Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Gulf war Veteran murders family

http://news.uk.msn.com/Article.aspx?...mentid=2701121

A Gulf War veteran has admitted brutally executing four members of his own family after "flipping".

Loner David Bradley shot his uncle, aunt and two cousins at close range with a silenced 7.65mm handgun.

Peter and Josie Purcell, both 70, and their sons Keith, 44, and Glen, 41, were all shot in the head at close range at their home in Newcastle upon Tyne last July.

Bradley admitted four counts of manslaughter on the grounds of diminished responsibility after two psychiatrists agreed the ex-soldier was mentally ill at the time of the killings.

He pleaded guilty on the morning that his murder trial was due to begin at Newcastle Crown Court.

Detectives said the massacre happened because Bradley "flipped", began smashing up the house and then fought with his cousin Keith.

It resulted in Bradley killing his family over a five-hour period on the night of July 8 and 9 at their home in the West End of Newcastle.

The former Royal Artillery private, who served in the first Gulf War, Bosnia and Northern Ireland, shot father-of-six Peter and Keith immediately, before lying in wait for his aunt Josie and cousin Glen. After the killings, Bradley stayed in the house.

Then at 5.55am - fully-laden with an arsenal of weapons, including a home-made nail bomb, sawn-off shotgun, silenced pistol and ammunition - he walked to his local police station on Westgate Road to calmly surrender to police. Bradley was immediately arrested on suspicion of murder.

Armed police went to 45 Benwell Grove and at 7.37am they went inside and discovered the bodies of the Purcells.

I didn't know where to post it so shove it wherever you like.

The media over here is trying to say his experiences in the army were the cause of his illness, I don't know if that is true in his case yet but it is quite common for ex servicemen to crack up after leaving the armed services.

This happened about 15 miles away from me.
    Last edited by Roomy; 01-29-2007 at 10:49 AM. Reason: Telling you where to shove it.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Gawd - They SURE ARE Playing up the 'soldier' part...geesh.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roomy View Post
    http://news.uk.msn.com/Article.aspx?...mentid=2701121

A Gulf War veteran has admitted brutally executing four members of his own family after "flipping".

Loner David Bradley shot his uncle, aunt and two cousins at close range with a silenced 7.65mm handgun.

Peter and Josie Purcell, both 70, and their sons Keith, 44, and Glen, 41, were all shot in the head at close range at their home in Newcastle upon Tyne last July.

Bradley admitted four counts of manslaughter on the grounds of diminished responsibility after two psychiatrists agreed the ex-soldier was mentally ill at the time of the killings.

He pleaded guilty on the morning that his murder trial was due to begin at Newcastle Crown Court.

Detectives said the massacre happened because Bradley "flipped", began smashing up the house and then fought with his cousin Keith.

It resulted in Bradley killing his family over a five-hour period on the night of July 8 and 9 at their home in the West End of Newcastle.

The former Royal Artillery private, who served in the first Gulf War, Bosnia and Northern Ireland, shot father-of-six Peter and Keith immediately, before lying in wait for his aunt Josie and cousin Glen. After the killings, Bradley stayed in the house.

Then at 5.55am - fully-laden with an arsenal of weapons, including a home-made nail bomb, sawn-off shotgun, silenced pistol and ammunition - he walked to his local police station on Westgate Road to calmly surrender to police. Bradley was immediately arrested on suspicion of murder.

Armed police went to 45 Benwell Grove and at 7.37am they went inside and discovered the bodies of the Purcells.

I didn't know where to post it so shove it wherever you like.

The media over here is trying to say his experiences in the army were the cause of his illness, I don't know if that is true in his case yet but it is quite common for ex servicemen to crack up after leaving the armed services.

This happened about 15 miles away from me.

I think he did it because he was a Brit! It is quite common for Brits to crack up, ya know, especially when they return to the motherland after being someplace else.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

It's necessary to spin the military angle of this to show how evil the military is.

He's using the military aspect to put the blame on something other than himself. He can't take responsibility for his own actions.

If Britain has such strick gun control laws where did this guy get the arsenal he had?
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    It's necessary to spin the military angle of this to show how evil the military is.

He's using the military aspect to put the blame on something other than himself. He can't take responsibility for his own actions.

If Britain has such strick gun control laws where did this guy get the arsenal he had?

You know that's silly, right?

Newspapers write to sell papers. If the person had done something good, they'd have played up the military angle, too.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post

Probably took them off a dead Iraqi

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CSM View Post
    I think he did it because he was a Brit! It is quite common for Brits to crack up, ya know, especially when they return to the motherland after being someplace else.

I kill someone after every holiday abroad.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jillian View Post
    You know that's silly, right?

Newspapers write to sell papers. If the person had done something good, they'd have played up the military angle, too.
    Negative, the papers are out to sell their agenda. And anti-military is a major part of their agenda. If the person had done something good it would never have been mentioned that he was in the military.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Of course you do! And every soldier kills his family immediately upon returning from a war zone! It is, as you say, "common"!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Probably took them off a dead Iraqi
    Ah, very possibly true! Of course, the strict anti-gun laws prevented that!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CSM View Post
    Ah, very possibly true! Of course, the strict anti-gun laws prevented that!
    I don't think theft, smuggling or owning illegal firearms would worry a man that murders his family, do you?

You should embrace England, afterall we allowed you to 'be'

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

I don't think theft, smuggling or owning illegal firearms would worry a man that murders his family, do you?

You should embrace England, afterall we allowed you to 'be'
    LOL! You allowed us to "be" after we kicked you out of the country. You even came back for a second try and got your butts kicked by a bunch of hillbillies! Oh yeah, then we went over and saved your bacon from a Charlie Chaplin look alike. Guess we allowed you to "be" in the end!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Did you go to Florida yet, Roomy? I thought you were supposed to go sometime soon...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Edited thread title from 'muders' to 'murders'. Was starting to annoy me

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

fwiw, I bet the guy drove a car from time to time. Perhaps the author should have said:

An Automobile driver has admitted brutally executing four members of his own family after "flipping".

Bradley admitted four counts of manslaughter on the grounds of diminished responsibility after two psychiatrists agreed the driver was mentally ill at the time of the killings.

The former Ford Mondeo driver, who got his license at age 19, shot father-of-six Peter and Keith immediately, before lying in wait for his aunt Josie and cousin Glen. After the killings, Bradley stayed in the house.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.