Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Default My Son the Jihadi

I watched this today. As a Mother. My heart broke for this woman. My heart however did not break for the son.

We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language, for we intend to see that the crucible turns our people out as Americans, of American nationality, and not as dwellers in a polyglot boarding-house; and we have room for but one soul loyalty, and that is loyalty to the American people. ~Theodore Roosevelt~

2. Thanks Perianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PixieStix View Post
    I watched this today. As a Mother. My heart broke for this woman. My heart however did not break for the son.

Needs to be dragged out back and have his ass beat.

Let's look at the other side of the coin. OUR politically correct, permissive society allows this crap. We aren't allowed to teach kids right from wrong anymore because they can just call the police on us and WE get busted. So I don't feel a whole bunch sorry for the mother. Maybe if his ass had been taken out to the cedars to pick his own switch a few times he might've got a clue about right from wrong.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

4. Thanks Drummond, Jeff, Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post

Let's look at the other side of the coin. OUR politically correct, permissive society allows this crap. We aren't allowed to teach kids right from wrong anymore because they can just call the police on us and WE get busted. So I don't feel a whole bunch sorry for the mother. Maybe if his ass had been taken out to the cedars to pick his own switch a few times he might've got a clue about right from wrong.
    Did you watch the video? I am a mom. I understand her dilemma. I am not sure she did anything wrong, except. I think she raised her 2 boys in a home without a belief in a God. That is the one thing that stood out to me. To me that is WRONG.

By the way her son is dead. He was killed (thankfully) when him and his terrorist buddies attacked a village. His Mom did not have his body flown back to Britain. She is and was extremely ashamed of him. And yet still he was her son. She said she wad both relieved and saddened by his death. He needed his Dad in his life. But Dad decided to abandon his 2 sons.

I agree with the sparring the rod. This is why my son has never been in trouble a day in his life. But then again,I think he was just born good
    We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language, for we intend to see that the crucible turns our people out as Americans, of American nationality, and not as dwellers in a polyglot boarding-house; and we have room for but one soul loyalty, and that is loyalty to the American people. ~Theodore Roosevelt~

6. Thanks Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Did you watch the video? I am a mom. I understand her dilemma. I am not sure she did anything wrong, except. I think she raised her 2 boys in a home without a belief in a God. That is the one thing that stood out to me. To me that is WRONG.

By the way her son is dead. He was killed (thankfully) when him and his terrorist buddies attacked a village. His Mom did not have his body flown back to Britain. She is and was extremely ashamed of him. And yet still he was her son. She said she wad both relieved and saddened by his death. He needed his Dad in his life. But Dad decided to abandon his 2 sons.

I agree with the sparring the rod. This is why my son has never been in trouble a day in his life. But then again,I think he was just born good
    I didn't say I blame the mom. I blame the society. And each child needs to be treated according to what affects them. I could look at my oldest daughter a certain way/act disappointed and she would burst into tears. My youngest could care less, but she was like me ... restrict her to her room with no TV? Torture.

But our children are not from our time. Seems to me we felt a lot less entitled and were too busy doing real things to get all this goofy, backwards idealism going.

Our young are growing up listening to idiots like Obama who hate anything we do that is right and puts us on top. It's a shame. This used to be such a nice place. In the 60s and 70s.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

8. Thanks Elessar, PixieStix thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post

I cannot much disagree with your POV.

I was tempted to start a thread about Justin Bieber's behavior and how he apparently missed a lot of
    guidance and leadership, or, spankings when he was younger.
    Last edited by Elessar; 01-12-2016 at 05:37 PM.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Honestly cannot disagree with you either. Faith is a very real power and influence.

My wife deserted me and our son, because her boyfriends were more important.

I only swatted my boy twice - once when he stepped out into traffic, the other when he sassed me.
    He said "That did not hurt". I told him he'd better hope it doesn't if I have to do it again.
    He has come out very good, actually excellent. He is working on his Doctorate in Physical Therapy now.

Spanking is sometimes only an excuse a parent uses when they themselves have failed to lead
    and guide a child. Not true in all cases, though.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

11. Thanks PixieStix thanked this post