Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    I challenge anyone here, to surf the internet blogs over, THOROUGHLY, and find one that is more lenient towards it's members than here.

Take your time.
    Hey, I know a place that used to be pretty cool that I won't go back to.
    They got the 'I'm in charge, like it or not, play my game and kiss my ass or I will crush you like a bug' disease.
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. P View Post
    They got the 'I'm in charge, like it or not, play my game and kiss my ass or I will crush you like a bug' disease.
    ...and it's TERMINAL..IMO.

(stealing YOUR line...yes.. )
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I challenge anyone here, to surf the internet blogs over, THOROUGHLY, and find one that is more lenient towards it's members than here.

Take your time.
    I can think of two right off the top of my head that are way more lenient than here.

Justplainpolitics.com and fullpolitics.com

that didn't take any time at all!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Where other boards (DU) simply ban you because of which party you follow...
    Freerepublic and Sean Hannity's board are known for doing that too.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Take your time.
    I think boards that allow free speech and are lenient towards its members are the best. But that's another topic. So PR do you have any thoughts in general on moderators or admins who abuse their powers or have selective standards when applying the rules? If so I'd like you to share your opinion regarding those types of people.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. P View Post
    Hey, Mr. P! I know a place like that too!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manfrommaine View Post
    I can think of two right off the top of my head that are way more lenient than here.

Justplainpolitics.com and fullpolitics.com

that didn't take any time at all!
    The first is a board that a member from USMB created, no1tovote4. The rules there, both written and implemented, are the same that I had at USMB. They are likely the same here in spirit. Good board though, I agree, and Doug's a good guy! He's also a member here.

Fullpolitics looks like fullcrap to me, no offense. With no moderators, and one forum for politics in total, it just seems like too much involvement in one place, and a bit of chaos. I can't fairly assess that, as I'm not a member there, but that wouldn't appeal to me.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dirt mcgirt View Post
    So PR do you have any thoughts in general on moderators or admins who abuse their powers or have selective standards when applying the rules? If so I'd like you to share your opinion regarding those types of people.

The boards generally belong to the Admins (not in this case - it belongs to ONE admin). Frankly, Board Owners are FREE to do whatever the hell they want.

I'm on rx8club.com - once I made a comment in a thread saying "Moderators who abuse their powers...etc" I was banned for 3 days. Because an admin thought I was OBVIOUSLY talking about HIS moderators. He reversed the ban, after I chatted with him...But that board is ONE example where moderators/admins have done VERY silly things, IMO. I still participate because, 'generally' I like the board and the ppl there.

People need to get over their ideas they are somehow OWED something from forum Moderators/Admins.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbalicious View Post
    Freerepublic and Sean Hannity's board are known for doing that too.
    I've gotten some decent articles from Freerepublic in the past but didn't even know they had forums. As for Hannity, don't listen to him nor listen, so can't comment. I think it's a shame if ANY political forum bans for affiliation, and sends out a shitty message to not only those opposed but those who agree too (or at least I'd like to think so)

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Oh - another thing which pisses me off...Boards who have a 'zero tollerance' policy. It's SUCH bullshit.

Case-by-case basis rules the day, IMO.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

OH! Another thing I hate...TRAFFIC COPS...Not them per se...just their job.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nienna View Post
    Hey, Mr. P! I know a place like that too!
    Small world, ain't it?

Above the Best

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I was once banned by the admins at the now defunct Ogrish.com - and the best part was that they LOOKED for trolls in one forum, and had no rules, and I still found a way to get banned! LOL I debated everyone on everything and was basically racist against anything that lived. I pretty much grated on everyone's nerves. The admin stopped in, and I told him to go eat some monkey shit too. They finally got tired of me and banned me and my IP address - and this was after 2 days!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I was once banned by the admins at the now defunct Ogrish.com - and the best part was that they LOOKED for trolls in one forum, and had no rules, and I still found a way to get banned! LOL I debated everyone on everything and was basically racist against anything that lived. I pretty much grated on everyone's nerves. The admin stopped in, and I told him to go eat some monkey shit too. They finally got tired of me and banned me and my IP address - and this was after 2 days!
    So this means you know a troll when ya see one. Right?

Above the Best

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The first is a board that a member from USMB created, no1tovote4. The rules there, both written and implemented, are the same that I had at USMB. They are likely the same here in spirit. Good board though, I agree, and Doug's a good guy! He's also a member here.

Fullpolitics looks like fullcrap to me, no offense. With no moderators, and one forum for politics in total, it just seems like too much involvement in one place, and a bit of chaos. I can't fairly assess that, as I'm not a member there, but that wouldn't appeal to me.
    the question was what boards are more lenient to their members. JustPlain Politics is a great site and Doug is a great guy and, unlike here, does not play favorites. Fullpolitics might be all you say, but they are more lenient than here which was the question asked.