Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Some tough games to pick!! Gonna have to wait a few more days and see how injury reports pan out. Lotsa injuries as of late.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks LongTermGuy, Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Some tough games to pick!! Gonna have to wait a few more days and see how injury reports pan out. Lotsa injuries as of late.
    What do the Bengals have against Ben's shoulder? That's some cheap sh*t. Going after someone's injury is as low-class as it gets.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

4. Thanks Elessar, LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Perianne View Post
    Nope You were 2-2. You got Pittsburgh and Seattle right.
    @Elessar
    Ohh..boo-boo on my part! Sowwy!
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    What do the Bengals have against Ben's shoulder? That's some cheap sh*t. Going after someone's injury is as low-class as it gets.
    I could not agree more.

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

7. Thanks Gunny, LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
    I could not agree more.
    Hey, I don't mind hitting someone like a freight train, but you're talking about someone's livelihood. That ain't part of playing a game.

In the KC-Houston game, one of the KC defenders got away with a textbook martial arts forearm to Hoyer's head as he was going down. And it was a total cheap shot. Where were the ref's on THAT one and where's the NFL today fining and/or suspending that KC Chief? They were up 30-0 so what exactly was the point?
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

9. Thanks Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Read about the scumbag who did it - Vontaze Burfict, and go and watch the videos on the linked page. This thug has a LONG history of cheap shots. Look at the videos of this year when he was twisting ankles of Cam Newton, Olsen and other players. And he was find again just last week for a head to head shot on another WR.

---

Vontaze Burfict is facing a suspension for his hit on Antonio Brown Saturday night, reports Adam Schefter. While the shoulder-to-helmet hit may not have necessitated this discipline in a vacuum, Burfict had another questionable play in that game, and has a history with the Steelers in general, as well as a history of other dicey plays.

On the sack of Ben Roethlisberger that sent the quarterback to the locker room with a separated shoulder, Burfict (who led the league in unnecessary roughness penalties this season, and had 22 “flagrant” penalties in 37 games at Arizona State) appeared to knee him after he was already down:

urfict, who is an immensely talented player, went low on Roethlisberger when the Bengals played the Steelers in Week 14:

After that game, Pittsburgh players refused to shake Burfict’s hand; the linebacker was fined almost $70,000 for the low hit (which went uncalled), as well as two unnecessary roughness penalties.

It was Burfict whose tackle in Week 8 put star running back Le’Veon Bell out for the year:

While the play in and of itself was not dirty, Steelers players took exception to Burfict’s celebration of it. “He’s that type of guy,” said Steelers offensive lineman Ramon Foster. “That type of guy gets his sooner or later. So, wait and see, I guess. He’s that type of guy, period. If you’re on the field with him, you know what I mean by that. They’ll play it off; he’ll act dumb about it. But you don’t run across the field hyped, celebrating, jumping up and down when a guy goes down like that.”

Burfict also had this helmet-to-helmet hit on Maxx Williams of the Ravens in Week 17 (on the bottom of the screen):

“I think instances like that that are so clearly premeditated that he had in his mind if those opportunities, that he was going to try to attack not only guys’ legs, but guys who were coming off ankle problems specifically, there’s no room for it,” said Olsen. “I think the punishment needs to go beyond a fine. Guys like that don’t learn from that stuff. He’s been fined a hundred times for head hunting, and he did it to Kelvin (Benjamin) again. You watch the film, that’s just what he is.”

http://thebiglead.com/2016/01/11/von...of-dirty-play/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Read about the scumbag who did it - Vontaze Burfict, and go and watch the videos on the linked page. This thug has a LONG history of cheap shots. Look at the videos of this year when he was twisting ankles of Cam Newton, Olsen and other players. And he was find again just last week for a head to head shot on another WR.

---

Vontaze Burfict is facing a suspension for his hit on Antonio Brown Saturday night, reports Adam Schefter. While the shoulder-to-helmet hit may not have necessitated this discipline in a vacuum, Burfict had another questionable play in that game, and has a history with the Steelers in general, as well as a history of other dicey plays.

On the sack of Ben Roethlisberger that sent the quarterback to the locker room with a separated shoulder, Burfict (who led the league in unnecessary roughness penalties this season, and had 22 “flagrant” penalties in 37 games at Arizona State) appeared to knee him after he was already down:

urfict, who is an immensely talented player, went low on Roethlisberger when the Bengals played the Steelers in Week 14:

After that game, Pittsburgh players refused to shake Burfict’s hand; the linebacker was fined almost $70,000 for the low hit (which went uncalled), as well as two unnecessary roughness penalties.

It was Burfict whose tackle in Week 8 put star running back Le’Veon Bell out for the year:

While the play in and of itself was not dirty, Steelers players took exception to Burfict’s celebration of it. “He’s that type of guy,” said Steelers offensive lineman Ramon Foster. “That type of guy gets his sooner or later. So, wait and see, I guess. He’s that type of guy, period. If you’re on the field with him, you know what I mean by that. They’ll play it off; he’ll act dumb about it. But you don’t run across the field hyped, celebrating, jumping up and down when a guy goes down like that.”

Burfict also had this helmet-to-helmet hit on Maxx Williams of the Ravens in Week 17 (on the bottom of the screen):

“I think instances like that that are so clearly premeditated that he had in his mind if those opportunities, that he was going to try to attack not only guys’ legs, but guys who were coming off ankle problems specifically, there’s no room for it,” said Olsen. “I think the punishment needs to go beyond a fine. Guys like that don’t learn from that stuff. He’s been fined a hundred times for head hunting, and he did it to Kelvin (Benjamin) again. You watch the film, that’s just what he is.”

http://thebiglead.com/2016/01/11/von...of-dirty-play/
    Thing is, I'd go out of my way to f*ck him up. I forget who the idiot was that gave Jim Kiick a cheap shot and put him out for the season. I think it was Fred Williamson of the Chiefs. Two plays later Larry Csonka breaks free, has a straight shot for the end zone and diverts his path to run Williamson over. You used to could do that.

Lester Hayes was just as bad. Paralyzed Daryl Stingley and bragged about it.

There's no call for that kind of shit. Play the game. Because that's what it is ... a game.

12. Thanks jimnyc, Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Lester Hayes and the Raiders of that day, oh man, now THAT was some seriously cheap shot bastards back then! And yeah, this "defenseless receiver" stuff, it used to be that you get a badge of honor of you knocked someone silly. But there is a difference between nasty ass hard hits that have ill effects - and someone who isn't looking to hit hard, but looking to be cheap and purposely hurt. And that's this Burfict character.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Lester Hayes and the Raiders of that day, oh man, now THAT was some seriously cheap shot bastards back then! And yeah, this "defenseless receiver" stuff, it used to be that you get a badge of honor of you knocked someone silly. But there is a difference between nasty ass hard hits that have ill effects - and someone who isn't looking to hit hard, but looking to be cheap and purposely hurt. And that's this Burfict character.
    I totally agree. I knock you silly. Football, in the ring ... but I've never cheap shotted anyone. I HAVE retaliated. Believe THAT. There's a difference between playing hard and playing dirty. This one lineman kept spearing me in the shins with his helmet. I finally gave him two warnings. Two plays later he had to be replaced.

Unfortunately for me, his replacement was a guy I powerlifted with at the gym. Needless to say, we played our own game the rest of the night.

I actually didn't see the Steelers game. I thought it was on Sunday for some reason. I was sick all week and playing dead cockroach on the couch so who knows why. The crap from that KC Chief was unnecessary as Hell. You got a 30-0 lead, what's the point to a cheap shot? Anyone think Hoyer is going to make a miraculous comeback from a 30 point deficit in the late 4th quarter? I don't think he can even score 30 points. He can't throw worth sh*t, that's for sure.

15. Thanks Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Hey, I don't mind hitting someone like a freight train, but you're talking about someone's livelihood. That ain't part of playing a game.

In the KC-Houston game, one of the KC defenders got away with a textbook martial arts forearm to Hoyer's head as he was going down. And it was a total cheap shot. Where were the ref's on THAT one and where's the NFL today fining and/or suspending that KC Chief? They were up 30-0 so what exactly was the point?
    Street Punk Thug mentality!

A Deplorable!

17. Thanks Gunny, Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Sissy !!!

Maybe Ben raped his sister or something
    Never look down on someone unless you are helping them up

19. Thanks Gunny, jimnyc thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Sissy !!!

Maybe Ben raped his sister or something
    I hate you.

And now it seems as if he is hurt more than originally stated, some torn ligaments. day to day as to whether he plays at all. And they said Brown may not play either.

21. Thanks Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

I hate you.

And now it seems as if he is hurt more than originally stated, some torn ligaments. day to day as to whether he plays at all. And they said Brown may not play either.
    If that throwback doesn't play I'll be surprised. He reminds me of ...... me. Only he's bigger. Injuries have killed the Steelers this year. Go figure. Back in the 70s they won two in a row, didn't make 75 because injuries decimated the team. Then won 2 more.

If it wasn't FUBAR they wouldn't know how to act.

23. Thanks Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

I hate you.

Well now Jim I did pick them to win in the picks, and did so just for you.
    Never look down on someone unless you are helping them up

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

I hate Peyton Manning. Pittsburgh has to beat him.

26. Thanks Jeff thanked this post