Reported just minutes ago on the domestic BBC News channel, on our 10PM news, and which appears to be a breaking news story ... a report which says that Donald Trump has called for a total, complete ban on Muslims entering the US !

According to the report, Trump has called for this in response to large numbers of Muslims having hatred towards America.

They switched over to a report from the BBC's Washington correspondent, Nick Bryant ... who began his report by waving an A4 sheet of paper in front of the camera - which he said was a Press release from Donald Trump's HQ ... and said that when it first arrived in their Inboxes about an hour ago, it was thought to be a joke .. nobody took it seriously, thinking it was an attempt to parody Trump and couldn't be for real. But they've since confirmed that it's genuine.

'A total and complete shutdown on Muslims entering the US, until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on'
. This is Bryant's quote from the Press release.

Bryant goes on to say that it's been 'condemned as racist demagoguery' by a number of groups there, not least from a number of Muslim groups in America, who've said 'We are now entering into the realms of the fascist'.

The White House has commented ... says that 'This statement is contrary to US values'.

Bryant concludes his report by saying that this type of comment from Trump usually propels him into a front-runner position in the race to the White House .. but - Bryant concludes by saying 'Many people will say this isn't the road to the White House, but this is the gutter'.

Bryant doesn't SAY who'd say that .. I get the impression that this is a bit of ad-hoc 'balanced' reporting (as balanced as it gets from the BBC) slung into the mix by Bryant's team. The report ended.

A quick disapproving scowl from Huw Edwards (anchorman for the News show) .. they sometimes don't bother to hide such things .. and he moved on to the next item.

Folks, a comment from me .. I'm impressed ! I'm sure British politicians wouldn't have the freedom to arrange such a ban, even if they were ever inclined to implement one !! I'll no doubt be learning of some White House vitriol on this one in the days to come ...