Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Thing is, I rarely buy stuff for myself. Almost everything I have is something I know I will use. I used to work out at the base gym at lunch every day. When I got stuck on independent duty, no more base gym. I knew I'd use the weights, so I got a set.

Wish I could still lift them. I might end up having to heist Jim's Bowflex.
    I hear ya and it is nice having them right at the house, many a nights I just don't feel like riding up to the gym, but then I use the kids ( having teenagers that are big into sports is good at times ) They don't have quite the weight I need but its a light work out, and any work out is better than none.
    Never look down on someone unless you are helping them up

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    I hear ya and it is nice having them right at the house, many a nights I just don't feel like riding up to the gym, but then I use the kids ( having teenagers that are big into sports is good at times ) They don't have quite the weight I need but its a light work out, and any work out is better than none.
    I have an Olympic weight set and a NICE bench set up. Thing is, I remember when I had to have 2 Olympic weight sets.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

I have to wonder what some people are thinking. Was just watching World's Dumbest. There's video where apparently this guys got a cell and internet access and he's got the old school, 60's coffee can weight set in the background.

And in case anyone doesn't know, we'd take old coffee cans and fill them with cement and put a piece of rigid pipe between them. Weight set.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I have to wonder what some people are thinking. Was just watching World's Dumbest. There's video where apparently this guys got a cell and internet access and he's got the old school, 60's coffee can weight set in the background.

And in case anyone doesn't know, we'd take old coffee cans and fill them with cement and put a piece of rigid pipe between them. Weight set.
    Like 10 years ago I paid like $1,500 for a new Bowflex machine. I did use it like 3 times. Then those huge rubber extended pieces made for very cool coat hooks. And I used the bench for my shoes/sneakers.

I LOVE watching the World's Dumbest episodes, always makes me feel a little bit better about myself.

5. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Like 10 years ago I paid like $1,500 for a new Bowflex machine. I did use it like 3 times. Then those huge rubber extended pieces made for very cool coat hooks. And I used the bench for my shoes/sneakers.

I LOVE watching the World's Dumbest episodes, always makes me feel a little bit better about myself.
    Damn. You ARE lucky your wife kept you. I could build a gym for about $500. Crap, I do pullups on a tree limb.

And yeah, World's Dumbest is a total self esteem booster. It's like WTF were you even halfway thinking?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Damn. You ARE lucky your wife kept you. I could build a gym for about $500. Crap, I do pullups on a tree limb.

And yeah, World's Dumbest is a total self esteem booster. It's like WTF were you even halfway thinking?
    I watched the commercial too many times. "Just 20 minutes per day, 3 times per week" and I thought I was going to look like Lou Ferrigno! Didn't quite work out that way. Apparently you need to do other things besides those 60 minutes, and eating a shitload of pizza isn't one of them.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I watched the commercial too many times. "Just 20 minutes per day, 3 times per week" and I thought I was going to look like Lou Ferrigno! Didn't quite work out that way. Apparently you need to do other things besides those 60 minutes, and eating a shitload of pizza isn't one of them.
    Diet is 75%. People don't get that. And the people selling this crap capitalize on it. When I was young it was universal machines. People spent a fortune on them. I never did the Boqflex thing because they won't just give you a price without an e mail address. Forget that. Learned that lesson long ago.