Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Christie Brinkley View Post
    Finding one race in general more attractive than another? I think it is just genetic that we are attracted to people who look like us.
    I think it's just a preference. Now, if one did so because they truly think they are superior, then I would say racism.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks fj1200 thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I think it's just a preference. Now, if one did so because they truly think they are superior, then I would say racism.
    Do you not think you are superior to certain other races? Be honest.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Interesting. My GF's in school were all Hispanic. I didn't marry a white chick until I married one. There's nothing non-regular about them other than being female.
    Regular:

<header class="luna-data-header"> adjective </header> 1. usual; normal; customary:

White people are the majority in USA. So are females.

Had I lived in Finland, my husband would have been irregular as nearly everyone there has Finnish bloodline.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Perianne View Post
    Do you not think you are superior to certain other races? Be honest.
    Here's why I think the answer to that is no...

I think I'm superior to some other races when it comes to intelligence. When it comes to appearance, as I'm awesome. When it comes to athleticism. When it comes to a lot of traits, quite frankly.

But then there are folks from every race out there that are better than me in all of those traits.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

I generally don't engage in Racism threads, but...

My wife is 1/2 Athabascan and 1/2 Polish. She's wickedly smart, funny, beautiful, loyal and a joy to be around. Athabascan is a tribe of Indians here in Alaska - interestingly, they aren't genetically related to any American Indian, but are closest to South American Indians somehow. The tribes used to really get around, back in the day, and that's one hell of a hike.

Anyway, I don't believe that anyone is genetically predisposed to attraction to any one race. I think that is entirely a cultural influence, modified with personal experience.

Someone earlier mentioned Halle Berry - she is hot. Charlize is hot. I've seen women of all races that were hot. I really have a weakness for redheads, but still married a brunette. There's no explaining love.

No, Peri, I don't think that white is 'superior'. I would confidently put my wife up against you in any kind of intellectual contest and I think she'd win - she has a medical background as well, and grew up in New Jersey. Does that make her better than you? No, just different. You're both smart and have your own unique qualities that make you who you are.

I'm primarily of German stock, with a little Swedish thrown into the mix. I've met people of all races who are smarter than I am, and I'm no slouch.

Both Sharon and I make our own judgments about people's character on their own merit, not on what race they are. If we meet a white kid with his ass hanging out of his pants, he automatically gets a negative point against him, just as a black kid will. Or a 15 year old girl running around with a half pound of makeup on. Or a white hobo panhandling vs. an Eskimo hobo panhandling - both are getting negative points, no one gets a pass because of their race.

When I take on an apprentice, race doesn't enter the equation - and that says a lot. Ambition, intelligence and above all, a strong work ethic are the qualities I'm looking for. I can teach the rest. Any former apprentice is a direct reflection of me and my reputation and I take that very seriously.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

7. Thanks Kathianne, Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    I generally don't engage in Racism threads, but...

My wife is 1/2 Athabascan and 1/2 Polish. She's wickedly smart, funny, beautiful, loyal and a joy to be around. Athabascan is a tribe of Indians here in Alaska - interestingly, they aren't genetically related to any American Indian, but are closest to South American Indians somehow. The tribes used to really get around, back in the day, and that's one hell of a hike.

Anyway, I don't believe that anyone is genetically predisposed to attraction to any one race. I think that is entirely a cultural influence, modified with personal experience.

Someone earlier mentioned Halle Berry - she is hot. Charlize is hot. I've seen women of all races that were hot. I really have a weakness for redheads, but still married a brunette. There's no explaining love.

No, Peri, I don't think that white is 'superior'. I would confidently put my wife up against you in any kind of intellectual contest and I think she'd win - she has a medical background as well, and grew up in New Jersey. Does that make her better than you? No, just different. You're both smart and have your own unique qualities that make you who you are.

I'm primarily of German stock, with a little Swedish thrown into the mix. I've met people of all races who are smarter than I am, and I'm no slouch.

Both Sharon and I make our own judgments about people's character on their own merit, not on what race they are. If we meet a white kid with his ass hanging out of his pants, he automatically gets a negative point against him, just as a black kid will. Or a 15 year old girl running around with a half pound of makeup on. Or a white hobo panhandling vs. an Eskimo hobo panhandling - both are getting negative points, no one gets a pass because of their race.

When I take on an apprentice, race doesn't enter the equation - and that says a lot. Ambition, intelligence and above all, a strong work ethic are the qualities I'm looking for. I can teach the rest. Any former apprentice is a direct reflection of me and my reputation and I take that very seriously.
    I respect your viewpoints. You are a cute couple. Personally, I think you are a hottie and she is lucky to have married such a hunkie man.

9. Thanks NightTrain thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Thanks!

This topic is touchy and it's hard to discuss without people getting riled up. One typo or some clumsy wording and Armageddon is upon the thread.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    Thanks!

This topic is touchy and it's hard to discuss without people getting riled up. One typo or some clumsy wording and Armageddon is upon the thread.
    You realize I didn't start it?

Maybe it would be best to close the thread.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

You know, it's sad to say but I'm beginning to think that the name of the board should be changed to Debate Racist.

There's hardly 3 days that goes by where someone doesn't try to promote or justify racial or racist POVs here.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

13. Thanks fj1200 thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

You realize I didn't start it?

Maybe it would be best to close the thread.

I know you didn't. I was speaking generally.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I respect your viewpoints. You are a cute couple. Personally, I think you are a hottie and she is lucky to have married such a hunkie man.
    He's just as lucky and she's just as good looking-though in a different way than a guy.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

16. Thanks NightTrain, Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    You know, it's sad to say but I'm beginning to think that the name of the board should be changed to Debate Racist.

There's hardly 3 days that goes by where someone doesn't try to promote or justify racial or racist POVs here.
    I think they are being 'scientific' as were others before them. Didn't you know that criminals have a 'certain look?'

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

18. Thanks fj1200, revelarts thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Race, race mixing, homosexuality, and the like are thrown at us by the media constantly. Of course it's going to be on our minds.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Personally, I would go by the totality of the posts. With nearly 900,000 posts, how many are about racism/racists? Also, whether we all like it or not, how many days goes by where a major racist story doesn't hit the news in one way or another. How many folks justify it? How many promote it?

Sorry, if you want to point at a few members, have at it. But please don't point fingers at the entire board, which is what it sounds like when you say change the name. I know that's not specifically what you meant, but that's what happens with large brushes being used. Unless of course you DO in fact want to imply that most here are racists.

21. Thanks fj1200 thanked this post
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I think I'm superior to some other races...
    Jeez Jim.

You know, it's sad to say but I'm beginning to think that the name of the board should be changed to Debate Racist. There's hardly 3 days that goes by where someone doesn't try to promote or justify racial or racist POVs here.
    Agreed, it's relentless.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

23. Thanks revelarts thanked this post