Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Default Bomb on Rental Car Disarmed at Albuquerque Airport

NEWS FEB 14 2016, 10:05 PM ET
    Bomb on Rental Car Disarmed at Albuquerque Airport
    by ALEX JOHNSON

A "credible explosive device" was found on a rental car at the Albuquerque, New Mexico, airport Sunday, delaying travelers from picking up cars while authorities disarmed it, authorities said.

Police wouldn't describe the nature of the device, which was found on a car at the Avis Car Rental center in the airport's combined rental facility about 8:30 a.m. (10:30 a.m. ET).

The rental car center isn't attached to the main terminal, and no flights were affected, said Daniel Jiron, a spokesman for Albuquerque International Sunport. But travelers lined up in long queues for hours, unable to reach their rented cars, as a police bomb squad dealt with the device.

Police said the device was attached to a car that was rented elsewhere and dropped off at the Albuquerque airport, where suspicious staff processing returned cars spotted and reported it. Police didn't identify where the vehicle was originally rented.

Judie Miranda, who went to the airport Sunday morning to pick up a friend only to be greeted by police and roadblocks, told NBC station KOB that she spent hours comforting rental car workers who were told to stay at their posts.

"I can see the fear that they were having," Miranda said. "Here you get a bomb threat, and they keep them in there. It's sad America has to have this fear."

The FBI and the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives are investigating, police said.
    Do not fear folks. When the FBI were asked about the last customer who had that car being named,
    Allah Mohhammad IniSay Foque and his recent return from a 3 month vacation in Syria being of any importance--they replied-
    Why yes, we asked him if he had seen any unsavory characters messing around with his rental car . He told us no. So we helped him roll up his prayer rug and wished him a happy day and are now looking elsewhere for clues!
    And we do note , that chasing obvious dead ends like that is just a part of our job.
    We now have our eyes on a white man working at the rental place thats a Christian and he once complained that the bathroom stalls
    there did not have enough toilet paper. A quite promising lead we think... --Tyr
    Last edited by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot; 02-15-2016 at 08:38 PM.
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

2. Thanks Perianne, NightTrain thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    Do not fear folks. When the FBI were asked about the last customer who had that car being named,
    Allah Mohhammad IniSay Foque and his recent return from a 3 month vacation in Syria being of any importance--they replied-
    Why yes, we asked him if he had seen any unsavory characters messing around with his rental car . He told us no. So we helped him roll up his prayer rug and wished him a happy day and are now looking elsewhere for clues!
    And we do note , that chasing obvious dead ends like that is just a part of our job.
    We now have our eyes on a white man working at the rental place thats a Christian and he once complained that the bathroom stalls
    there did not have enough toilet paper. A quite promising lead we think... --Tyr
    That's just stupid. First, why would anyone want to blow up anything HERE? Especially that crappy little thing we call an airport? I don't think I've even seen a raghead here. Everyone's Mexican or Indian. (And, surprisingly enough for all you fans of the term "Native American", the Indians here call themselves "Indians").
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    That's just stupid. First, why would anyone want to blow up anything HERE? Especially that crappy little thing we call an airport? I don't think I've even seen a raghead here. Everyone's Mexican or Indian. (And, surprisingly enough for all you fans of the term "Native American", the Indians here call themselves "Indians").
    No real tactical reason except to show Americans that the terrorists can have a bomb lurking pretty much anytime, anywhere. If it managed to kill a few Americans, so much the better.

I imagine that the perp just isn't into that whole suicide mission thing, so this was the next best option for him.

Just speculation on my part, but it seems logical.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    No real tactical reason except to show Americans that the terrorists can have a bomb lurking pretty much anytime, anywhere. If it managed to kill a few Americans, so much the better.

I imagine that the perp just isn't into that whole suicide mission thing, so this was the next best option for him.

Just speculation on my part, but it seems logical.
    You blow up something around this dust bin nobody'll probably notice unless it screws with traffic. Besides, around here, they're like as not to blame a UFO.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

6. Thanks NightTrain thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

8. Thanks NightTrain thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Well, there goes some hope-for entertainment.

I love the bank robbers here, too. Just WHERE are you going on your getaway? Flagstaff, Amarillo, Santa Fe or Las Cruces? You got your choice. E-W on I-40 or N-S on I-25. Oh, and you're in the damned desert. You ain't hiding in the bushes.

10. Thanks Kathianne, NightTrain thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Well, there goes some hope-for entertainment.

I love the bank robbers here, too. Just WHERE are you going on your getaway? Flagstaff, Amarillo, Santa Fe or Las Cruces? You got your choice. E-W on I-40 or N-S on I-25. Oh, and you're in the damned desert. You ain't hiding in the bushes.
    I heard there are lots of Italians buried in the sand....

12. Thanks Gunny, NightTrain thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    I heard there are lots of Italians buried in the sand....
    "Italians" huh?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Yes, well now saying it was a fake bomb sure allays a lot of fear and attempts to discredit the people that
    came out raisin ell against the muzzys, huh?
    And who's word are we taking for this new revelation ?
    Why none other than the OBAMA government--WHICH WE ALL NOW WOULD NEVER LIE TO US!!!

SURE MADE A BELIEVER OUT OF ME... -TYR
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Yes, well now saying it was a fake bomb sure allays a lot of fear and attempts to discredit the people that
    Why none other than the OBAMA government--WHICH WE ALL NOW WOULD NEVER LIE TO US!!!

Hey you might be right and suddenly all these conspiracies are coming to fruition!
    Last edited by Kathianne; 02-17-2016 at 09:08 AM.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

It would actually be the ABQ Bomb Squad. Since they didn't blow themselves up handling it, I can only assume it must be true.

And trust me, this place is funky as Hell. I've lived all over the US and the world, and NOTHING compares to this place. There's no rhyme nor reason to how anyone dresses. You can just be assured it isn't anything out of the last 30 years fashions. And this is old car Heaven. If it was built between 1940 and 1980, we have at least TWO here. Stock and STILL running.

17. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Hey you might be right and suddenly all these conspiracies are coming to fruition!
    And with that bit of sarcasm ignored, I must point out that I've never declared all or most or even half of the conspiracies are true and/or will be coming to fruition.
    Last edited by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot; 02-17-2016 at 02:58 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

And with that bit of sarcasm ignored, I must point out that I've never declared all or most or even half of the conspiracies are true and/or will be coming to fruition.
    One thing I left out ... we DO get 50's and 60s pop and old country on the radio. It's on AM AND FM.

Now if I could just pick up one of these old 50s pickups ....