Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Default Implied Consent

Journalist Adam Liptak wrote for The New York Times 11 December 2015:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The Supreme Court agreed on Friday to decide whether states can make it a crime for motorists suspected of drunken driving to refuse breath, blood or urine tests. Thirteen states have such laws. ...In 2013, in Missouri v. McNeely, the Supreme Court ruled that the police investigating a drunken-driving incident must generally obtain warrants before drawing blood without consent. The state laws get around that ruling by making refusal to consent to testing a separate crime. State officials justify those laws in part on the ground that drivers have given their consent to be tested as a condition of being permitted to drive.

The defendants in the new cases say the laws violate the Fourth Amendment’s ban on unreasonable searches and seizures. Under the Minnesota law, people convicted of refusing to be tested can face a mandatory minimum sentence of three years — and up to seven years — even if they are never convicted of drunken driving.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

article

2. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, revelarts thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

It's good to see a REAL American standing up for the Constitution and Bill of Rights for a change. There are just too many so-called "Americans" who are so toadified, and into their privileges granted to them by the State, that we have arrived at this type of situation by default.

4. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by indago View Post
    It's good to see a REAL American standing up for the Constitution and Bill of Rights for a change. There are just too many so-called "Americans" who are so toadified, and into their privileges granted to them by the State, that we have arrived at this type of situation by default.
    There are just too many so-called "Americans" who are so toadified,
    Perfect! "Toadified", . Couldnt have said it better myself! -Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Yeah. We need more drunk drivers out there.

When the good of the whole is threatened by the acts of few, then common sense, not word games with the law should be used. If you're all over the place and you act and smell drunk -- if it walks like a duck ...

People like you crack me up. You wonder why the cops can't protect you but YOU are the ones that make it that way tying their hands behind their backs with your silly-ass semantics.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post

When the good of the whole is threatened by the acts of few, then common sense, not word games with the law should be used. If you're all over the place and you act and smell drunk -- if it walks like a duck ...

People like you crack me up. You wonder why the cops can't protect you but YOU are the ones that make it that way tying their hands behind their backs with your silly-ass semantics.
    Yes, it's a given that you would shit on the Constitution and Bill of Rights...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Yes, it's a given that you would shit on the Constitution and Bill of Rights...
    Actually, you got that ass-backwards. I'm a Constitutionalist. I also have common sense when it comes to applying the law. You don't. You're a cop hater no matter what. Your singular viewpoint is as worthless as anyone else's. You're fixated on blaming authority for the acts of criminals.

Well, all I can say is DOn't be a f-ing bad guy and no one's going to bother you.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

9. Thanks Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

"If you're all over the place and you act and smell drunk", then it is a given that you should be taken off the road as a danger to others on the road. There is nothing anywhere in the OP that declares otherwise. Besides your reading comprehension problem, what other infirmities do you harbor?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

"If you're all over the place and you act and smell drunk", then it is a given that you should be taken off the road as a danger to others on the road. There is nothing anywhere in the OP that declares otherwise. Besides your reading comprehension problem, what other infirmities do you harbor?
    I still believe your defiance of L.E. says you have something to hide.

If a law or statute protects the majority, then it should stand pat.

You twist the Constitution to serve your own agenda.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Journalist Adam Liptak wrote for The New York Times 11 December 2015:
    The Supreme Court agreed on Friday to decide whether states can make it a crime for motorists suspected of drunken driving to refuse breath, blood or urine tests. Thirteen states have such laws. ...In 2013, in Missouri v. McNeely, the Supreme Court ruled that the police investigating a drunken-driving incident must generally obtain warrants before drawing blood without consent. The state laws get around that ruling by making refusal to consent to testing a separate crime. State officials justify those laws in part on the ground that drivers have given their consent to be tested as a condition of being permitted to drive.

The defendants in the new cases say the laws violate the Fourth Amendment’s ban on unreasonable searches and seizures. Under the Minnesota law, people convicted of refusing to be tested can face a mandatory minimum sentence of three years — and up to seven years — even if they are never convicted of drunken driving.

article

Does that 4th amendment apply BEFORE, or AFTER a drunk driver has killed someone while DUI???
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Why do so many embrace the constitution concerning alleged drunk drivers, but want to immediately assume that certain people are "terrorists" because of their names or nationalities?

Any laws that can cut down the number of impaired drivers on the roads are good ones. Our laws are WAY too lenient on drunk drivers.
    Anyone causing fatalities while driving impaired should be charged with murder.
    It is ridiculous to see drivers with multiple DUI convictions still out on the road. Anyone convicted of a second DUI should lose their license for at least five years. Preferably while in prison.

14. Thanks Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    Why do so many embrace the constitution concerning alleged drunk drivers, but want to immediately assume that certain people are "terrorists" because of their names or nationalities?

Any laws that can cut down the number of impaired drivers on the roads are good ones. Our laws are WAY too lenient on drunk drivers.
    It is ridiculous to see drivers with multiple DUI convictions still out on the road. Anyone convicted of a second DUI should lose their license for at least five years. Preferably while in prison.
    Well stated, Gabby.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Because if you don't want to be considered a terrorist, don't be a Muslim or have the name Mohammed. duh.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

And when you sent that proposal to your legislators, what did they say?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

You know, if someone assumed I was a bald white redneck with a moustache and gotee, Would I be guilty? Let's see, would it be Wranglers and boots, the camo hat, Marine Corp t--shirts or the big f-ing red pickup that gave me away?

19. Thanks Perianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

You wonder why the cops can't protect you...
    Point out where I ever wondered that, oh seer of things unseen!