Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Default What A Drag

Think I got most of my injuries under control. Now I get to start over working out, and working around injuries that I still have. It'll be fun.

Last few times I've tried to jump in where I left off. No bueno. I just end up hurt again. The idea of starting from scratch however is less than appealing.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

2. Thanks revelarts, Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Hell Bro my pain isn't from the Military but pain just the same, I recently joined a gym here in town and went back to just try to get back in shape ( I realized the heavy lifting and all that is probably long gone ) but being in decent shape would be nice, but God dang after a light work out I feel like I am 120 years old, gonna take a while to get back into it I believe.
    Never look down on someone unless you are helping them up

4. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

I don't mean to be disrespectful to you guys at all, but some of you are big men and I don't mean fat. You're just big. I am little and I like big men.

Anyway, my 115 pounds are tough on me as I age. For years I have gotten out and run a couple of miles a few times per week. Except I didn't last year because it hurt my knees. So, last fall I bought me a bicycle and when the weather turns warm I will start riding. To some extent it doesn't matter how you get your exercise. I will be 59 this year and I have to exercise or I will get old and start looking old.

A couple of years ago I got into lifting weights. I liked the pain you feel after the workout. I like pain in other things, too. Maybe I am a freak, lol. But I hurt my right shoulder when I lifted something wrong. I couldn't pinpoint what I did, it just started hurting and it hurt down into my right chest wall, as if I had injured something. So, I stopped that.

I think the point is I am just like you guys. Working out is hard and we have to build up to it. Slowly.

6. Thanks Jeff, Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Perianne View Post
    I don't mean to be disrespectful to you guys at all, but some of you are big men and I don't mean fat. You're just big. I am little and I like big men.

Anyway, my 115 pounds are tough on me as I age. For years I have gotten out and run a couple of miles a few times per week. Except I didn't last year because it hurt my knees. So, last fall I bought me a bicycle and when the weather turns warm I will start riding. To some extent it doesn't matter how you get your exercise. I will be 59 this year and I have to exercise or I will get old and start looking old.

A couple of years ago I got into lifting weights. I liked the pain you feel after the workout. I like pain in other things, too. Maybe I am a freak, lol. But I hurt my right shoulder when I lifted something wrong. I couldn't pinpoint what I did, it just started hurting and it hurt down into my right chest wall, as if I had injured something. So, I stopped that.

I think the point is I am just like you guys. Working out is hard and we have to build up to it. Slowly.

Well never one to argue with a pretty lady, freaks are in !!! Unless of course your a freak like the kind Bruce Jenner is, well than a slug is what would do ya best.

All seriousness though, I haven't been in a gym in a lot of years, but when I use to belong to Jack La Lane ( yup that long ago was the last gym I belonged to ) the ladies worked every bit as hard as most of the men, they just looked so much better doing it, at least to me they did, again I guess Bruce would of looked at a dirty hairy ass instead of y'all pretty little things.
    Never look down on someone unless you are helping them up

8. Thanks Perianne, Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Hell Bro my pain isn't from the Military but pain just the same, I recently joined a gym here in town and went back to just try to get back in shape ( I realized the heavy lifting and all that is probably long gone ) but being in decent shape would be nice, but God dang after a light work out I feel like I am 120 years old, gonna take a while to get back into it I believe.
    That's why I said I'm starting from scratch. I lifted 6 days a week and ran 6 days a week since I was about 15. Running is out, and so is the heavy lifting. I just have to not get impatient. I'm my own worst enemy there.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

10. Thanks Jeff thanked this post