Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Default I Get Angry

I have to work 7p-7a tonight, so I stayed up all night and tried to watch some stuff on cable TV. I'll sleep during the day.

I had heard that Veep was a good program. I never found out because every 7th word was an f-word.

I had heard that Nurse Jackie was a good program. I never found out because every 8th word was a f-word. Lots of other obscenities, too.

Why do profanity and sex need to play central roles in so many otherwise good programs? Is the world I live in different from everyone else's world, a world where profanity is not okay? I can work all week and never heard a bad word even once among the girls I work with. The TV and movie world seem to think that using bad words is okay and normal. It is not okay and I have decided to take a stand against it. If a program has an excessive amount of bad words, I won't watch it. I have already nearly stopped going to the movies because of the language.

The world is failing not because of Islamic jihadism, racism, homophobia, poverty, or any of the other themes. It is failing because of the lowered standards among civilized people. The things we tolerate nowadays is beyond belief. And for that I partially blame the women of this world. We as women have always drawn the line on acceptable behavior. The fact that so many men misbehave is our fault. We tolerate such despicable behavior, so it will continue.

There is hardly anything I find less acceptable than foul-mouthed women.

Okay, sermon over.
    Last edited by Perianne; 01-20-2016 at 06:39 AM.