somebody ought to share.

You know how many Drs won't take Tricare because the government rips them off? I had to drive 60 miles one way in IL just to get to a Dr that would accept it, and had to waive the 30 minute rule or I'd get dropped. Once the government is done with u, we just get tossed in the trash. Reminds me of a woman I know.

Been using Tricare since it's inception, and with S.S. since I turned 65. I've heard all those stories, and somebody has been feeding you bad info. Have never had a civilian doctor who won't take Tricare. The ripoff depends on how hard you want to always play the victim.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    Been using Tricare since it's inception, and with S.S. since I turned 65. I've heard all those stories, and somebody has been feeding you bad info. Have never had a civilian doctor who won't take Tricare. The ripoff depends on how hard you want to always play the victim.
    Not bad info. Depends on where you live. And I don't know where you live. Tricare North sucks. Tricare South was pretty cool. Tricare West seems to be okay. I have NO idea why the doctors in IL wouldn't take Tricare. My best guess is they present the government or whoever is underwriting Tricare where you are and the government pays them what they want to rather than what they are billed. I've looked at the bills. Got a separate binder for them. They never get paid what they charge.

I lived right outside Peoria and I had to drive halfway to Chicago to get a dr that would take it. Trust me, I'd have been a lot happier if I could have just driven the 15 miles to Peoria but no one there would accept it. I have no reason to make it up. I'm just relating an experience. I lived there for 3 years. I had no trouble in San Antonio because there are a few bases there. There's an AFB where I am. The stuff I said about my ex is true as well.

I'm not in a position to be unable to get about. It's that simple. Got nothing to do with you and my comments aren't meant in any way personally toward you. I don't need back surgery. I need a hip and knee replaced.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PixieStix View Post
    I read recently about one the do in the lumbar spine that they now drill a hole in it. OMG.

I am so sorry for your pain. Prayers for you as well.

Did they call that stimulator a "tens unit"?
    It's similar to a tens unit, but it is all internal and it is much more powerful. Like I said it felt great when they first did it, I am sure it;s scar tissue or something like that messing with me know.
    Never look down on someone unless you are helping them up

5. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    It's similar to a tens unit, but it is all internal and it is much more powerful. Like I said it felt great when they first did it, I am sure it;s scar tissue or something like that messing with me know.
    You probably violated every damned rule the dr told you not to.

7. Thanks Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    You probably violated every damned rule the dr told you not to.
    Let's just say my Doc kind of just shrugs before he walks into the door.
    Never look down on someone unless you are helping them up

9. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Let's just say my Doc kind of just shrugs before he walks into the door.

As long as he's not crying on the way out!

After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

11. Thanks Jeff thanked this post