Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Default Time to End Radical Islam Political Correctness

Time to End Radical Islam Political Correctness

In accordance with a ten year plan of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) to implement United Nations’ Resolution 16:18 which criminalizes all criticism of Islam worldwide, the U.S. House of Representatives issued H. Res. 569 condemning violence, bigotry, and “hateful rhetoric” toward Muslims in the United States.

This proposal comes on the heels of Attorney General Loretta Lynch’s post San Bernardino promise to prosecute anyone guilty of anti-Muslim speech. It is clear that Ms. Lynch is firing a canon at a fly.

According to FBI’s annual Uniform Crime Report, there were 1014 hate crime incidents motivated by religious bias in 2014. Of those, 154 – 15.2 percent — were anti-Islamic.

More than half were anti-Jewish incidents.

Not only is this yet another example of the Obama administration exaggerating minor threats, but it suggests as well an ignorance or callous avoidance of the First Amendment.

Progressive elites have accused those who condemn Muslim extremism of being extremists themselves — claiming that censure of radical Islam is an indiscriminate criticism of all Muslims.

Here is an example of what progressives would call “Islamophobia,” dubbed appropriately by Andrew Cummins as a word “created by fascists, used by cowards, to manipulate morons.”

According to a 2013 Pew Research Survey, 10 percent of Muslims (160 million) support religiously motivated violence against civilians in certain situations. Fifteen percent believe that execution is justified for apostasy and almost 23 percent justify killing women who have extramarital sex.

Since 9/11, there have been well over 20,000 terrorist attacks connected to Islam.

Why then do progressive elites accuse critics of radical Islam as Islamophobic? According to French Prime Minister Valls this tactic is a weapon by Islam’s apologists to silence their critics. It is a cudgel of political correctness to silence the opposition.

What has emerged with this campaign of political correctness is a frontal assault on free speech. In this emerging paradigm if you criticize Islam, you are a racist.

Islam is rendered off limits except for accolades, or, at least, neutral acceptance.

This attempt to silence voices of opposition and critical analysis has gained adherence as the House Resolution would suggest. Clearly a resolution is not an Act and presumably members of the Senate will reject this proposal; nonetheless, it is worrisome that a Republican led House would even entertain the idea of opposing anti-Muslim speech.
    Special: Halle Berry Shocks World With New Look and 27 Year old Man
    Every American, obviously including Muslims, has an inalienable right to live without fear and intimidation and practice religious ideas without interference.

The issue is the practice of one’s faith that may be incompatible with provisions of the Constitution, including upholding the laws of the land and expecting citizen compliance with these laws.

Tashfeen Malik and Syed Pizwan Farook who killed 14 of Farook’s co-workers and wounded dozens of others in San Bernardino, California were radicalized in a mosque according to recent reports.

They did not respect the laws of this land, despite the fact Farook was an American citizen.

Here is the rub. Muslims are free to pursue their faith, but when radicalization occurs that challenges national security and our way of life, censure is appropriate.

This isn’t Islamophobia; it is common sense. The rhetoric should be condemnatory even if many House members don’t see it that way.

Free speech isn’t only light and sweet; it represents the harsh dimensions of life.

The concern about Islamophobia is part of cultural degradation.

Several years ago, the philosopher Mortimer Adler said, “A culture is not killed by political conflicts, even when they attain the shattering violence of modern warfare, not by economic revolutions, even when they involve the dislocations of modern mass uprisings.

"A culture dies of diseases which are themselves cultural. It may be born sick, as modern culture was, or it may decay through insufficient vitality to overcome disruptive forces present in every culture, but in any case, cultural disorder is a cause and not an effect of political and economic disturbance which beset the world today.”

If Adler is right, one might ask how can the culture be inoculated against a political correctness that protects potential violence and erodes the foundations of the nation?

Herbert London is president emeritus of Hudson Institute and author of the books "The Transformational Decade" (University Press of America) and "Decline and Revival in Higher Education" (Transaction Books). Read more reports from Herbert London
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

2. Thanks Elessar, Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post

In accordance with a ten year plan of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) to implement United Nations’ Resolution 16:18 which criminalizes all criticism of Islam worldwide, the U.S. House of Representatives issued H. Res. 569 condemning violence, bigotry, and “hateful rhetoric” toward Muslims in the United States.

This proposal comes on the heels of Attorney General Loretta Lynch’s post San Bernardino promise to prosecute anyone guilty of anti-Muslim speech. It is clear that Ms. Lynch is firing a canon at a fly.

According to FBI’s annual Uniform Crime Report, there were 1014 hate crime incidents motivated by religious bias in 2014. Of those, 154 – 15.2 percent — were anti-Islamic.

Not only is this yet another example of the Obama administration exaggerating minor threats, but it suggests as well an ignorance or callous avoidance of the First Amendment.

Progressive elites have accused those who condemn Muslim extremism of being extremists themselves — claiming that censure of radical Islam is an indiscriminate criticism of all Muslims.

Here is an example of what progressives would call “Islamophobia,” dubbed appropriately by Andrew Cummins as a word “created by fascists, used by cowards, to manipulate morons.”

According to a 2013 Pew Research Survey, 10 percent of Muslims (160 million) support religiously motivated violence against civilians in certain situations. Fifteen percent believe that execution is justified for apostasy and almost 23 percent justify killing women who have extramarital sex.

Since 9/11, there have been well over 20,000 terrorist attacks connected to Islam.

Why then do progressive elites accuse critics of radical Islam as Islamophobic? According to French Prime Minister Valls this tactic is a weapon by Islam’s apologists to silence their critics. It is a cudgel of political correctness to silence the opposition.

What has emerged with this campaign of political correctness is a frontal assault on free speech. In this emerging paradigm if you criticize Islam, you are a racist.

Islam is rendered off limits except for accolades, or, at least, neutral acceptance.

This attempt to silence voices of opposition and critical analysis has gained adherence as the House Resolution would suggest. Clearly a resolution is not an Act and presumably members of the Senate will reject this proposal; nonetheless, it is worrisome that a Republican led House would even entertain the idea of opposing anti-Muslim speech.
    Every American, obviously including Muslims, has an inalienable right to live without fear and intimidation and practice religious ideas without interference.

The issue is the practice of one’s faith that may be incompatible with provisions of the Constitution, including upholding the laws of the land and expecting citizen compliance with these laws.

Tashfeen Malik and Syed Pizwan Farook who killed 14 of Farook’s co-workers and wounded dozens of others in San Bernardino, California were radicalized in a mosque according to recent reports.

They did not respect the laws of this land, despite the fact Farook was an American citizen.

Here is the rub. Muslims are free to pursue their faith, but when radicalization occurs that challenges national security and our way of life, censure is appropriate.

This isn’t Islamophobia; it is common sense. The rhetoric should be condemnatory even if many House members don’t see it that way.

Free speech isn’t only light and sweet; it represents the harsh dimensions of life.

Several years ago, the philosopher Mortimer Adler said, “A culture is not killed by political conflicts, even when they attain the shattering violence of modern warfare, not by economic revolutions, even when they involve the dislocations of modern mass uprisings.

"A culture dies of diseases which are themselves cultural. It may be born sick, as modern culture was, or it may decay through insufficient vitality to overcome disruptive forces present in every culture, but in any case, cultural disorder is a cause and not an effect of political and economic disturbance which beset the world today.”

If Adler is right, one might ask how can the culture be inoculated against a political correctness that protects potential violence and erodes the foundations of the nation?

Herbert London is president emeritus of Hudson Institute and author of the books "The Transformational Decade" (University Press of America) and "Decline and Revival in Higher Education" (Transaction Books). Read more reports from Herbert London
    I'll call 'em ragheads if I damned well want to. A bunch of criminals have more 1st Amendment Rights than I? I think not.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

4. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

UN resolution to protect muslim murderers and abrogate completely our free speech rights!!
    Yes folks, thats exactly what obama has signed on for too!
    And he is vying for and will get the gig as the next top bastard at the ffing UN.
    All proceeding according to the globalist plan...
    take their guns, make 'em bow to Allah!!!
    Thats the muzzy /globalist pact that works to destroy all of us! Fact not fiction .. -Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

6. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I'll call 'em ragheads if I damned well want to. A bunch of criminals have more 1st Amendment Rights than I? I think not.
    They are working on disarming you so they can in future come to destroy you for expressing your free speech rights!
    This is real and solidly in the works -not a conspiracy theory!
    I saw this coming many years ago, even long before my , I Take My Stand, thread presented here over 3 years ago.
    All of which has now been clearly proving that I was right in my comments in that very long thread and my critics then were dead wrong!-Tyr
    Last edited by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot; 01-12-2016 at 11:12 AM.

8. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

They are working on disarming you so they can in future come to destroy you for expressing your free speech rights!
    This is real and solidly in the works -not a conspiracy theory!
    I saw this coming many years ago, even long before my , I Take My Stand, thread presented here over 3 years ago.
    All of which has now been clearly proving that I was right in my comments in that very long thread and my critics then were dead wrong!-Tyr
    Bubba, they ain't disarming me. When in Rome .... I live about 150 miles from the border. I'll be armed, one way or the other. I will NOT obey a tyrannical edict that violates the actual law.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

10. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

It doesn't appear to be specifically for Islam.

Combating intolerance, negative stereotyping and stigmatization of, and discrimination, incitement to violence, and violence against persons based on religion or belief
    http://geneva.usmission.gov/wp-conte...ution16-18.pdf

Perhaps you have a more updated draft.

BTW, stupid UN. :shakesfist:
    "when socialism fails, blame capitalism and demand more socialism." - A friend
    "You know the difference between libs and right-wingers? Libs STFU when evidence refutes their false beliefs." - Another friend
    “Don't waste your time with explanations: people only hear what they want to hear.” - Paulo Coelho

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fj1200 View Post

From Tyr's previous quote:

What do you say, FJ ? Would you rather a climate exist where these things aren't criticised, condemned, where Islam has enshrined into edict immunity from culpability in the eyes of the world's critics ??

Perhaps, in such a 'Newspeak' sort of climate, viewing Islamic terrorists as 'human beings' might ultimately become a 'credible' act ?
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

13. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

^^^^ Try reading it again..-Tyr

I did not see Christian or Jew mentioned, nor even Hindu....
    WalMart sells reading glasses for about 12 bucks. -Tyr

15. Thanks Drummond, Perianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
    From Tyr's previous quote:
    That's not related to the UN Resolution.

Why? I read it correctly the first time. That isn't what the UN Resolution says which is why I went to the source. Do you have an updated draft? Also, are you aware that House Resolutions do not have the force of law? Not that it criminalized anything anyway.

Resolved, That the House of Representatives—(1) expresses its condolences for the victims of anti-Muslim hate crimes;
    (2) steadfastly confirms its dedication to the rights and dignity of all its citizens of all faiths, beliefs, and cultures;
    (3) denounces in the strongest terms the increase of hate speech, intimidation, violence, vandalism, arson, and other hate crimes targeted against mosques, Muslims, or those perceived to be Muslim;
    (4) recognizes that the United States Muslim community has made countless positive contributions to United States society;
    (5) declares that the civil rights and civil liberties of all United States citizens, including Muslims in the United States, should be protected and preserved;
    (6) urges local and Federal law enforcement authorities to work to prevent hate crimes; and to prosecute to the fullest extent of the law those perpetrators of hate crimes; and
    (7) reaffirms the inalienable right of every citizen to live without fear and intimidation, and to practice their freedom of faith.
    https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-...ution/569/text

Oh, and the UN sucks.
    "You know the difference between libs and right-wingers? Libs STFU when evidence refutes their false beliefs." - Another friend
    “Don't waste your time with explanations: people only hear what they want to hear.” - Paulo Coelho

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

I guess fj still needs those reading glasses. He seems to have missed this reply and its glaring facts enlarged
    for him and his extremely poor eyesight.-Tyr

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

I guess fj still needs those reading glasses. He seems to have missed this reply and its glaring facts enlarged
    for him and his extremely poor eyesight.-Tyr
    It's apparently quite easy to make you look the fool.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

that's not related to the un resolution.
    o' really?????

in accordance with a ten year plan of the organization of islamic cooperation (oic) to implement united nations’ resolution 16:18 which criminalizes all criticism of islam worldwide,
    ^^^^ then what the hell is this part???--tyr

my previous reply was sent exact same time as was your reply.

20. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

o' really?????

^^^^ then what the hell is this part???--tyr
    That isn't the section quoted by your ignorant friend.

my previous reply was sent exact same time as was your reply.
    Which makes you look the fool.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

united nations’ resolution 16:18 which criminalizes all criticism of islam worldwide,
    NAME ANY OTHER RELIGION IN THE WORLD WHICH HAS BEEN SANCTIONED AND PROTECTED BY THE STINKING UN.

That quoted action by the UN highlights its abject prejudice against all religions except Islam...and its cowardice in facing them as the great enemy they are to all non-muslims.
    Obama will head straight for the body to further harm this nation after leaving office as president.
    He needs to be arrested and imprisoned for his damn treason!!
    We simply must kick the damn UN out of this country and not give it another damn dime!
    As it works tirelessly to weaken and destroy us.. A fact.. -Tyr

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

That isn't the section quoted by your ignorant friend.

Which makes you look the fool.
    Idiot- sent same time would make you look like a fool, if it did me , --what a stupid moron you are.
    Did you even graduate from high school??? Serious question... -Tyr