Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    At least we can keep it "one man one woman" in this thread.
    Women are like Democrats. "Oh look, there's a bird" while they fuck you over. Don't pay attention to what's happening. Look at the bird.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    Was it the lying or the cheating that bothered you more?
    The combo of both...

And leaving me with the kid while she played around.
    I had to worry about 12 hour night shifts every two weeks.
    Plus the fact I tracked her down and caught her.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

3. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Feels like trolling...

Did you even read the post?

Please feel free to start a thread about same sex marriages and how to make them last. I am sure we will all be fascinated.
    Give up on this one. He's hopeless.

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Nuke and I have been married forever and I'd say the most important thing to remember in a relationship is respect.

Respect for their feelings, beliefs and ideas even if you disagree. Honestly and loyalty are a given for a long relationship as well, but I think to many people fail to appreciate the respect they need to have for differing opinions.

I'm sure you guys have noticed that Nukeman has strong opinions and if we couldn't come together and if not agree, at least agree to disagree and respect that the other person has the right to their opinions we wouldn't have lasted as long as we have.

​fortunately he usually agrees that I'm right. Such a smart man.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trigg View Post
    Nuke and I have been married forever and I'd say the most important thing to remember in a relationship is respect.

Respect for their feelings, beliefs and ideas even if you disagree. Honestly and loyalty are a given for a long relationship as well, but I think to many people fail to appreciate the respect they need to have for differing opinions.

I'm sure you guys have noticed that Nukeman has strong opinions and if we couldn't come together and if not agree, at least agree to disagree and respect that the other person has the right to their opinions we wouldn't have lasted as long as we have.

​fortunately he usually agrees that I'm right. Such a smart man.
    I am glad he is married to you. He said he was married to someone in here. I thought it might be Abbey until Russ blew that theory.
    Thought maybe nuke and Gaby were unequally yoked.

7. Thanks Trigg, Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Don't feel too lonely in the boat. I raised my daughter alone from the age of 9 until she joined the Army at 20.
    My son is now working on his Doctorate in Physical Therapy.

A Deplorable!

9. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Feels like trolling...

Did you even read the post? I was specifically talking about men and women and how they treat each other as men and women. That would be as members of the opposite sex. It's not a tough concept. And it by definition has nothing to do with men living with men or women living with women.

Please feel free to start a thread about same sex marriages and how to make them last. I am sure we will all be fascinated.
    No trolling, or need for another thread, all these concepts that you deem important in heterosexual relationships (honesty, respect, understanding etc) are exactly the same as non-heterosexual relationships.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    No trolling, or need for another thread, all these concepts that you deem important in heterosexual relationships (honesty, respect, understanding etc) are exactly the same as non-heterosexual relationships.
    I just can't anymore. If you do not see a difference between men and women, there is no point discussing the concept of this thread with you.

So, for everyone else- back to the point of the thread- I think we need to remember the simple fact that the person we are living with, being of a different gender, is different from us- likely has some different needs and wants. And we need to act accordingly if we want them to be happy. Our men want to know they are respected as men. Our women want to be treasured as women. And no amount of gender blurring or PC nonsense will ever change that.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

12. Thanks Noir, Drummond, Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

I'm sure lots of things do, and I'm not an expert. Mutual respect is a biggie.

How about this:
    Women should remember we are married to a Man.
    Men should remember we are married to a Woman.
    With all that entails.

The person you took those vows with is not your roommate or old buddy.

Thoughts?

*ETA: I am only addressing hetero marriages, obv. I have NO idea how these things work when you are same sex.
    Love your other half.
    Think of your other half in all things.
    Plan as if only death will part you from your other half.
    Be nice to other half-even when angry.
    Kiss you other half every chance you get .
    And pray.

11 years, has worked like a charm. After two failed marriages, first one was for 3 and half years, second one
    24 years, this old dog has learned a few things.- --Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

14. Thanks Abbey Marie, Drummond, LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    Love your other half.
    Think of your other half in all things.
    Plan as if only death will part you from your other half.
    Be nice to other half-even when angry.
    Kiss you other half every chance you get .
    And pray.

11 years, has worked like a charm. After two failed marriages, first one was for 3 and half years, second one
    24 years, this old dog has learned a few things.- --Tyr
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

16. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, WiccanLiberal thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I'm sure lots of things do, and I'm not an expert. Mutual respect is a biggie.

How about this:
    Women should remember we are married to a Man.
    Men should remember we are married to a Woman.
    With all that entails.

The person you took those vows with is not your roommate or old buddy.

Thoughts?

*ETA: I am only addressing hetero marriages, obv. I have NO idea how these things work when you are same sex.
    You're asking the un-answerable!

I'm married 21 years and have no flipping idea really how we survived this far.

The differences between man and women is what keeps so many of us together. I look to my wife for the tender things, for the type of love only a woman can offer. I go to her for the knowledge that only a woman can possess. The knowledge of being loved by that woman is indescribable. What it does to the man, is simply makes him better.

Compromise. Mutual respect. Admiration.

And I think Robin Williams nailed it in this flick. It's those "Idiosyncrasies". Well worth a few minutes of your life, at least for some input as to understand marriage. So what makes a perfect marriage? "Are you perfect for one another".

“You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    You're asking the un-answerable!

I'm married 21 years and have no flipping idea really how we survived this far.

The differences between man and women is what keeps so many of us together. I look to my wife for the tender things, for the type of love only a woman can offer. I go to her for the knowledge that only a woman can possess. The knowledge of being loved by that woman is indescribable. What it does to the man, is simply makes him better.

Compromise. Mutual respect. Admiration.

And I think Robin Williams nailed it in this flick. It's those "Idiosyncrasies". Well worth a few minutes of your life, at least for some input as to understand marriage. So what makes a perfect marriage? "Are you perfect for one another".

I'm gonna be sick if you keep this ass-kissing up. Geez.

19. Thanks jimnyc thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Default My thoughts

Respect matters. Both given and received. And learn to govern your tongue. Before you criticize, think. Figure out what s really bothering you and say it in a self-focused way. What I mean is tell the other person how you feel about whatever is going on rather than just saying "You are always doing...whatever" It frustrates V4R a bit sometimes since I will stew about something for a bit before expressing myself. But I would prefer to be sure of what I want to say first.

21. Thanks LongTermGuy, Abbey Marie, PixieStix thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Since I will soon have 47 years of experience in being married to THE SAME PERSON.
    We learned early on.

Always be honest with each other.

Do not keep secrets from one-another.

Remember; money will always be a part of nearly every argument you may have. So,
    keep one-another informed about spending, bills, and the needs each of you may have.

If you spoke VOWELS when you married. Keep reminding yourself those words MEANT something.

And, if you share a faith in a religion. Use that faith as your guide in being respectful to one-another.

No two people will always agree on everything, nor will you like what someone else does.
    Do not allow your complaints about each other to Gather into many complaints. When something
    upsets you. DEAL WITH IT THEN. Putting it off, then using many complaints during an argument
    NEVER WORKS.

All of you may laugh at this but...NEVER GO TO BED MAD AT EACH OTHER. Never!
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

23. Thanks PixieStix, jimnyc, Abbey Marie, Gunny, Russ thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    Since I will soon have 47 years of experience in being married to THE SAME PERSON.
    We learned early on.

Always be honest with each other.

Do not keep secrets from one-another.

Remember; money will always be a part of nearly every argument you may have. So,
    keep one-another informed about spending, bills, and the needs each of you may have.

If you spoke VOWELS when you married. Keep reminding yourself those words MEANT something.

And, if you share a faith in a religion. Use that faith as your guide in being respectful to one-another.

No two people will always agree on everything, nor will you like what someone else does.
    Do not allow your complaints about each other to Gather into many complaints. When something
    upsets you. DEAL WITH IT THEN. Putting it off, then using many complaints during an argument
    NEVER WORKS.

All of you may laugh at this but...NEVER GO TO BED MAD AT EACH OTHER. Never!
    My husband went to sleep mad at me about money. I told him that I loved him before going to sleep. The next morning he was killed. He left without saying goodbye.
    Last edited by PixieStix; 12-05-2015 at 09:59 PM.
    We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language, for we intend to see that the crucible turns our people out as Americans, of American nationality, and not as dwellers in a polyglot boarding-house; and we have room for but one soul loyalty, and that is loyalty to the American people. ~Theodore Roosevelt~

25. Thanks Gunny, Perianne, Abbey Marie, Elessar, Russ thanked this post