Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Default Putin Smart/Obama Dumb

Why Syria is a growing threat to the world and applauding Putin is not in US best interests:

https://pjmedia.com/richardfernandez...american-idol/

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Related. 'Press not connecting the dots, just reporting.' They don't do this with Republican presidents:

http://pjmedia.com/instapundit/226976/

FEBRUARY 17, 2016

JOURNALISM AND OBAMA’S MIDEAST DEBACLES:
    Fortunately for President Obama’s short-term peace of mind, but tragically from the standpoint of Middle East peace, the plight of the Syrians and the President’s historical standing, the press is sticking to its standard “don’t connect the dots” approach when it comes to reporting on President Obama’s failures in office. That is, the mainstream, instinctively pro-Democratic media is reporting on the unfolding disaster in Syria as it must, but it isn’t doing to Obama’s Middle East failures what it did to George W. Bush’s. That is, while a growing number of well-respected reporters are becoming increasingly concerned by the evidence of strategic collapse, the press as a whole isn’t building up and relentlessly hammering home a picture of comprehensive strategic and policy failure and aggressively blaming the White House for the consequences of its fumbles. The White House isn’t facing the kind of national uproar a GOP president would face in a comparable situation of strategic meltdown, and so the President and the small clique of ultra-loyal aides who have gathered around him in the twilight of the second term can continue to shield themselves from the full awareness of the trouble they are in.

That is too bad. If the White House faced the firestorm of criticism that its Syria policy deserves, there would be a better chance for the kind of reappraisal and regrouping that America’s Middle East policy so desperately needs.

This is why, if you value competent foreign policy, you should vote Republican. Even if you don’t thing that Republican presidents are any better at it, they get more scrutiny.
    To me, a strong argument for voting Republican, but alas not strong enough for Trump.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Related. 'Press not connecting the dots, just reporting.' They don't do this with Republican presidents:

http://pjmedia.com/instapundit/226976/

To me, a strong argument for voting Republican, but alas not strong enough for Trump.
    Yes, nothing would be strong enough for voting Trump, right??-Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

4. Thanks Perianne, namvet thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    Yes, nothing would be strong enough for voting Trump, right??-Tyr
    Correct. I do hope though that IF he wins and his supporters are proven correct, I will have to say-"I was wrong." The real problem though will be IF I would be proven correct and the 4 years follow the previous 8.

I do hope/pray/wish you all are correct if it comes to pass. I will be totally wrong and admit it.

6. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Correct. I do hope though that IF he wins and his supporters are proven correct, I will have to say-"I was wrong." The real problem though will be IF I would be proven correct and the 4 years follow the previous 8.

I do hope/pray/wish you all are correct if it comes to pass. I will be totally wrong and admit it.
    As is your right to hold onto and stand up for your personal beliefs.
    I hold that right and that freedom in highest regard.--Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

8. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post